Trump exposed the weaknesses in American democracy

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Donald Trump exposed the weaknesses in our system of government that could now be exploited by a corrupt leader with control of the White House. In this series, the Globe editorial board outlines the urgent reforms needed to prevent the rise of an American tyrant — and to protect our democracy for posterity.

Now it's up to our political leaders to patch the holes to prevent others from exploiting them in the future.

On the one hand I am grateful that Trump exposed these weaknesses, but on the other hand I condemn him for trying to exploit them for personal gain.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Now it's up to our political leaders to patch the holes to prevent others from exploiting them in the future.

On the one hand I am grateful that Trump exposed these weaknesses, but on the other hand I condemn him for trying to exploit them for personal gain.

What do you think?
What weaknesses, holes and exploitations were these? do me a list.

What do you think?

Yeah, normal people standing up to the Oligarchs.

That's why you Nazis are FORCED to establish a totalitarian dictatorship, to ensure the people never defy the rulers again!

Donald Trump exposed the weaknesses in our system of government that could now be exploited by a corrupt leader with control of the White House. In this series, the Globe editorial board outlines the urgent reforms needed to prevent the rise of an American tyrant — and to protect our democracy for posterity.

What do you think?
I think you're a fucking unhinged kook, with a terminal case of TDS.

Cartoon.jpg

I have taken you off permanent ignore so you may read my updated OP.
They start by calling him a tyrant so that undermines just about anything else they want to try and claim in that article.

Besides, skim reading that article it's a conspiracy theory talking about his finances.

I want to see YOUR list of all these weaknesses, holes and exploitations not a crackpot article from the BostonGlobe calling him a tyrant.

Nahhhhhhh... there is a valid point here... and it's on the Orange Baboon-God's head...

It's time to ensure that no future Piece of $hit ( Orange or otherwise ) can ever again attempt to overturn a general election...

It's time to ensure that those who supported the attempted coup... the Insurrection of Jan 6... go to prison for a very long time...

Traitorous scum...

From the OP:

Ultimately, Congress proved itself a deeply flawed check on an authoritarian president willing to break the law out in the open — and sometimes even admit it on national television. “Our norms only go so far in protecting the democracy. Our laws only go so far. Even our Constitution — as brilliantly written as it is — only goes as far as the men and women are willing to give its provisions meaning,” Representative Adam Schiff, Democrat of California, who served as the lead House impeachment manager during Trump’s first impeachment trial, said in an interview. “If you acknowledge, as many of the Republican senators did during the trial, that the House had proved the president guilty but you still make the decision to acquit, there’s nothing much that the Constitution can do to protect us.

Forum List

Back