TRUMP in trouble in Pennsylvania! Won't win it in 2020!

Obamacare was voted against by 100% of Republicans in the House. Now that the house is liberal, they can try but it won't get through the senate.

But specifically, what about healthcare? Preexisting conditions? Republicans already support it. It's still in Obamacare so what are you going to run on that for? What about taxes specifically? What taxes would democrats cut that would benefit the working class? Be specific, not just "taxes and healthcare." WHAT ABOUT taxes and healthcare?

I got a nice tax break from the Trump tax cuts. I'm middle class. I know many people who were helped. To just say "Trumps tax breaks helped the rich" ignores the truth. Under Trump everyone is working who wants to work. People will vote their pocketbooks. Assuming we don't have some huge crash in the next 23 months, I don't see how you'll win. People are working now. They weren't under dems. Trillions of wealth have been added under Trump.

Good luck. Those issues are dead and not something that will get you reelected. They were the reasons you lost in the first place in 2016. You ran on pushing healthcare that nobody wanted and were sent packing.

So please, run on those issues again!!

The Trump tax cuts did help the rich the most. The Republicans' own poll showed people were not very supportive of the tax plan. The rich kept several tax breaks and got a lower rate as well. The fix should be to get rid of the carried interest deduction, the new tax break for real estate trusts and pass-through rates. Also healthcare was the number one issue in the mid-terms and Republicans lost big-time. That is not going away.

Former gov. Randell said as much recently. Let’s not forget Pennsylvania was reapportioned with a democratic template right before the election.2 years is an eternity in politics and it is not inconceivable that the Dems will overplay their hand in investigations and Trump will receive an underdog vote.

It was not. The map was fair to both parties unlike the original map which heavily favored Republicans.

Yep, that's right, the 2018 election spells trouble for Trump in Pennsylvania based on the voting results of votes for the Democrats VS. votes for the Republican.

Here is the break down of votes for Governor, Senator, and the Representatives Republican VS. Democrat.

Governor: Winner Tom Wolf (D)
Democrat votes: 2,852,539 - 57.6% of the vote
Republican votes: 2,022,348 - 40.8% of the vote

Senator: Winner Bob Casey (D)
Democrats votes: 2,747,345 - 55.6% of the vote
Republican votes: 2,116,110 - 42.8% of the vote

Representatives: 9 (D) - 9 (R)
Democrat votes: 2,677,130 - 55.1% of the vote
Republican votes: 2,183,180 - 44.9% of the vote

Despite the split in the wins for Representatives, 9 to 9, overall the Democrats got nearly a half a million more votes than Republicans.

Here is what the 2016 Presidential results were:
Trump: 2,970,733 - 48.17% of the vote
Clinton: 2,926,441 - 47.46%

Trump won Pennsylvania by a mere 44,292 votes.

Based on the results of the voting in 2018, Trump will lose Pennsylvania by between 5 and 10 percentage points. The Democrat challenger will get at least 50%, and Trump won't get above 45%.

With Pennsylvania going Blue in 2020, so will Wisconsin and Michigan since the results in those states were even tighter wins for Trump in 2016. That means the BLUE WALL of 18 democratic states has been restored after the tiny breach in 2016. Those 18 states have 248 ELECTORAL Votes. Democrats will then easily get to 270 with Virginia(13 EVs) and Colorado(9 EVs) which they both beat Trump in last time by 5 percentage points each.

Trump is done! A one term President. He will lose Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan and will not pick up any other states that he lost last time to make up for losing those three states in 2020.

You don’t get PA politics. There has been only one governor who didn’t win a second term since 1854. Only one. Wolf was going to win no matter how piss poor a governor he’s been.

Casey has name recognition even though he’s nothing like his old man. Still that counts.

I’m from there, none of these results were shocking. Trump will easily win re-election in 2020...

Yep, that's right, the 2018 election spells trouble for Trump in Pennsylvania based on the voting results of votes for the Democrats VS. votes for the Republican.

Here is the break down of votes for Governor, Senator, and the Representatives Republican VS. Democrat.

Despite the split in the wins for Representatives, 9 to 9, overall the Democrats got nearly a half a million more votes than Republicans.

Based on the results of the voting in 2018, Trump will lose Pennsylvania by between 5 and 10 percentage points. The Democrat challenger will get at least 50%, and Trump won't get above 45%.

