trump folds on govt shutdown

Why shut down if you don't have to. Smart move.

The Army Corp of Engineers can build the wall and that's exactly who should be doing it as soon as possible.
:lmao:
Incredible.

Uhhh…why didn’t he have them start on 1/20/2017 if that were the case? Why have the dog and pony show with the 6 contractors putting in bids, building prototypes, etc…?

Government grades border wall prototypes on effectiveness and aesthetics

Nothing incredible about it. The ACE has built many things, The wall would be a piece of cake for them.

If you can find a way to do it without a shutdown do it personally I wouldn’t care if there was a partial shutdown I don’t think the country would notice any difference in things but it’s bad optics and in politics how something looks matters more than the reality of the situation.

There was no way for Trump to come out of it looking good. He made a wise choice

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
He was in a no win situation; give in he's a pussy, not give in he's having a temper tantrum. Fuckem. It's military defense to have a wall, thus justified using dod funds.

Army Corp of Engineers can build anything and have in the past. That wall would be a piece of cake for those guys.
Fence building materials aren't free. I don't think the Congress will be very happy if Trump's minions steal money they appropriated for something else in order to build a Wall. Nosirree, they are not going to like that. Congress has the power of the purse and it damned well better stay that way.

Oh they could take it out of the defense budget.

After all building the wall is in defense of the country.

Keeping illegals out.

Illegals who cost us billions each year. No more illegals and billions saved. Those billions could be put back in the defense budget.
Oh, you make that sound so easy. Won't work, but dream on...

You sound like you think it would be difficult for the Army Corp of Engineers to build a fence. I think it would be one of the easiest things they ever did.

It would work. No dreaming. LOL
I'm not saying they can't build a Wall; of course they could. You haven't told me yet where the materials are going to come from. You believe the Army, Navy, Air Force etc. are going to give up their $$ to buy the materials for Donald's Wall? Let's put it this way: I'll be surprised if the military lets it go. My guess is they've already got that money spent.

He is the CIC and can order anything. Once the wall is built the billions we save could go back to the defense budget.

Have the Seabees build that fucker and see if some beaner with a backpack full of weed can climb it. Those boys can build anything....yesterday. And if a random shot rings out from the other side of the border, USMC can pursue the shooter all the way to Acapulco. :drillsergeant:

The Army Corp of Engineers can build the wall and that's exactly who should be doing it as soon as possible.
Incredible.

Uhhh…why didn’t he have them start on 1/20/2017 if that were the case? Why have the dog and pony show with the 6 contractors putting in bids, building prototypes, etc…?

Nothing incredible about it. The ACE has built many things, The wall would be a piece of cake for them.

No, your acquiescence to your master at every turn is what is incredible. Have some self respect.

Incredible.

No, your acquiescence to your master at every turn is what is incredible. Have some self respect.

I have plenty of self respect which you apparently don't have.

Carry on

Incredible.

I have plenty of self respect which you apparently don't have.

Carry on

You have zero. Your boy caved. And you applaud it.

And every time he says that, nothing happens, but his followers swallow every drop of it.

And his SCOTUS pick, kavanaugh, has already given Planned parenthood a "pass" and failed to uphold the 2nd.

I won't say it but...............

Told ya. Posted last year he would NOT be a friend to Conservatives. He's a Big Govt goon. Elitist hugger.
You forgot inept clown, corrupt failed businessman, sociopath narcissist...

Incredible.

Good luck with that without an express congressional fiscal appropriation.

Incredible.

Good luck with that without an express congressional fiscal appropriation.

I hope the luck is good. We really need that wall.

there is no express wall building power.

Army Corp of Engineers can build anything and have in the past. That wall would be a piece of cake for those guys.

They cannot build civilian projects without money from Congress.

It's military defense, you know to stop or slow down invasions from Mexico.

Then he should have had the foresight and maturity not to make such a threat.

His empty rhetoric has caused too many unnecessary dips in the markets.

Oh come on. You expect him to act like a politician. That's what a politician would do.

Trump isn't a politician and he never will be and expecting him to act like one is a waste of time.

Markets go up. Markets go down. Year after year.

I'm happy about the good economy we have. That concerns me more than the market.

Trump is dong well and the Army Corp of Engineers could build the wall. It would be a piece of cake for those guys.

Trump is a politician through and through. He was willing to pay off Democrats and Republicans when it advanced his goals.

The fact that the market is going sideways shows they are concerned about the economy slowing., Oil is going down partially because a fear of a slowing economy

Fence building materials aren't free. I don't think the Congress will be very happy if Trump's minions steal money they appropriated for something else in order to build a Wall. Nosirree, they are not going to like that. Congress has the power of the purse and it damned well better stay that way.

Oh they could take it out of the defense budget.

After all building the wall is in defense of the country.

Keeping illegals out.

Illegals who cost us billions each year. No more illegals and billions saved. Those billions could be put back in the defense budget.

No they cannot. There is no threat to this country from any country. Immigration is a civil function not a military one. They cannot enforce civil law.

It's military defense, you know to stop or slow down invasions from Mexico.

I am not aware of any Mexican soldiers threatening our country.

Forum List

Back