Trump files, jury sees classified files or Trump wins

So, if the options are to show such sensitive information to a jury, or Donald Trump cannot be convicted on that one particular charge, which would be your choice?
my interest is national security, which is best served by a trump conviction. perhaps our choices will not be so stark?

my interest is national security, which is best served by a trump conviction. perhaps our choices will not be so stark?
So it’s worth it to you to show the classified information to the jury, if it means Trump might be convicted? Then you should have no problem with Judge Cannon’s ruling.

So it’s worth it to you to show the classified information to the jury, if it means Trump might be convicted? Then you should have no problem with Judge Cannon’s ruling.
no . the jury has no "need to know" any of this.

a sane appeals court will so find. i hope.

Precisely. Why would the DoJ ask permission to voluntarily search Trump's house if they already had asked to search the boxes and were denied?
Referring to the April 29th comments , some where after that it appears for one reason or another, it hit the fan, culminating June 2.
Go ahead and prove it.
I did in the last post....
When he moved them out of the storage room with the intent of preventing his lawyers from obtaining the classified documents and turning them over to the FBI, then it becomes illegal.
Still moving things in His own home.....DOJ has to prove intent, not just speculate.

Uh huh.

Except for when you just did.
What part of 'which for the most part' don't you understand?
I take it you have knowledge of what is contained in those theoretically claimed nuclear documents?

So when you said most, you meant everything that's not Classified among a pile of documents that are all classified?

Looks like you're the one that's not quite sure what that means.

Referring to the April 29th comments , some where after that it appears for one reason or another, it hit the fan, culminating June 2.

Still moving things in His own home.....DOJ has to prove intent, not just speculate.
th doj has to PROVE the boxes did not move themselves? of course trump is the guy who says where the stolen classified stuff goes in his own home. if this was el chapo moving bales would we have to prove "intent?"

The April 29th comments are unrelated to the question at hand. They talk about the delay in handing the documents from NARA to the DoJ. The claim of privilege is absurd since one can’t claim executive privilege from the current executive.

It has nothing to do with the reason why Trump’s lawyers wouldn’t prevent the FBI from looking in the boxes.

There is no logic to asking for a voluntary search if Trump had already refused to turn documents over after getting a subpoena. Your own link said that the Trump defenders in the FBI wanted to close the investigation.
You got it wrong, as you already admitted.
You think Nauta would have moved those boxes on his own? Obviously not. Nauta removed many boxes, put them in Trump‘s office. Returned some of the boxes. Trump made sure he did this before his lawyer was allowed into the storage room to look through things. This plus Trump’s asking his lawyers whether he could just hide them gives a lot of evidence to his intent.

It would be pretty hard for a rational person to see this as something more innocent.

After all, we know that the search turned up many documents.

So when you said most, you meant everything that's not Classified among a pile of documents that are all classified?

Looks like you're the one that's not quite sure what that means.
For the most part, an internet search of several easily available websites will garner one info on a particular countries weaponry, nuclear ambitions and so on....do yourself a favor and do a search.

th doj has to PROVE the boxes did not move themselves? of course trump is the guy who says where the stolen classified stuff goes in his own home. if this was el chapo moving bales would we have to prove "intent?"
Did DOJ tell Trump 'don't you dare move boxes to other rooms'?

The April 29th comments are unrelated to the question at hand. They talk about the delay in handing the documents from NARA to the DoJ. The claim of privilege is absurd since one can’t claim executive privilege from the current executive.
That is an obvious lie.

April 29, 2022: The Justice Department asks Trump’s lawyers for immediate access to the 15 boxes, citing national security interests and the need for “an assessment of the potential damage resulting from the apparent manner in which these materials were stored and transported.” Trump’s lawyers again ask for an extension, saying they need to review the material to “ascertain whether any specific document is subject to privilege.”

You think Nauta would have moved those boxes on his own? Obviously not. Nauta removed many boxes, put them in Trump‘s office. Returned some of the boxes. Trump made sure he did this before his lawyer was allowed into the storage room to look through things. This plus Trump’s asking his lawyers whether he could just hide them gives a lot of evidence to his intent.
Was Trump directed not to move any of His boxes in His home by DOJ/FBI?
You got it wrong, as you already admitted.
Just like you did in my first comment in the post..............:biggrin:

I take it you have knowledge of what is contained in those theoretically claimed nuclear documents?

Did DOJ tell Trump 'don't you dare move boxes to other rooms'?
who knows. we are quibbling.

the answer to the major point.

"can trump be trusted with classified information ."

is fairly obvious. i would trust any illegal immigrant with the nuclear codes before i would let trump anywhere near.

is fairly obvious. i would trust any illegal immigrant with the nuclear codes before i would let trump anywhere near.
Trump's would be deactivated at 12:01 J2th. So all this hoopla over Trump having the codes is bullshit.

Besides, they change every 24 hours.

Talk about stupidity.............the left has been screaming this bullshit for quite some time.

"can trump be trusted with classified information ."
Why not?

You going to tell me He was the first president to possibly show classified information to someone not cleared?

And He claims He declassified what was in His possession.

Trump's would be deactivated at 12:01 J2th. So all this hoopla over Trump having the codes is bullshit.

Besides, they change every 24 hours.

Talk about stupidity.............the left has been screaming this bullshit for quite some time.
do the codes have any effect if you do not have a red phone with a kg13 attached?

"the codes "are merely shorthand for the "football" or whatever. and by extension, the kind of thing that is best left secret.

old codes can tell you a lot, by the way.

number of bits, range of bits, things that might shave time from decoding hostile messages.

Forum List

Back