'Trump has hijacked the election': House Republicans in panic mode

What in the world is racist about that?

How many fainting couches do you people need? LOL

Go hide under your bed , we are about to get invaded , remember?

Are you going to answer or not?

What was racist about that ad?

I don't know, I didn't see it. It had to be for Fox to pull it.

`
House Speaker Paul Ryan got President Donald Trump on the phone Sunday for one final plea on behalf of anxious Republicans: Please, please talk up the booming economy in the final hours before Election Day. But Trump, unsurprisingly, had another issue on his mind. He boasted to Ryan that his focus on immigration has fired up the base, according to a source familiar with the call.

Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber were profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration would exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.

But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent. - Source
`
`

Today's election day. We'll see if the house republicans were right.
`
Believing any media source on Trump, democrats, republicans, or anything to do with this election is akin to believing in the tooth fairy. Ryan is a fake imo.

`
House Speaker Paul Ryan got President Donald Trump on the phone Sunday for one final plea on behalf of anxious Republicans: Please, please talk up the booming economy in the final hours before Election Day. But Trump, unsurprisingly, had another issue on his mind. He boasted to Ryan that his focus on immigration has fired up the base, according to a source familiar with the call.

Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber were profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration would exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.

But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent. - Source
`
`

`

To be washed away--literally--by weather. Pouring rain where I am right now, bad weather all over. Guess who's used to getting out in all kinds of bad weather? Workaday people. Republicans. :) It will hurt a lot of Democrats, though. Young people especially. They will NOT be making that extra stop at the polls today in all this weather.

Maybe they should make it a holiday, or have every state have a few days to vote.

`

`
`

`

To be washed away--literally--by weather. Pouring rain where I am right now, bad weather all over. Guess who's used to getting out in all kinds of bad weather? Workaday people. Republicans. :) It will hurt a lot of Democrats, though. Young people especially. They will NOT be making that extra stop at the polls today in all this weather.

Maybe they should make it a holiday, or have every state have a few days to vote.

No. If you can't find it in your regular day to vote, you don't deserve to have your voice heard. No more accommodations for absolute slackers.

From the minute that Limbaugh and Hannity adopted him in the campaign, Trump has been focused like a laser on one thing, and one thing only, period: The Base.He has concentrated on the border issue because no other issue scares and enrages them more than that.That's all there is to this.
`
I don't watch cable/TV news so I don't know their take on this. The only place I've seen where people get all worked up over this caravan issue is in this forum. In my community, health care is the major issue. The economy, yeah but the farmers up around here can't stand trump now due to his tariffs, so I've heard.

From the minute that Limbaugh and Hannity adopted him in the campaign, Trump has been focused like a laser on one thing, and one thing only, period: The Base.He has concentrated on the border issue because no other issue scares and enrages them more than that.That's all there is to this.
`
I don't watch cable/TV news so I don't know their take on this. The only place I've seen where people get all worked up over this caravan issue is in this forum. In my community, health care is the major issue. The economy, yeah but the farmers up around here can't stand trump now due to his tariffs, so I've heard.

The way you all spew the talking points is just uncanny. Your Party says jump and you all bark in unison, "How high?"

If you were to listen to talk radio for just a few days, much of this would make absolute sense to you. The terms, the opinions, even the thought processes are all absolutely the same and completely predictable.

It's already known that Hannity and Trump are very close, and I absolutely guarantee you that Hannity has drilled "The Base" into Trump's head. Trump's actions bear that out.

If you were to listen to talk radio for just a few days, much of this would make absolute sense to you. The terms, the opinions, even the thought processes are all absolutely the same and completely predictable.

It's already known that Hannity and Trump are very close, and I absolutely guarantee you that Hannity has drilled "The Base" into Trump's head. Trump's actions bear that out.
Fantasies about the election does not win elections, it only shows your mindset.

Fantasies about the election does not win elections, it only shows your mindset.
I don't know what that has to do with my post.

`

`
`

`

No. If you can't find it in your regular day to vote, you don't deserve to have your voice heard. No more accommodations for absolute slackers.

How about people who work and take the bus to work. How about 12 hour shift people?

Classic liberal pretend response.

Classic liberal pretend response.
Okie dokie!

It really is okay to make clear and concise statements, without playing games. Really.

If you were to listen to talk radio for just a few days, much of this would make absolute sense to you. The terms, the opinions, even the thought processes are all absolutely the same and completely predictable.It's already known that Hannity and Trump are very close, and I absolutely guarantee you that Hannity has drilled "The Base" into Trump's head. Trump's actions bear that out.
`
As far as the conservative around here, they dislike trump and abhor Hannity and Limbaugh. There aren't too many third parties up here in Wisconsin, running for local elections, so most of my votes are going democratic like Tony Evers for governor and Tammy Baldwin for Senate.

Republicans can afford umbrellas, will show up, poor ole welfare democrats wont because they dont want to get all wet. Even when the Dems give them a burger and pack of cigs to show up.
`
Not that I expected anything more but so far, not a single person here read or commented on my posted article. Many house republicans believe that trump should have keyed on how well the economy is doing instead of the dumpster fire he created about a threat from the southern border.
`

Because its a complete lie, Trump has been talking about the economy for 2 straight years. The biased fake news has refused to report on how well the economy is doing, the odd rare story, but Trump has never stopped talking about it.

Not that I expected anything more but so far, not a single person here read or commented on my posted article.

It's more of the same hubris .....

Like I said, today's election day. One way or another, votes will determine who's right.

more who's the most PO'ed

He's making stuff up in the last couple weeks in a way that I don't think we've seen from a serial liar, the President, before."

yup, and the few who point it out are fake news....

Believing any media source on Trump, democrats, republicans, or anything to do with this election is akin to believing in the tooth fairy.

They all work for the same people, so i would not expect much of a change even if our congress swings blue, just a different narrative

~S~

Republicans can afford umbrellas, will show up, poor ole welfare democrats wont because they dont want to get all wet. Even when the Dems give them a burger and pack of cigs to show up.
`
Not that I expected anything more but so far, not a single person here read or commented on my posted article. Many house republicans believe that trump should have keyed on how well the economy is doing instead of the dumpster fire he created about a threat from the southern border.
`

Because its a complete lie, Trump has been talking about the economy for 2 straight years. The biased fake news has refused to report on how well the economy is doing, the odd rare story, but Trump has never stopped talking about it.
It's a wave Trump is riding, not creating

~S~

`
`

It's a wave Trump is riding, not creating

~S~

Your statement is retarded.

`

`
`

`

Ryan has been apparently watching reruns of Gilligan's Island in the evening, instead of President Trump's speeches.

Every freaking day the booming Trump economy- particularly in contrast to the Obama Malaise- is chatted about.

Forum List

Back