'Trump has hijacked the election': House Republicans in panic mode

`
House Speaker Paul Ryan got President Donald Trump on the phone Sunday for one final plea on behalf of anxious Republicans: Please, please talk up the booming economy in the final hours before Election Day. But Trump, unsurprisingly, had another issue on his mind. He boasted to Ryan that his focus on immigration has fired up the base, according to a source familiar with the call.

Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber were profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration would exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.

But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent. - Source
`
`

Today's election day. We'll see if the house republicans were right.
`

To be washed away--literally--by weather. Pouring rain where I am right now, bad weather all over. Guess who's used to getting out in all kinds of bad weather? Workaday people. Republicans. :) It will hurt a lot of Democrats, though. Young people especially. They will NOT be making that extra stop at the polls today in all this weather.

Maybe they should make it a holiday, or have every state have a few days to vote.

No. If you can't find it in your regular day to vote, you don't deserve to have your voice heard. No more accommodations for absolute slackers.

How about people who work and take the bus to work. How about 12 hour shift people?

Polls are open 13 hours here. If you know it's that much trouble for you, arrange something in advance, like adults do.

Republicans can afford umbrellas, will show up, poor ole welfare democrats wont because they dont want to get all wet. Even when the Dems give them a burger and pack of cigs to show up.
`
Not that I expected anything more but so far, not a single person here read or commented on my posted article. Many house republicans believe that trump should have keyed on how well the economy is doing instead of the dumpster fire he created about a threat from the southern border.
`

Because its a complete lie, Trump has been talking about the economy for 2 straight years. The biased fake news has refused to report on how well the economy is doing, the odd rare story, but Trump has never stopped talking about it.
It's a wave Trump is riding, not creating

~S~

Your statement is retarded.
As are those who actually believe any given potus can wave some magic economic wand ...

p7jcto0dveuz.jpg

`
House Speaker Paul Ryan got President Donald Trump on the phone Sunday for one final plea on behalf of anxious Republicans: Please, please talk up the booming economy in the final hours before Election Day. But Trump, unsurprisingly, had another issue on his mind. He boasted to Ryan that his focus on immigration has fired up the base, according to a source familiar with the call.

Two days out from an expected Democratic takeover of the House, Republicans focused on the chamber were profoundly worried that Trump’s obsession with all things immigration would exacerbate their losses. Many of these same Republicans welcomed Trump’s initial talk about the migrant caravan and border security two weeks ago, hoping it would gin up the GOP base in some at-risk, Republican-held districts.

But they now fear Trump went overboard — and that it could cost them dearly in key suburban districts, from Illinois to Texas. Many of them have cringed at Trump’s threats to unilaterally end birthright citizenship, as well as his recent racially tinged ad suggesting that immigrants are police killers. The president's drumbeat, they say, is drowning out news any incumbent president would be negligent not to dwell on: that the economy added a quarter-million jobs last quarter, and unemployment is below 4 percent. - Source
`
`

`

To be washed away--literally--by weather. Pouring rain where I am right now, bad weather all over. Guess who's used to getting out in all kinds of bad weather? Workaday people. Republicans. :) It will hurt a lot of Democrats, though. Young people especially. They will NOT be making that extra stop at the polls today in all this weather.
Republicans can afford umbrellas, will show up, poor ole welfare democrats wont because they dont want to get all wet. Even when the Dems give them a burger and pack of cigs to show up.
You are like school on Saterday. No class!

Nope... sorry... you're parroting the demtard talking point, and we don't listen to that crap.The main issue is illegal immigration. Oh... I'm sorry... I know that hurts you mongrels and you tried real hard to change the subject. Well it just doesn't work that way anymore. We don't listen to your democrat propaganda wing like you do... sorry.
`
Like I said, today's election day. One way or another, votes will determine who's right.
Trumps pandering to racist pieces of shit like seen on this board are certainly better motivated by racism.

`
Not that I expected anything more but so far, not a single person here read or commented on my posted article. Many house republicans believe that trump should have keyed on how well the economy is doing instead of the dumpster fire he created about a threat from the southern border.
`

Because its a complete lie, Trump has been talking about the economy for 2 straight years. The biased fake news has refused to report on how well the economy is doing, the odd rare story, but Trump has never stopped talking about it.

