Trump:"I will mandate the death penalty for anyone who kills a police officer" Can he?

"Trump:"I will mandate the death penalty for anyone who kills a police officer" Can he?"

You really have to ask that question?

Trump has tapped into the frustration and anger of many, many Americans, and like any good politician his mouth is writing checks his body can't cash / that he knows he can NOT cash...unless he follows the 'Obama Doctrine' of 'Have Phone / Pen, Will Legislate'. Part of me hopes he wins and does just that, just to hear the Liberals scram and cry like little 'biatches', about how 'unfair', 'illegal', and 'wrong' it is, how it is an 'impeachable offense' when a Republican does exactly what a Liberal does....

:rolleyes:

"Trump:"I will mandate the death penalty for anyone who kills a police officer" Can he?"

Trump has tapped into the frustration and anger of many, many Americans, and like any good politician his mouth is writing checks his body can't cash / that he knows he can NOT cash...unless he follows the 'Obama Doctrine' of 'Have Phone / Pen, Will Legislate'. Part of me hopes he wins and does just that, just to hear the Liberals scram and cry like little 'biatches', about how 'unfair', 'illegal', and 'wrong' it is, how it is an 'impeachable offense' when a Republican does exactly what a Liberal does....

And what positive result would that ultimately have for the US?

The same benefits could be claimed, I am sure, as Obama has claimed.

One of the first things I do, in terms of executive order if I win, will be to sign a strong, strong statement that will go out to the country — out to the world — that anybody killing a policeman, policewoman, a police officer — anybody killing a police officer, the death penalty. It’s going to happen, OK?” Trump said in brief remarks to the several hundred police union members gathered for the endorsement.
Donald Trump says if elected, he would mandate death penalty for convicted cop killers

Is it possible?
The United States federal government (in comparison to the separate states) applies the death penalty for crimes: treason, terrorism, espionage, federal murder, large-scale drug trafficking, and attempting to kill a witness, juror, or court officer in certain cases. Military law allows execution of soldiers for several crimes. Executions by the federal government have been rare compared to those by state governments. Twenty-six federal (including military) executions have been carried out since 1950. Three of those (none of them military) have occurred in the modern post-Gregg era. This list only includes those executed under federal jurisdiction. The Federal Bureau of Prisons manages the housing and execution of federal death row prisoners. As of January 19, 2014, fifty-nine people are on the federal death row for men at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana; while the two women on the federal death row are at Federal Medical Center, Carswell in Fort Worth, Texas.[1] Capital punishment by the United States federal government - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trump may try as Obama has Executive Orders to do so but he may not have to! When the rest of law-abiding citizens understand that what Trump wants is what the rest of us want, Congress will go along and
abide by adding to the above crimes,i.e. killing a law enforcement officer.

Beliefs like yours are what comes from living in the bubble. You believe everything the fringe right tells you. Just because that crap is all you listen to doesn't mean that's what the majority of citizens believe.

Funny when you whine about impeachment. If you could have, you would have so STFU.

The same benefits could be claimed, I am sure, as Obama has claimed.

What the hell does that even mean?

Heck King Donald could pass an executive order! But then again he first has to be elected!

The way Executive Orders have been perverted there is no reason President Trump could not declare membership in The Democrat Party as a capital offense.

You built it libs, now live in in!

Another ridiculous lie, as no such law exists.

You might have missed it, but they passed Obamacare like six years ago. Can't blame you for not knowing what's in the law, though. We had to pass it so we could read it. Turns out it sucks.
The ACA doesn't 'force' anyone to have health insurance if he doesn't want it.

If one so desires he may opt to have no health insurance and instead pay a tax each year.

If he refuses to pay the tax the ACA authorizes no further action by the government; indeed, the Act prohibits punitive action against those who refuse to pay the tax – absent garnishment of one's income tax refund.

This notion that the ACA 'forces' Americans to have health insurance is another ridiculous lie contrived by the partisan right – just as ridiculous as Trump's 'proposal' in the OP.
This reminds me of that commercial ,with two boys seeing who could piss the farthest,instead of force,the posted should have used extortion.

Of course he can...the same way the federal government gets everything else done...withhold federal money unless their demands are met.

Of course he can...the same way the federal government gets everything else done...withhold federal money unless their demands are met.
That's easily defeated....threaten a government shutdown - no matter whose idea or fault it is - despite the fact that the government NEVER really shuts down - and the wuss Conservatives will cave and give you anything Libs want. ...something tells me Trump would be different...but he's not 'Congress'.

Withhold federal funds from any state where a legislature or supreme court has found the death penalty violates the 8th?

I know no one with half a brain ever even thought for a minute this made sense, but what do you think a state's attorney general would do to any fed govt that tried this, and what would that cause the US supreme court to decide? LOL

Withhold federal funds from any state where a legislature or supreme court has found the death penalty violates the 8th?

I know no one with half a brain ever even thought for a minute this made sense, but what do you think a state's attorney general would do to any fed govt that tried this, and what would that cause the US supreme court to decide? LOL
Which court has found the death penalty violates the constitution?

Legislatures didn't want to change their speed limits either...but they did.

Forum List

Back