Trump is right we already have too many languages here

I typically agree with you on most things, but that's not an answer.

Is it commonalities? What are those?
Is it morals? I don't think so.
Is it faith? Nope
Language? Nope
Traditions? Nope
Values? Nope

What ideals are you referring to exactly?
The ideal that capitulation, assimilation , diversity and not being able to communicate in the most dominant and historical language are all IDEAS of virtue signaling nation

I typically agree with you on most things, but that's not an answer.

Is it commonalities? What are those?
Is it morals? I don't think so.
Is it faith? Nope
Language? Nope
Traditions? Nope
Values? Nope

What ideals are you referring to exactly?
The principles upon which this great nation was founded. That's what sets America apart from countries where national identity is based on what patch of dirt some great, great, great, great ancestor is buried under.

Go read the Bill of Rights again. After that, start minding your own damn business. People speak whatever language they want to in my country.
Bill of Rights delineates rights of citizens. Not foreign invaders who plopped themselves down illegally

So you believe everyone can speak a different language and live cohesively? ...
Of course. And we have the dominant language - English - when needed. Works pretty well. Always has. That's why just about everyone in America who doesn't speak English as a first language is working on learning it or improving it.

The principles upon which this great nation was founded. That's what sets America apart from countries where national identity is based on what patch of dirt some great, great, great, great ancestor is buried under.

Those principles are not shared by many living here today, and once they have the majority they'll be stomped into the mud.

What k
It's bad enough that too many of them are here and won't speak English. We don't need anymore languages here. Trump is right, it's crazy that we're letting this happen.

---Trump warns of 'languages coming into our country' that 'nobody' has heard of---

What kind of bullshit is that? We need more languages! The more the better!

Of course. And we have the dominant language - English - when needed. Works pretty well. Always has. That's why just about everyone in America who doesn't speak English as a first language is working on learning it or improving it.

What makes you think English will remain the dominant language? Spanish was not the dominant language of South America before the Spaniards arrived, but it sure is now. English wasn't the dominant language of North America, it only became so since it was first settled by the British.

Those principles are not shared by many living here today, and once they have the majority they'll be stomped into the mud.
You should be more worried about the radical leftists who were born here and speak only English.

You should be more worried about the radical leftists who were born here and speak only English.

Oh I am, they're being born and bred that way, or paid a lot to think and spout what they do.

But you didn't like my post about teachers and their propensity to be on the left, it certainly has an impact on how and what our children are taught and believe. As a teacher yourself, I hope you're helping to combat that in your profession. Children are being taught that they shouldn't be proud of their country, that their country is evil and racist. I'm guessing once the lefties take complete control, that notion will completely change. Once they have power, then you better be proud of your country, or else.

What makes you think English will remain the dominant language? ...
Because it is essential to social, economic, civic, and political life in this country. Just about every non-native English speaker within our borders (and countless millions outside them) is working hard to learn or improve their English. Most native-born Americans take maybe two years of Spanish or French in high school. English is, and will remain, the dominant language in this country.

Forum List

Back