Trump lawyer: Mueller improperly obtained transition documents in Russia probe

Once Trump was elected all of his communications became PRIVILEGED under the law.
:lol:
lol.gif
The shear ignorance of the law is stunning... wait... From you idiots its not... Tell me moron, at what point do a presidents communication become privileged as the "executive"? The moment he/she becomes PRESIDENT ELECT and it then becomes effective in retro to the moment he announced his candidacy.

Keep laughing Idiots... Come Monday or Tuesday I see an emergency meeting with the court to throw out everything...

See also DELIBERATIVE PROCESS PRIVILEGE; OFFICIAL RECORDS AND REPORTS
SPEECH OR DEBATE PRIVILEGE; STATE SECRETS

§ 2. The Presidential Privilege
;
The President of the United States has an absolute privilege to refuse disclosure of his communications relating to national security or foreign affairs. Presidential communications on other subjects are presumed privileged, and disclosure will be required in criminal cases only where the information is essential to the trial.{footnote} United States v. Nixon, 417 U.S. 683 (1974).{/footnote} It is unsettled whether disclosure may ever be required in a civil case. The court has wide discretion in how it reviews the information at issue, which will generally be an in camera inspection, and how it balances the need for secrecy with the need for the evidence in the case.{footnote} CHECK United States v. Reynolds, 345 U.S. 1 (1953).{/footnote} It has been held that the privilege extends to communications among presidential advisers when preparing advice for the President.{footnote}In re Sealed Case, 116 F.3d 550 (D.C. Cir. 1997), criticized in Recent Case: Constitutional Law – Executive Privilege – D.C. Circuit Defines Scope of Presidential Communications Privilege, 111 Harv. L. Rev. 861 (1998).{/footnote}
Book marked.
Your wet dream is all over your face...

Once Trump was elected all of his communications became PRIVILEGED under the law.
:lol:
lol.gif
The shear ignorance of the law is stunning... wait... From you idiots its not... Tell me moron, at what point do a presidents communication become privileged as the "executive"? The moment he/she becomes PRESIDENT ELECT and it then becomes effective in retro to the moment he announced his candidacy.

Keep laughing Idiots... Come Monday or Tuesday I see an emergency meeting with the court to throw out everything...
USMB's top 5 blazing idiots calling others idiots. :lol:

You are wrong now, as always. I don't think I've ever read a single post from you in over 10 years where you got something right.

It sure is phunny watching your idiocracy though.
Wow Must a struck a nerve on a DUMBASS... Are you really this IGNORANT of the Law?
Billy, you are the one who is so angry because you cannot prove your points. You make silly comments nothing more. You only emote, never elucidate. You are what you are and that is never going to change. If I were you, I would be angry all the time, too.

The GSA is a government agency. The emails in question were sent through government accounts on government servers. There is no expectation of privacy.

You lose again, rubes

This is the most ridiculous excuse I have come across.

The White House is a government agency. The FBI is a government agency. The Supreme Court is a Government Agency.

What do you suppose would happen if one of these decided to snatch the private and PRIVILEGED communications of one of the others.

I am constantly amazed how complete the Dumb-assery is in the Liberal Bolshevik Democrat World.

Mueller needed to serve a Warrant on the GSA; with a copy to the Trump Transition Team. Justify why he needs the info...give the GSA an chance to show why he doesn't; and even if he is entitled to some--he is never entitled to privileged communications---like those with the lawyers of the Trump Campaign

Dumb-Asses galore.

______
Exactly Right.. They have the right to block the release just as Clinton and Obama did... But were republicans and we are under a different set of laws that do not apply to moron democrats..

USMB's top 5 blazing idiots calling others idiots. :lol:

You are wrong now, as always. I don't think I've ever read a single post from you in over 10 years where you got something right.

It sure is phunny watching your idiocracy though.
Wow Must a struck a nerve on a DUMBASS... Are you really this IGNORANT of the Law?
Billy, you are the one who is so angry because you cannot prove your points. You make silly comments nothing more. You only emote, never elucidate. You are what you are and that is never going to change. If I were you, I would be angry all the time, too.
I backed mine up with legal fact and you back yours up with "because I said so" Fakey Jakey fucked himself again... wipe that drip from your face..

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44
"I was the executive director of Obama's '08 transition. Norm is right.
There is no expectation of privacy in transition emails:
1) they have a .gov address;
2) they were created with govt-supplied equipment; and
3) they sat on govt servers.

This is just whining from Trump team https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/942251047799672832 … 8:50 AM - Dec 17, 2017

Executive privilege does not apply until you are the executive; these documents are from the transition, before Trump became the executive; QED no executive privilege. Grasping at straws here.

The FBI director serve at the pleasure of the President. The President has the authority to fire the FBI director at any time.

Yep. And if he did it to obstruct justice, he can be prosecuted for it. It's not the specific act, it's the motivation.

If you weren't a brain-dead corrupt partisan drooler, you'd understand something that simple. Alas, your Stalinist masters have ordered you to help them destroy American democracy, thus you obey. You'd be banned from bootlicking if you didn't, and you get withdrawal shakes if you don't get your fix of commie shoe leather 6 times a day.

Again, while you Communists love to masturbate to such fantasies, there is no legal nor logical basis for your idiocy, nor that of the gutter media.

{ALAN DERSHOWITZ: No, I don't. And I think if Congress ever were to charge him with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional authority under Article II, we'd have a constitutional crisis. You cannot charge a president with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional power to fire [former FBI Director] James Comey and his Constitutional authority to tell the Justice Department who to investigate, who not to investigate. That's what Thomas Jefferson did, that's what Lincoln did, that's what Roosevelt did.