With Pennsylvania going Blue in 2020, so will Wisconsin and Michigan since the results in those states were even tighter wins for Trump in 2016. That means the BLUE WALL of 18 democratic states has been restored after the tiny breach in 2016. Those 18 states have 248 ELECTORAL Votes. Democrats will then easily get to 270 with Virginia(13 EVs) and Colorado(9 EVs) which they both beat Trump in last time by 5 percentage points each.

Trump is done! A one term President. He will lose Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan and will not pick up any other states that he lost last time to make up for losing those three states in 2020.

The Dems have two years to screw up. It won't take them nearly that long to prove that they are incompetent boobs!
What if they replicate Trump's 'well oiled machine'?

Former gov. Randell said as much recently. Let’s not forget Pennsylvania was reapportioned with a democratic template right before the election.2 years is an eternity in politics and it is not inconceivable that the Dems will overplay their hand in investigations and Trump will receive an underdog vote.

It was not. The map was fair to both parties unlike the original map which heavily favored Republicans.
As usual, you make a statement that cannot be backed up by fact. In this article from the New York Times no less, the author states that the courts redistributing is better for them than even they hoped for. The redistricting wholly favored the Dems. You will have to make up something else.

The New Pennsylvania Congressional Map, District by District

Pennsylvania went Republican for the first time since 1988 in 2016,

In mean time, the Commonwealth has elected both Leftards like Casey, Rendell, Specter as well as Americans like Santorum, Corbett, Toomey and Ridge.

I don't think you can say that Trump is doomed in 2020 because of this year's midterm.

So what will the dems run on in 2020? Raising unemployment? Raising taxes? Putting people back on welfare?

By all means, tell me what the dems will run on that will make so many Americans flock in their direction. What is their platform? What is their message? I mean besides "hate Trump no matter what." I think it'll need to be deeper than that to win back the presidency.

Healthcare, National Security, Russia, and the national debt. More than enough there to run on. Plus, they don't need so many Americans to flock in their direction. Just a small number in three states and its OVER for Trump. Remember, Trump lost the popular vote, as an approval rating of 38% this week, and 40% on average these last two years. Most people don't like Trump and will not vote for him. Those are difficult problems for him to overcome in 2020.

Libs are weak as shit on all of those areas. Healthcare? Do you honestly think the people want to go back to Obamacare's ridiculous costs? National Security? The Dems don't know the meanings of those words. Russia? The DEms are closer to the Russian style of government than anything else! National debt? What do they propose? Is doubling it like they did under Hussein too low of a goal? Are they going to go for triple? You can't do healthcare and national debt at the same time unless you intend to bankrupt the country.

I am proud to say I was born and raised in one of those blue wall states. Not any. of the ones you mentioned. My state's electoral votes went to Hillary in 2016. In fact my state's electoral votes haven't gone to a republican in 34 years. I'm very proud of that fact.

I sure hope you're right about all that. America can't take 4 more years of that man.

Seriously? What he do to piss in your cornflakes? Was beating Hillary all that he had to do to earn your ire?

That sort of thinking ignores the reality of the political map, electoral college history, Trumps margins of victory in 2016, and his average approval rating after two years which is only 40%. Unless, Trumps approval rating gets above 46% for a consistent period of time, he does not stand a chance of winning. Presidents don't win re-election when a significant majority of people, outside the margin of error in polls, disapprove of their job performance.

You know approval ratings are polls and we all know how accurate the polls have been the past few years.

I am proud to say I was born and raised in one of those blue wall states. Not any. of the ones you mentioned. My state's electoral votes went to Hillary in 2016. In fact my state's electoral votes have to gone to a republican in 34 years. I'm very proud of that fact.

I sure hope you're right about all that. America can't take 4 more years of that man.

Trust me, he will not be re-elected. I'm a Republican myself, but voted straight Democrat last Tuesday.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978 when I first registered to vote.

I keep waiting for the republicans to present a candidate that doesn't make me run in horror from them but they still haven't.

I've seen republican presidents get progressively worse since Eiesnhower, I was born in his last year of office.

I knew that the next republican president was going to be worse than the bush boy but I had no idea how much worse and how quickly it would happen.

I just hope he doesn't do too much more damage to our nation.

