Trump Economy Posts 3% GDP Growth

Here it comes....."He inherited such a great economy thanks to Obama"

Just after giving Obama credit for something good that happened in the same time span he was in office in 2009.

Uhhh....he caused massive growth and profit in the firearms industry? :biggrin:

That was something that actually can be attributed to his actions. Funny how the lefties don't like that result.

Why not? The sure like the First Amendment. But without the Second Amendment, they wouldn't have the freedom to yell "Wolf" in a crowded theater. :biggrin:

I agree it was because Obama and his actions. I'm curious as to why something that was positive wasn't proclaimed as a good thing by his supporters.

Because your typical Obama-supporter thinks guns are icky.

Just after giving Obama credit for something good that happened in the same time span he was in office in 2009.

Uhhh....he caused massive growth and profit in the firearms industry? :biggrin:

That was something that actually can be attributed to his actions. Funny how the lefties don't like that result.

Why not? The sure like the First Amendment. But without the Second Amendment, they wouldn't have the freedom to yell "Wolf" in a crowded theater. :biggrin:

I agree it was because Obama and his actions. I'm curious as to why something that was positive wasn't proclaimed as a good thing by his supporters.

Because your typical Obama-supporter thinks guns are icky.

I knew that. I was showing their hypocrisy. Even when he does do something good, they call it bad.

Yep, and he did it without increasing Federali spending, like Obama did.

US second-quarter GDP growth revised up, fastest in over two years
CNN says strongest growth in 3 years and unemployment at 16-year low. Fake news for sure, but not pro-Trump:

U.S. economy records fastest growth in 3 years

Read it and weep while Trump goes from one victory to another:

"During the first full quarter with President Trump in charge, economic growth hit 3%, according to revised estimates released by the government on Wednesday.

That's the strongest growth since the first quarter of 2015. It's more than double the pace of the first three months of 2017 and better than original estimates for the second quarter. The government initially pegged second-quarter growth at 2.6% in July.

The economic momentum was driven by stronger consumer spending and healthier business investment.

Trump promised 4% growth on the campaign trail, but his administration has since set a goal of 3%.

The White House wants to speed up the sluggish recovery from the Great Recession by cutting taxes, slashing deregulation and ramping up infrastructure spending. So far, Trump's economic agenda has not made it through Congress.

Yet the U.S. economy is looking healthy anyway, especially on the jobs front. Private employers accelerated hiring in August, adding 237,000 workers, according to estimates released on Wednesday by payment processing firm ADP.

The government's more-closely watched jobs report, set to be released on Friday, is expected to show the unemployment rate holding at a 16-year low of 4.3%."

If he is responsible for this is he also responsible for the wall and healthcare ?

Weak shit, man. You can't argue with real numbers. Not the fake, contrived, and manipulated numbers we saw from the Obama administration. Real numbers. Real progress. Real growth.

The next step would be tax reform, which will push this winning through the roof.
Which of his policies is responsible for this miracle ?

Maybe no policies at all. Maybe Trump is a magical wizard, who has super-secret powers. Ever think of that?
That is a scary thought.

Fake News! Fake Numbers!
After Tramp forced the numbers to be fudged up. :)

You mean like the low unemployment numbers Obama claimed after setting a record for food stamp users? Talk about fake.
Yeah like the fake UE numbers Don THE Con is using now, as fake as Tramp's crowd size numbers.

You do know that this year's budget, until 4/28, was passed LAST year : ) I believe part of Wall Street likes Trump, for now at least. It was "Trump's economy" for 2 of the first 6 months of 2017 :

n September 28, 2016, Congress passed a continuing resolution which extended funding at previous years levels up to December 9, 2016. The continuing resolution avoided a government shutdown and directed funding specifically for protection against the Zika virus and flood relief in Louisiana. The resolution did not include funding some members of Congress requested for the lead crisis in Flint, Michigan.[15][16] The continuing resolution was named as the Continuing Appropriations and Military Construction, Veterans Affairs, and Related Agencies Appropriation Act, 2017, and Zika Response and Preparedness Act.[17]

