Trump:"I will mandate the death penalty for anyone who kills a police officer" Can he?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
One of the first things I do, in terms of executive order if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that will go out to the country — out to the world — that anybody killing a policeman, policewoman, a police officer — anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty. It’s going to happen, OK?” Trump said in brief remarks to the several hundred police union members gathered for the endorsement.
Donald Trump says if elected, he would mandate death penalty for convicted cop killers

Is it possible?
The United States federal government (in comparison to the separate states) applies the death penalty for crimes: treason, terrorism, espionage, federal murder, large-scale drug trafficking, and attempting to kill a witness, juror, or court officer in certain cases. Military law allows execution of soldiers for several crimes. Executions by the federal government have been rare compared to those by state governments. Twenty-six federal (including military) executions have been carried out since 1950. Three of those (none of them military) have occurred in the modern post-Gregg era. This list only includes those executed under federal jurisdiction. The Federal Bureau of Prisons manages the housing and execution of federal death row prisoners. As of January 19, 2014, fifty-nine people are on the federal death row for men at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana; while the two women on the federal death row are at Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas.[1] Capital punishment by the United States federal government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trump may try as Obama has Executive Orders to do so but he may not have to! When the rest of law-abiding citizens understand that what Trump wants is what the rest of us want, Congress will go along and
abide by adding to the above crimes,i.e. killing a law enforcement officer.

One of the first things I do, in terms of executive order if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that will go out to the country — out to the world — that anybody killing a policeman, policewoman, a police officer — anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty. It’s going to happen, OK?” Trump said in brief remarks to the several hundred police union members gathered for the endorsement.
Donald Trump says if elected, he would mandate death penalty for convicted cop killers

Is it possible?
The United States federal government (in comparison to the separate states) applies the death penalty for crimes: treason, terrorism, espionage, federal murder, large-scale drug trafficking, and attempting to kill a witness, juror, or court officer in certain cases. Military law allows execution of soldiers for several crimes. Executions by the federal government have been rare compared to those by state governments. Twenty-six federal (including military) executions have been carried out since 1950. Three of those (none of them military) have occurred in the modern post-Gregg era. This list only includes those executed under federal jurisdiction. The Federal Bureau of Prisons manages the housing and execution of federal death row prisoners. As of January 19, 2014, fifty-nine people are on the federal death row for men at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana; while the two women on the federal death row are at Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas.[1] Capital punishment by the United States federal government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trump may try as Obama has Executive Orders to do so but he may not have to! When the rest of law-abiding citizens understand that what Trump wants is what the rest of us want, Congress will go along and

This guy sounds more and more just like the fascists of the mid 20th century. He seems to have in his head that he gets to become a form of dictator if elected. And make no mistake, there is a large portion of the Republican party that would welcome a dictator as long as he lords power over those they would also like to lord power over.

Is it possible?

If the crime is the cold blooded killing of a police officer, then yes I agree with Trump.. It will be good if he can get it done, because the cold blooded killing of those who choose voluntarily to uphold the law and keep us safe, should be met with the death penalty absolutely.

Is it possible?

This guy sounds more and more just like the fascists of the mid 20th century. He seems to have in his head that he gets to become a form of dictator if elected. And make no mistake, there is a large portion of the Republican party that would welcome a dictator as long as he lords power over those they would also like to lord power over.
Obama wanted to be a dictator so bad he could taste it.

I would also say this.. If a law officer uses his authority to cold bloodedly kill a citizen, then the same should apply to that officer as well.

I would also say this.. If a law officer uses his authority to cold bloodedly kill a citizen, then the same should apply to that officer as well.
Absolutely correct! Obviously! Goes without saying.
Not a question!

So let me get this straight...

Trump wants to assign higher value to government lives than the lives of citizens.
Trump wants use EO to deprive the people of their right to trial by jury, by declaring their sentences himself.
Trump wants to violate the separation of powers by inserting the Executive Branch into judicial matters.
Trump wants to violate state rights by having the federal government set the sentences for state crimes

And you morons are cheering for this?

Is it possible?

Who knows? Maybe the dictator will repeal the law that forces everybody to buy health insurance whether they want it or not.

Is it possible?

Who knows? Maybe the dictator will repeal the law that forces everybody to buy health insurance whether they want it or not.

He can't, sorry Charlie.

But you demonstrated my point very clearly. There are a large number of conservatives that would welcome 'their kind' of dictator.

Is it possible?

He can't, sorry Charlie.

But you demonstrated my point very clearly. There are a large number of conservatives that would welcome 'their kind' of dictator.
If it takes a dictator to roll back what the left had done to this country, then the thought might actually be a good one. Ha the left would be the ones who fear him most, and the way their going after him says it all... Trump is not out to kill the golden goose, but the left has sure done a grand job of it.

Is it possible?

He can't, sorry Charlie.

If it takes a dictator to roll back what the left had done to this country, then the thought might actually be a good one. Ha the left would be the ones who fear him most, and the way their going after him says it all... Trump is not out to kill the golden goose, but the left has sure done a grand job of it.

It took a dictator to do what the left has done to this country, how many laws has Obama broken and ignored now? How many times has he ignored the will of the people and our representatives in congress with his phone and pen?

Is it possible?

He can't, sorry Charlie.

He can't? Who's stopping him? He'll have a Republican Congress and Senate to work with. They'll be glad to get rid of Commie Care once and for all.

Is it possible?

Red herring fallacy, the thread is about Trump.

This is a ridiculous lie, in addition to being a fallacy.

Is it possible?

Another ridiculous lie, as no such law exists.

Another ridiculous lie, as no such law exists.

You might have missed it, but they passed Obamacare like six years ago. Can't blame you for not knowing what's in the law, though. We had to pass it so we could read it. Turns out it sucks.

Is it possible?

He can't, sorry Charlie.

He can't? Who's stopping him? He'll have a Republican Congress and Senate to work with. They'll be glad to get rid of Commie Care once and for all.
This is the sort of partisan stupidity common to those who support the likes of Trump.

Is it possible?

Red herring fallacy, the thread is about Trump.

This is a ridiculous lie, in addition to being a fallacy.

1. Red herring is a kind of fallacy that is an irrelevant topic introduced in an argument to divert the attention of listeners or readers from the original issue. In literature, this fallacy is often used in detective or suspense novels to mislead readers or characters or to induce them to make false conclusions.

Where in heavens name do you come up with such cliches? Such idiotic observation?
It isn't a "red herring". Trump said it.
What "false" conclusion am I purporting here? I simple added "Can he do it"?
And then I showed with research that the federal government DOES impose the death penalty. Again where is that a "false conclusion"?
I think you use these totally inappropriate cliches to show your limited vocabulary. Which is ok because it just reinforces others opinions!

Forum List

Back