Impeachment and removal is still an option to limit the damage. But then winning the Presidency will be harder in 2020, because whoever the Republicans pick will be better than Trump if he is removed from office.

Removal? You are one funny dude, and looks aren't everything!

The Dems have two years to screw up. It won't take them nearly that long to prove that they are incompetent boobs!

Libs are about 60 points shy in the IQ required to not screw the pooch!

Keep that thought.

Keep that thought.

Don't need to do that! It might as well be chiseled in stone because of the librtards running rampant in the Democrap Party,

Keep that thought.

Don't need to do that! It might as well be chiseled in stone because of the librtards running rampant in the Democrap Party,
I'm glad to hear the GOP is
So stable and populated by the cream of the intellectual elite. Tell me, do those MAGA ball caps come with tassels like mortar boards, or are they only available at the finest truck stops?

Keep that thought.

I'm glad to hear the GOP is
So stable and populated by the cream of the intellectual elite. Tell me, do those MAGA ball caps come with tassels like mortar boards, or are they only available at the finest truck stops?

I have not seen any at the truck stops I frequent, but then again, I am usually looking for the restrooms. That's where you usually find the liberals hanging out, waiting for their next trick!

After the GOP senate and Trump beat the crap out of the House Dem's over the next 2 years Dem's will be no condition to make threats.

No threats, just an election in 2020 after which Mr. Trump will be packing his bags to leave the White House in January 2021.

That's big talk from a party that got its ass beat the past 8 years. What's changed? Oh wait, nothing the Clintons still control your party :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

What changed is Republicans. Trump is in charge of the Republican party and is ruining the Republican brand.

Dozens of Democrats just ran on Trump's policies to get elected. Many promised voters NOT to support Pelosi for speaker. Trump's brand is a winner even for Democrats.

It is also not inconceivable that the investigations will uncover serious issues with the Trump administration and that Trumps blatant attempts to squash the results will blow up in his face

Just like Nixon

You don’t get PA politics. There has been only one governor who didn’t win a second term since 1854. Only one. Wolf was going to win no matter how piss poor a governor he’s been.

Casey has name recognition even though he’s nothing like his old man. Still that counts.

I’m from there, none of these results were shocking. Trump will easily win re-election in 2020...

Pennsylvania is Philadelphia on one side, Pittsburgh on the other and Alabama in between

I am proud to say I was born and raised in one of those blue wall states. Not any. of the ones you mentioned. My state's electoral votes went to Hillary in 2016. In fact my state's electoral votes have to gone to a republican in 34 years. I'm very proud of that fact.

Trust me, he will not be re-elected. I'm a Republican myself, but voted straight Democrat last Tuesday.

I've been a registered Independent since 1978 when I first registered to vote.

I keep waiting for the republicans to present a candidate that doesn't make me run in horror from them but they still haven't.

I've seen republican presidents get progressively worse since Eiesnhower, I was born in his last year of office.

I knew that the next republican president was going to be worse than the bush boy but I had no idea how much worse and how quickly it would happen.

I just hope he doesn't do too much more damage to our nation.

Impeachment and removal is still an option to limit the damage. But then winning the Presidency will be harder in 2020, because whoever the Republicans pick will be better than Trump if he is removed from office.

I don't want trump impeached.

I've gotten what I wanted and I'm sure most of the nation wants. A congress that will impose checks and balances on the president as the constitution requires.

I don't want a president pence to pardon trump. I want trump held to the same legal standards as the rest of us in this nation.

I want democracy to do it's job and he be voted out of office in 2020. Then I want him arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of our laws.

President Trump remains enormously popular in rural Pennsylvania. This can't not be understated. The key to flipping the Commonwealth rests in the suburbs and voter turnout in urban areas.

Most voters don't live in Rural PA. Look at the votes above. The Republicans were not able to get to 45% in ANY of the contest. Its over. It was a fluke that Trump won last time. The Democrats are not going to be wasting money in Florida or Arizona in 2020. They will move it into these Blue wall states to insure a strong victory.

Trump is not going to take Colorado which just elected a Gay governor. Colorado gets more Blue by the day. So does Virginia. Sorry Trump fans, but your man will be leaving the White House in 2 years.
all the GOP needs to do is to move every rental truck out of the state so that 93 thousand ballots can come in after election day.

Forum List

Back