In November 2016, shortly after the 2016 presidential election, the incoming Trump administration advocated for a second continuing resolution funding the government only until the end of March, to allow the incoming administration influence over the 2017 budget. The House Republican leadership acceded to this plan, although some lawmakers expressed concern that delaying the final appropriations legislation would distract Congress from other priorities during the beginning of Trump's administration.[18] The final bill, the Further Continuing and Security Assistance Appropriations Act, 2017, extended funding through April 28, 2017. It was passed by the House and Senate on December 8 and 9, 2016, respectively. The passage of the bill in the Senate was delayed after Democrats objected to the fact that an extension of health benefits for retired miners would not last until the end of the year, but a compromise was made to take up the matter in January.[19]

Last edited:

Fake News! Fake Numbers!
After Tramp forced the numbers to be fudged up. :)

You mean like the low unemployment numbers Obama claimed after setting a record for food stamp users? Talk about fake.
Yeah like the fake UE numbers Don THE Con is using now, as fake as Tramp's crowd size numbers.

Actually both food stamp use AND unemployment are going down. That's how things are supposed to work. You don't put record numbers on food stamps if you're claiming unemployment goes down as much as Obama claimed.

You do know this year's budget was passed LAST year : ) I believe part of Wall Street likes Trump, for now at least.
Sure, all this new investment is because of a budget that was passed last year. If Obama weren't such a ideological hack, he could have achieved as much in his first administration.

You do know this year's budget was passed LAST year : ) I believe part of Wall Street likes Trump, for now at least.
Sure, all this new investment is because of a budget that was passed last year. If Obama weren't such a ideological hack, he could have achieved as much in his first administration.

The budget until 4/28 was passed in December. Thank Obama!

The budget until 4/28 was passed in December. Thank Obama!
As in April 28, 2016? It took them a year to decide to invest? Give it up, America is being made great again after 9 year of failure.

An election slogan kept!

Last negatives were Baby Bush's : )

Not true...happened twice under Obama. Recession officially ended June 2009. Negatives in 2011 Q1, -1.5 and 2014 Q1, -.9

Doesn't matter to me if you can't stand the current prez and wish all matter of evil rain down upon his head but let's at least keep it real.

On a side note (for...I don't remember who), NK shot missiles over Japan twice in the past...during the Clinton and Obama administrations. Facts is facts, right?

GDP growth of 3 is good news for us all. Might go to the basement next quarter, then you can be gleeful. :)

Not true...happened twice under Obama. Recession officially ended June 2009. Negatives in 2011 Q1, -1.5 and 2014 Q1, -.9

Doesn't matter to me if you can't stand the current prez and wish all matter of evil rain down upon his head but let's at least keep it real.

On a side note (for...I don't remember who), NK shot missiles over Japan twice in the past...during the Clinton and Obama administrations. Facts is facts, right?

GDP growth of 3 is good news for us all. Might go to the basement next quarter, then you can be gleeful. :)

No, the chart I read had no negative quarters under Obama(.)

Somebody, anybody tell me that they want an Obama economy back. Anyone?

Yeah, I forgot. Giving food stamps to moochers is good for the economy.

It's a tricky thing to find the numbers. Can you post the chart?

Here are some I used. There are charts in each.

All the Facts About GDP in 2011
U.S.: real GDP growth by quarter 2011-2017 | Statista
U.S. Economy Contracted in a Frigid First Quarter
U.S. GDP Dropped 2.9% In The First Quarter 2014, Down Sharply From Second Estimate

Last edited:

Correct. Thank you, I looked it and confirmed; until 6/09 appeared to be under Bush II. I will not be 'gleeful' if the economy takes a dive; the deficit will go through the sky, but tax cuts help the economy, temporarily that is.

I already clicked them off, note, YOU ARE CORRECT.

The Dems gave Obama the credit while the Fed pumped $5T into the economy to bring it back, so it's not like we're dealing with intellectual honesty at this point.

The only reason the Fed did that was because Conservatives in DC refused to do anything to stimulate the economy. And I don't know why on earth any Conservative is opposed to QE; it's trickle-down economics at its most base.

Forum List

Back