~S~

As are those who actually believe any given potus can wave some magic economic wand ...

p7jcto0dveuz.jpg

Historic tax cuts, corporate tax cuts, massive de-regulation has a huge impact on the economy nitwit. Pull your head out of your ass.

`

`
`

`
really doesn't matter what happens, the hate and bitterness will continue.

Most House Republicans are RINOs and losers.

Why didn’t they take care of their own shit?

Where is the fucking wall?

Is it news to them that the Presidential party almost always lose seats in the midterm elections?

Ryan is a POS lame duck and should have resigned.

What a bunch of hapless twats.

Many house republicans believe that trump should have keyed on how well the economy is doing instead of the dumpster fire he created about a threat from the southern border.`
From the minute that Limbaugh and Hannity adopted him in the campaign, Trump has been focused like a laser on one thing, and one thing only, period: The Base.

He has concentrated on the border issue because no other issue scares and enrages them more than that.

That's all there is to this.
there was a commercial the other day from the (R) side that was embarrassing beyond belief.

i don't like the caravan.
i think they're trying to start something and regardless of what is done, will spin it to look bad
we have legal means, USE THEM and i support them 100%..

all that said, the Rs used the event and man alive the guy doing the script reading was getting hot and heavy into it. somehow or another these people grew demon wings and would come suck the blood out of our children if we allow this to happen. so a vote for the R side will stop this and save the playgrounds for our children's for generations to come.

yes i exaggerate but it was getting that bad. between crap like this and the cruz camp txt'ing me 6 times so far, i'm not happy with either side today.

No matter what happens today.
Trump is still president tomorrow.

Heads will still explode and shills will still shill, regardless of outcome.

Nope... sorry... you're parroting the demtard talking point, and we don't listen to that crap.The main issue is illegal immigration. Oh... I'm sorry... I know that hurts you mongrels and you tried real hard to change the subject. Well it just doesn't work that way anymore. We don't listen to your democrat propaganda wing like you do... sorry.
`
Like I said, today's election day. One way or another, votes will determine who's right.

Wow, Trump voted in was right?

`
`

Most people already know how great the economy is doing because they are living it.

They enjoy the lowest UE since 69 and more jobs than there are people to fill them.

No one needs to tell them a damned thing.

`
`

~S~

p7jcto0dveuz.jpg
Well Obama sure did think that President Trump would need a magic want to make the economy roar. Guess President Trump proved Obama correct for once...

Most people already know how great the economy is doing because they are living it.They enjoy the lowest UE since 69 and more jobs than there are people to fill them.No one needs to tell them a damned thing.

`
Still, there are many in the republican camp who feel he has way oversold his message of fear in regards to the caravan in the many hotly contested seats. That's getting negative reaction from republican moderate voters who don't see it as a primary issue.

`

`
`

`
Lies.
Nothing but lies.
Trump was talking about job creation last night.
So this story is total BS.

Most people already know how great the economy is doing because they are living it.They enjoy the lowest UE since 69 and more jobs than there are people to fill them.No one needs to tell them a damned thing.

`
Still, there are many in the republican camp who feel he has way oversold his message of fear in regards to the caravan in the many hotly contested seats. That's getting negative reaction from republican moderate voters who don't see it as a primary issue.
i want to fix immigration. but i want congress to do it. billing the caravan as a bloody group of heathens and making commercials going crazy we stop them *is* a huge turn off.

`

`
`

`
Those three left wing authors could be right.

OTH, it very well could be propaganda.

They are using unnamed sources, and they very clearly have a left of center bias.

Hell, one of them wrote for the SF chronicle. I often times read pieces by the founder of Slate, David Talbot. He still writes for them. VERY LEFT. You can't get more left than this, you really can't.

To head this under, "NEWS (elections)" rather than, "Opinion?" well, it might be suspect.

Towards the end of the piece, I noted it presented the other side, so to title the article in such a way? Seems misleading, really.

Be careful you aren't seeking sources to confirm your bias, as we all tend to do.

I guess we'll see, right?

Um, TRUMP not focusing on how good the economy has been under his administration has resulted in the media talking about it. So pretty sure TRUMP doesn't need advise from Ryan.

Forum List

Back