Trump has the worst negatives of just about any candidate in modern history.

1. Doesn't matter that it's a private election. or not for a public office. It's still an election.

No, it's commonly called that but it is in effect a poll. What office do they win? They don't. They get delegates assigned, supposedly to represent that candidate at the convention --- but not necessarily. I recall noting a few weeks ago that in the Hawaìi primary, Hillary Clinton already had several delegates to none for Sanders --- with zero percent of the tally reporting. Zero votes cast, yet delegates already assigned. So the process is murky, malleable, and subject to the whim of the party.

Don't like it? Then 86 the party. This is part of the reason I don't have one.

2. NO, you kept presenting that historical fact as though the fact that it happened in the past means it is ok. That is not true. The Primary Election/General Election of 1912 does not support your argument.

It's a demonstration of how the process can work, if the administration wants it to.

3. It is not their party. It is OUR party. As in all the Republicans, not just the leadership.

Lesley Gore had another song that applies here. It was called "You Don't Own Me". Don't like it? Get yourself elected Party Chair. It may sound ironic but a political party isn't a democracy.

1. Doesn't matter that it's a private election. or not for a public office. It's still an election.

No, it's commonly called that but it is in effect a poll. What office do they win? They don't. They get delegates assigned, supposedly to represent that candidate at the convention --- but not necessarily. I recall noting a few weeks ago that in the Hawaìi primary, Hillary Clinton already had several delegates to none for Sanders --- with zero percent of the tally reporting. Zero votes cast, yet delegates already assigned. So the process is murky, malleable, and subject to the whim of the party.

Don't like it? Then 86 the party. This is part of the reason I don't have one.

2. NO, you kept presenting that historical fact as though the fact that it happened in the past means it is ok. That is not true. The Primary Election/General Election of 1912 does not support your argument.

It's a demonstration of how the process can work, if the administration wants it to.

3. It is not their party. It is OUR party. As in all the Republicans, not just the leadership.

Lesley Gore had another song that applies here. It was called "You Don't Own Me". Don't like it? Get yourself elected Party Chair. It may sound ironic but a political party isn't a democracy.

YOu are being ridiculous.

1. You are arguing against the normal use of the word primary. I have posted a link to a dictionary definition, you have referenced a historical example of abuse and claim that as evidence it is right to do so.

2. You are also arguing against the normal use of the term political party. YOu are claiming that the leadership is the whole of the party and that the PARTY MEMBERS are nothing but "consumers" of what the leadership produces.

Your political partisanship has grown to the point where it has put you into a state of pathological denial.

YOur inability to think has grown to the point where you are changing in your own mind, the meaning of commonly used words to fit your partisan need of the moment.

Yeah, but it's NOT an election. It's not an official government function, and has been pointed out, the party itself decides how binding the opinions expressed actually are. It's a poll. In fact, some states even come right out and call it that.

The Republican leadership IS respecting the process. It's the people who just noticed the process and are demanding that it be changed mid-stream to suit them that aren't.

A party has more purposes than just winning elections, which is why sometimes, they're willing to accept losing. Their primary purpose, rightly or wrongly, is to advance their own power and goals. This is not different from any other political party. Only the goals change.

All this twaddle about being obligated to accept a frontrunner who is no more or less than a hostile takeover of the party with an avowed goal - at least among its supporters - of smashing the party is nothing but the same old "you must give up and let me have my way, how DARE you oppose me and fight for your own aims!" The party leaders didn't give up the same right that the Trumpettes have to fight for THEIR candidate choice, simply because they became party leaders. Indeed, more effective fighting for their own candidates and goals is the reason WHY they worked so hard for that position.

Donald Trump isn't part of the "team". Much of the entire point of his candidacy is that he isn't, and hostility and negative intent toward the party.

Definition of the word Primary from the Cambridge Advanced Learners Dictionary and Thesaurus.

primary Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

"in the US, an election in which people choose who will represent a particular party in an election for political office"

When people start arguing against the well known meanings of words, that's when you know that they are deep in a state of irrational denial.

The Republican Party Leadership is NOT respecting the process. They think that they have the right to choose the nominee despite who wins the primaries, as you have been arguing.

They are wrong.

Definition of Political Party, again from Cambridge.

party Definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary

"a political group with particular beliefs and aims and which supports members who are trying to get elected to public office:"

Trump might be a recent convert to the Republican Party.

I am not. My father in law is even older, and he is also a Trump supporter.

This is not a hostile takeover.

Trump did not bring his "faction" of supporters into the GOP, we have been waiting here all along.

And as long standing Republicans we deserve an equal and fair opportunity to participate in the primary ELECTION and try to win.

AND if we win, fair and square, we deserve to have the Party to stand with us in the General Election.

