Trump Gag Order Still In Force To Bring Fines From Judge Merchan Because Of What He Says During Debate

"Trump Gag Order Still In Force To Bring Fines From Judge Merchan Because Of What He Says During Debate"

Maybe one of the more reasonable posters could explain something.

The gag order does not apply to Justice Merchan or the elected DA Bragg. It limits the ability of Ex-President Trump to comment on and incite followers to threaten or harm those in the following categories:
  • Court Staff doing their job.
  • Non-Elected Prosecutors doing their job.
  • Jurors
  • Witnesses (which I think will be modified post trial for witnesses that choose to make public commentary)
  • Family members of those involved in the case
The 90-minute debate will be divided up into 15 minutes segments for different topics. I'm guessing things like:
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Abortion
  • Taxes
  • Health Care
  • Abortion
  • etc.
So could someone explain why limitations on discussing specific participants (and some non-participants, such as family members) in any way limits the ability of Ex-President Trump to respond to issues like those listed above.

I see no logical connection.

WW
standingovation.gif

"Trump Gag Order Still In Force To Bring Fines From Judge Merchan Because Of What He Says During Debate"

The gag order does not apply to Justice Merchan or the elected DA Bragg. It limits the ability of Ex-President Trump to comment on and incite followers to threaten or harm those in the following categories:
  • Jurors
  • Witnesses (which I think will be modified post trial for witnesses that choose to make public commentary)
The 90-minute debate will be divided up into 15 minutes segments for different topics. I'm guessing things like:
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Abortion
  • Taxes
  • Health Care
  • Abortion
  • etc.
So could someone explain why limitations on discussing specific participants (and some non-participants, such as family members) in any way limits the ability of Ex-President Trump to respond to issues like those listed above.

WW
Because he's prohibited from mentioning Biden's # 3 at the DOJ inexplicably taking a huge paycut and demotion to lead Bragg's Trump prosecution team.

Or the glaring conflict of interest the judge had with his daughter literally making million of dollars for Democrats off of Trump's legal problems.

• Jurors
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Abortion
  • Taxes
  • Health Care
  • Abortion
  • etc.

WW
Only that Merchan's daughter is a DNC operative.

• Jurors
  • Illegal Immigration
  • Abortion
  • Taxes
  • Health Care
  • Abortion
  • etc.

WW
The purpose of this gag order is to prevent Trump from campaigning, because Biden isn't campaigning.

It's also going to be used to keep Trump from countering any false statements Biden uses during the debate concerning his conviction.

He already fined him for being critical of Michael Cohen.

Yet Cohen goes on his podcast and trashes Trump every day all he wants.

Only to your cult. The daughter was raising millions for democrats off of Trump. Millions.

Jake 'Trump is Hitler' Tapper will most assuredly ask him about being a convicted felon.,
oops, he said the "C" word.

everybody3.jpg

Trump Gag Order Still In Force To Bring Fines From Judge Merchan Because Of What He Says During Debate​

Not true.

Not true at all.

Please try and be honest and tell us what you think the gag order actually now covers and what is being discussed before teh court. Oh wait! You're trolling again.

never mind.

You may want to look around for some actual facts sans the Spin Surrounding the Manhattan Court Gag Order on Mr. Trump

Because he's prohibited from mentioning Biden's # 3 at the DOJ inexplicably taking a huge paycut and demotion to lead Bragg's Trump prosecution team.

Or the glaring conflict of interest the judge had with his daughter literally making million of dollars for Democrats off of Trump's legal problems.

In questions about illegal immigration, border security, abortion, taxes, health care, NATO, Ukraine, relations with Chine and/or North Korea.

Why does a local prosecutor or the daughter of a judge have to do with questions concerning policy?

WW

Not true.

Not true at all.

Please try and be honest and tell us what you think the gag order actually now covers and what is being discussed before teh court. Oh wait! You're trolling again.

never mind.

You may want to look around for some actual facts sans the Spin Surrounding the Manhattan Court Gag Order on Mr. Trump
You're so full of it.

Last edited:
The purpose of this gag order is to prevent Trump from campaigning, because Biden isn't campaigning.

The gag order doesn't prevent Trump from capaigning. Before the trial he could campaign every day. For the 3-4 weeks of the trial he could campaign on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. You know something, Trump has his own airplane. He could travel anywhere east of the Mississippi on Wendesdays and be back for court by Thursday. After Friday he could to to the west coast also.

Know what he did? He hung out at his Country Club's most days not in court playing golf.

It's also going to be used to keep Trump from countering any false statements Biden uses during the debate concerning his conviction.

The gag order has no restrictions on false Statements by Biden refering to evidence in the case. He can talk about it all he wants.

If Biden makes a false statement about the economy, illegal immigration, taxes, spending, etc. - the gag order does not prevent the Ex-President from responding.

He already fined him for being critical of Michael Cohen.

Correct, because as a witness in the case Cohen was covered by the gag order.

Yet Cohen goes on his podcast and trashes Trump every day all he wants.

And I support the Judge modifying the gag order if witnesses speak out against the ex-President and now that testimony is over he should be able to respond.

WW

The gag order doesn't prevent Trump from capaigning. Before the trial he could campaign every day. For the 3-4 weeks of the trial he could campaign on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. You know something, Trump has his own airplane. He could travel anywhere east of the Mississippi on Wendesdays and be back for court by Thursday. After Friday he could to to the west coast also.

Know what he did? He hung out at his Country Club's most days not in court playing golf.

The gag order has no restrictions on false Statements by Biden refering to evidence in the case. He can talk about it all he wants.

If Biden makes a false statement about the economy, illegal immigration, taxes, spending, etc. - the gag order does not prevent the Ex-President from responding.

Correct, because as a witness in the case Cohen was covered by the gag order.

And I support the Judge modifying the gag order if witnesses speak out against the ex-President and now that testimony is over he should be able to respond.

WW

You're full of shit. They know how Trump campaigns......so they wanted to hamstring what he says. Not that anything he says is going to matter after a guilty verdict.

The Gag Order enforced by Judge Merchan is still in full-force even though the trial is over. Why?

Because Biden wants to keep Trump from responding to questions from mods during the first (and probably only) debate.

Trump is going into next week's debate with one hand tied behind his back.

Judge Merchan will probably be announcing contempt of court fines the moment the debate is concluded, if Trump talks about something he feels is covered under the gag order.

Why would he be talking about his felony convictions in the debate? I’m sure the questioners would consider that too inflammatory and concentrate on policy questions.

#TRUMPISTOAST

Fines?

Anyone want to take bets on what trumps bill will be after the debate?

Forum List

Back