Trump: I'll rescind Birthright Citizenship (Thank God)

k
Had anyone told Trump that even as President, he won't be able to "rescind" constitutional amendments?

I'm sure he meant that he would push Congress to change the 14th. And that COULD be done.

But he would face more than a significant battle trying to remove citizenship status of those who are already citizens.

He can "push" Congress all he wants, there's no chance of a super-majority of either house passing an amendment revoking birthright citizenship, let alone 38 states ratifying it.

Well there is another way to get it done, SCOTUS could easily rule against "birthright citizenship" just as they have reversed MANY 100 year old rulings. I find that more unlikely than a new law though.

k
Had anyone told Trump that even as President, he won't be able to "rescind" constitutional amendments?

I'm sure he meant that he would push Congress to change the 14th. And that COULD be done.

But he would face more than a significant battle trying to remove citizenship status of those who are already citizens.

He can "push" Congress all he wants, there's no chance of a super-majority of either house passing an amendment revoking birthright citizenship, let alone 38 states ratifying it.

Well there is another way to get it done, SCOTUS could easily rule against "birthright citizenship" just as they have reversed MANY 100 year old rulings. I find that more unlikely than a new law though.

Neither is going to happen.

I believe I have to concur with the Libs on this one, although I am pretty sure there is nothing in the constitution about anchor babies, which the President CAN do something about with a "phone and a pen."

Once again we see the ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law common to most conservatives, as well as the right's unwarranted fear and hostility toward Hispanic Americans and immigrants.

Our rights are inalienable, they manifest as a consequence of our humanity, they can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

The 14th Amendment acknowledges and codifies this fact, where one's inalienable rights manifest as a consequence of being human and born in the jurisdiction of the United States.

One is a citizen of the United States at birth because at that instant he realizes his lawful status as a person, entitled to Constitutional protections, regardless the origins or status of his parents.

To seek to deny a citizen born in the United States his citizenship solely because of his parent's status violates Constitutional jurisprudence and the fundamental principles of the Republic (See Weber v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co.), it takes citizenship safeguarded by the Constitution and places it at the capricious mercy of bureaucrats and politicians who will use citizenship as a partisan weapon.

Trump's immigration 'plan' is hateful, ignorant, reprehensible, and wrong – and the same can be said of those who support such a 'plan.'

Once again we see the ignorance of, and contempt for, the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law common to most conservatives, as well as the right's unwarranted fear and hostility toward Hispanic Americans and immigrants.

Our rights are inalienable, they manifest as a consequence of our humanity, they can be neither taken nor bestowed by any government, constitution, or man.

The 14th Amendment acknowledges and codifies this fact, where one's inalienable rights manifest as a consequence of being human and born in the jurisdiction of the United States.

One is a citizen of the United States at birth because at that instant he realizes his lawful status as a person, entitled to Constitutional protections, regardless the origins or status of his parents.

To seek to deny a citizen born in the United States his citizenship solely because of his parent's status violates Constitutional jurisprudence and the fundamental principles of the Republic (See Weber v. Aetna Casualty & Surety Co.), it takes citizenship safeguarded by the Constitution and places it at the capricious mercy of bureaucrats and politicians who will use citizenship as a partisan weapon.

Trump's immigration 'plan' is hateful, ignorant, reprehensible, and wrong – and the same can be said of those who support such a 'plan.'
Trumps plan is patriotic and bold.

I believe I have to concur with the Libs on this one, although I am pretty sure there is nothing in the constitution about anchor babies, which the President CAN do something about with a "phone and a pen."
Likely because there is no such thing as an 'anchor baby,' the notion is an ignorant, hateful contrivance of the right - one born in the United States is a citizen of the United States:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

This isn't difficult to understand.

Trump's 'plan' is ignorant, moronic, and hateful – just like you.

In order for Trump to implement his 'plan,' he would need to amend the Constitution to repeal the 14th Amendment.

Good luck with that.

Trump's 'plan' is ignorant, moronic, and hateful – just like you.

In order for Trump to implement his 'plan,' he would need to amend the Constitution to repeal the 14th Amendment.

Good luck with that.

Jess Sessions, John Bolton and Colonel Jacobs will help him get all that done.

So - there are people here that actually support this idea?

And those are the same that state they support the constitution if I am not mistaken.

Something does not add up.
Citizen should be granted to people after they have graduated from High School proving their worth citizenship and not simply because they were born here.

And those are the same that state they support the constitution if I am not mistaken.

Citizen should be granted to people after they have graduated from High School proving their worth citizenship and not simply because they were born here.
sig hiel mien fuher .

The topic of this thread is the idiocy of Trump, not the personal opinions of the OP. Stop insulting him

Irrelevant.

It is a fact that Trump is stating something that is unconstitutional. IF you support the constitution then such SHOULD be reprehensible. The support from some simply shows that they don't give a rats ass about the constitution unless it happens to align with what they want at the time.

Irrelevant.

It is a fact that Trump is stating something that is unconstitutional. IF you support the constitution then such SHOULD be reprehensible. The support from some simply shows that they don't give a rats ass about the constitution unless it happens to align with what they want at the time.

Constitution can be changed by the amendment process.

The topic of this thread is the idiocy of Trump, not the personal opinions of the OP. Stop insulting him
um, dude, he just claimed that we wanted to get rid of all the black people. If you can't insult someone who claims that who can you insult?

Forum List

Back