When people have to venture across the Atlantic Ocean for a dictionary to support what they think is a point, that's when you know that they are deeper in a state of irrational denial.

Again, as both of us have been hammering into the density of your skull, this is a party function. The party and the individual states decide how it works. And if at some point they decide to change their own rules............. then they change their own rules. Ain't rocket surgery.

Again --- 1912. Roosevelt won big in the primaries. Nine of the last ten, barely losing Massachusetts. Taft won two states total. And the nominee was.... Taft. Because the party, not the primary, decides who its own candidates are.

The primary is the party's "trial run". It is not an "election".

Are you claiming the Cambridge Dictionary is inaccurate with regard to simple English Words?

Please support that claim.

Sure, it's a Party FUnction. And if they run an Election of their members, they are responsible for HOW they run it.

If they decide they don't like the outcome and decide to just do what they want, they are responsible for that decision.

That is being unethical.

That, as the Rule maker, they have the power to do that, does not mean that it is right.

The President has the Power to Pardon Criminals.

He could order his flunkies to murder his enemies and then pardon them so they don't serve time.

Just because some one has the power to do something doesn't make it right.

Actually, yes, dictionaries can be a bit imprecise in their choice of words, especially these days, because they're trying to convey a concept to people who are themselves woefully sloppy about English.

Let's put it another way: some primaries use the same processes as elections, but they are not Elections.

I love the way he fixates on the first sentence and ignores the inconvenient part -- the rest of the post.

Maybe information in larger clumps overwhelms his brain?

1. You are arguing against the normal use of the word primary. I have posted a link to a dictionary definition, you have referenced a historical example of abuse and claim that as evidence it is right to do so.

I've made no judgments on what's "right". That isn't my domain; it belongs to those the organization has assigned to run the jernt. What a British dictionary says is irrelevant to how the process actually works --- which is why 1912 is there as an example. If it actually worked the way you're trying to portray --- 1912 could not have gone down as it did. At no time did I characterize that 1912 development as "abuse". You did that.

2. You are also arguing against the normal use of the term political party. YOu are claiming that the leadership is the whole of the party and that the PARTY MEMBERS are nothing but "consumers" of what the leadership produces.

That's pretty close. Actually the leadership is the leadership, like any organization. And yes, the party members are in effect consumers. This is pretty much why I don't join one.

Flynn and Russian ambassador worked to set up back channel between Trump and Putin to bypass US government
Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters.

Already arguing about this with one of your minions..

How come you didn't post this?

The people who described the contacts to Reuters said they had seen no evidence of wrongdoing or collusion between the campaign and Russia in the communications reviewed so far.

85% Latino
80% Black
80% Young
75% Women

Poll was from the Washington Post.

How exactly will Trump overcome those numbers to win the Whitehouse? And how will we save the Senate in down ballot races?
Trump is a typical Republican. His base will never desert him.

18486164_1836836242994012_8771310943696668833_n.png
upload_2017-5-18_7-13-16.jpeg

85% Latino
80% Black
80% Young
75% Women

How exactly will Trump overcome those numbers to win the Whitehouse? And how will we save the Senate in down ballot races?

Wtf you talking about? The right will dump some one, it's the left that would go to there grave rather then dessert one of their own...aka bill Clinton..

“The danger he faces is his own party, with a growing chorus of leading Republicans who want to distance themselves from Trump because he has the smell of a wounded animal. Right now, there aren’t many Republicans in Congress facing reelection who are going to want to be in photo opportunities with him. He’s a man without coattails.”

— Historian Douglas Brinkley, quoted by the Washington Post.

“The danger he faces is his own party, with a growing chorus of leading Republicans who want to distance themselves from Trump because he has the smell of a wounded animal. Right now, there aren’t many Republicans in Congress facing reelection who are going to want to be in photo opportunities with him. He’s a man without coattails.”

— Historian Douglas Brinkley, quoted by the Washington Post.

STFU

look-daddy-the-real-news-imeabellrings-htcrime-resistance-another-butthurt-9471211.png

85% Latino
80% Black
80% Young
75% Women

Wrong, Trump is far from a typical republican, or a typical politician. He is a normal successful American businessman. He knows how to get things done and talks like a normal human being, not a corrupt disingenuous politician. He did not get elected because of the R behind his name, he got elected because the American voters understood that the country needs someone like him to fix the mess created by generations of politicians whose only goal was to make themselves rich.

This thread is hilarious. Someone point me to the first post that declares Trump should be impeached even before he takes office.

LMFAO.

Can't wait to see who on The Left the Special Prosecutor will have indicted.

85% Latino
80% Black
80% Young
75% Women

LOL!! It is the dem base that keep bloc voting despite being completely FUCKED by dem policy over and over and over again.

Forum List

Back