We have precedents that clearly establish that. When George Bush, the first, pardoned Casper Weinberger in order to end the investigation that would have led to him, nobody suggested obstruction of justice. For obstruction of justice by the president, you need clearly illegal acts. With Nixon, hush money paid. Telling people to lie. Destroying evidence. }

Dershowitz: No Case For Obstruction Of Justice Against Trump, Would Be "Constitutional Crisis"

What the lying fucks over at the NY Times spew is of no concern. The gutter media exists to further the aims of the party, nothing they print has any real meaning.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

This is just whining from Trump team https://twitter.com/NormEisen/status/942251047799672832 … 8:50 AM - Dec 17, 2017

Executive privilege does not apply until you are the executive; these documents are from the transition, before Trump became the executive; QED no executive privilege. Grasping at straws here.
Wrong..

As I posted above, the privilege begins when he became president elect. It required a warrant which they did not get. Game Over

You used a blog post to support your position..

Here is some Case Law: Executive Privilege – D.C. Circuit Defines Scope of Presidential Communications Privilege, 111 Harv. L. Rev. 861 (1998)

Last edited:
Time to put this stupid shit out of its misery.

Mueller should release all evidence of Putin and Trump rigging the election. If there is nothing after a year,the investigation needs to be shut down.

It’s bullshit. Even the talking fuckheads have abandoned the Putin bullshit and moved on to sexual harassment.

Mewler found collusion to rig the election, but it was between Clinton and Putin, so he backed off of that quick. His job is to GET TRUMP through any means. Mewler doesn't give a shit about facts or about collusion, he care about finding or fabricating dirt against Trump.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

As I posted above, the privilege begins when he became president elect. It required a warrant which they did not get. Game Over

Here is some Case Law: Executive Privilege – D.C. Circuit Defines Scope of Presidential Communications Privilege, 111 Harv. L. Rev. 861 (1998)
He wasn't the president, ya fucknut.

And no, the privilege does not begin when he becomes president elect.

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

How do you see the Mueller investigation wrapping up?

When will Trump go to prison and for what specific crimes?

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.
You fail at reading comprehension... He was PRESIDENT ELECT... And that is when it begins...

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.
You fail at reading comprehension... He was PRESIDENT ELECT... And that is when it begins...

Nope! Until they take office, no POTUS candidate or POTUS elect is allowed to speak to any foreign entities for any reason about anything....even if they are a sitting US Senator.

....Prog rules for Trump that didn’t exist for any other Presidential candidate in history.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

None...

Even the pleadings can now be overturned because the evidence they used to question and gain those convictions will be thrown out..

This is a major fuck up! This should kill the whole Mueller investigation dead..

No.

No.

NO.

Fish v Kobash
https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/..._order_compelling_production_of_documents.pdf

"In United States v. Nixon, the Supreme Court recognized “the presumptive confidentiality of
Presidential communications” as a qualified privilege.

This “privilege of confidentiality of Presidential communications derives from the supremacy of the Executive Branch within
its assigned area of constitutional responsibilities.” The Supreme Court stated the privilege
is necessary because a “President and those who assist him must be free to explore
alternatives in the process of shaping policies and making decisions and to do so in a way
many would be unwilling to express except privately.”
Defendant states that, though not acting in his capacity as Kansas Secretary of State,
he presented the photographed document to President-elect Trump as a member of the
“transition team” that “aids the President-elect in preparing policies and assuming his official
duties as President as efficiently as possible.” Defendant asserts communications between
a President-elect and his transition team are entitled to protection because “[a]llowing this
document to be discoverable would jeopardize the right of the President-elect to have
confidential and frank communications within his transition team.”

Defendant’s argument for withholding the photographed document under the
executive privilege is unpersuasive. First, Secretary Kobach’s communication was made to
a president-elect, not to a sitting president.

Although a president-elect by statute and policy
may be accorded security briefings and other transitional prerogatives, he or she has no
constitutional power to make any decisions on behalf of the Executive Branch. No court has
recognized the applicability of the executive privilege to communications made before a
president takes office. If that were the law, it would mean that potentially almost everything
communicated to a president-elect by the hundreds of persons seeking appointments in the
new administration would be shielded by privilege.

In Nixon v. Administrator of General Services, the Supreme Court did recognize that
former presidents may assert privilege over certain communications made during their terms
in office. But the reasoning given by the Court for its decision doesn’t directly translate to
communications with president-elects."

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

Nope! Until they take office, no POTUS candidate or POTUS elect is allowed to speak to any foreign entities for any reason about anything....even if they are a sitting US Senator.

....Prog rules for Trump that didn’t exist for any other Presidential candidate in history.
Incorrect;

The DC Circuit has ruled that Executive Privilege applies to the President Elect and his staff. The President Elect can and should talk with other heads of state during the transition, which is what they did. Every president for the last 100 years and beyond have done this. Obama was making deals long before he was sworn in and now Trump is supposed to act differently?

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

None...

Even the pleadings can now be overturned because the evidence they used to question and gain those convictions will be thrown out..

This is a major fuck up! This should kill the whole Mueller investigation dead..

I’d love to see a jury get a look at the political donations of the investigators and the text messages between the lead investigator and his mistress.

...not to mention Mueller illegally obtaining e-mails.

What a fucking joke.

Reasonable doubt is so easily raised by Mueller’s corrupt team.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

Colonel Anus splats his face in the mud again.

Chris Lu ✔ @ChrisLu44

Wrong..

Wrong ---> you.

As usual, again.

Incorrect;

The DC Circuit has ruled that executive privilege applies to the president elect and his staff. The president Elect can and should talk with other heads of state during the transition, which is what they did. Every president for the lat 100 years and beyond have done this.

I was being facetious.

Progs never whined about this until Trump was elected.

Forum List

Back