Trump Leveraging Ukraine Military Aid For Dirt On Joe Biden

The WSJ has it just a bit more nuanced..which is to say..yeah, Trump put the screws on Ukraine..but No, there was no Quid Pro Quo offered.

sleazy..yeah...illegal...IMO..no.

WSJ News Exclusive | Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son

"President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden’s son, according to people familiar with the matter, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani on a probe that could hamper Mr. Trump’s potential 2020 opponent.
“He told him that he should work with [Mr. Giuliani] on Biden, and that people in Washington wanted to know” if his lawyer’s assertions that Mr. Biden acted improperly as vice president were true, one of the people said. Mr. Giuliani has suggested Mr. Biden’s pressure on Ukraine to fight corruption had to do with an investigation of a gas company for which his son was a director. A Ukrainian official this year said he had no evidence of wrongdoing by Mr. Biden or his son, Hunter Biden.
Mr. Trump in the call didn’t mention a provision of U.S. aid to Ukraine, said this person, who didn’t believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on any investigation."
Yet not a single iota of curiosity as to why the investigation into the crackhead Hunter Biden was deep sixed....

I'm not going to take RT for anything other than what it is..the propaganda arm of Putin.

that being said..it's clear to me that none deals with the Ukrainians or the Russians or anyone in that part of the world without it coming back to haunt them. i hope that some are taking note...and vowing to let the whole area go fuck itself..and not spend one US dollar..no matter the promised return.

The WSJ has it just a bit more nuanced..which is to say..yeah, Trump put the screws on Ukraine..but No, there was no Quid Pro Quo offered.

WSJ News Exclusive | Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Biden’s Son

"President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden’s son, according to people familiar with the matter, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani on a probe that could hamper Mr. Trump’s potential 2020 opponent.
“He told him that he should work with [Mr. Giuliani] on Biden, and that people in Washington wanted to know” if his lawyer’s assertions that Mr. Biden acted improperly as vice president were true, one of the people said. Mr. Giuliani has suggested Mr. Biden’s pressure on Ukraine to fight corruption had to do with an investigation of a gas company for which his son was a director. A Ukrainian official this year said he had no evidence of wrongdoing by Mr. Biden or his son, Hunter Biden.
Mr. Trump in the call didn’t mention a provision of U.S. aid to Ukraine, said this person, who didn’t believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on any investigation."
Yet not a single iota of curiosity as to why the investigation into the crackhead Hunter Biden was deep sixed....

I'm not going to take RT for anything other than what it is..the propaganda arm of Putin.

that being said..it's clear to me that none deals with the Ukrainians or the Russians or anyone in that part of the world without it coming back to haunt them. i hope that some are taking note...and vowing to let the whole area go fuck itself..and not spend one US dollar..no matter the promised return.

How about from the horse's ass himself, sport?

Explain to me again why this was/is a bad thing?

It's looking like Donald Trump asked the Ukrainian president to launch an investigation of Biden's son and Biden himself, in exchange for a bribe.
The plot thickens.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...e33f0a-daf6-11e9-bfb1-849887369476_story.html
With all the Russia bullshit you left wingers have been hyper ventilating about the last three years I suppose my question is...

Why aren’t you looking into creepy joes dealings?

Mass TDS.

There, you done it again. Is there a cabinet position under Rump I am not aware of that coming open due to him being fired, quitting or being indicted that they need filling fast?

upload_2019-9-20_18-33-16.jpeg

Using your political position, along with Murican taxpayer money, in order to strongarm the prosecutor in a foreign nation into spiking the investigation into your son, is cool with you?

Really?

Joe Biden should also be investigated for his role in the FBIgate scandal.
What did he know and when did he know it?

Using your political position, along with Murican taxpayer money, in order to strongarm the prosecutor in a foreign nation spike the investigation into your son, is cool with you?Really?

Depends, its totally okay if the criminal dirt bag is a Democrat.

Using your political position, along with Murican taxpayer money, in order to strongarm the prosecutor in a foreign nation spike the investigation into your son, is cool with you?

Really?

Interesting..i did not hear anything like that at all in the 45 seconds long soundbite by Biden sandwiched between the juvenile commentary. Did he brag about playing hardball with a foreign govt.--yes he did...i did not hear anything else other than thin speculation and nonsense. You have an opinion...great---but..just like those that continue to try to smear Trump with Russia--it remains just that..a series of events all slanted in presentation to present a conclusion--but any forensic examination...finds 90% of all of this shit to be..well...shit.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we should cease using this area for our proxy political battles?

Using your political position, along with Murican taxpayer money, in order to strongarm the prosecutor in a foreign nation spike the investigation into your son, is cool with you?

Really?

Interesting..i did not hear anything like that at all in the 45 seconds long soundbite by Biden sandwiched between the juvenile commentary. Did he brag about playing hardball with a foreign govt.--yes he did...i did not hear anything else other than thin speculation and nonsense. You have an opinion...great---but..just like those that continue to try to smear Trump with Russia--it remains just that..a series of events all slanted in presentation to present a conclusion--but any forensic examination...finds 90% of all of this shit to be..well...shit.

Has it occurred to anyone that maybe we should cease using this area for our proxy political battles?

Whatever....Just go back to sleep.

If there's no dirt then Joe doesn't have anything to worry about. Lets investigate all the top Dems :muahaha:
Gee, i wonder why nobody in the Republican Congress thought of that for 8 years?

Worked on Hillary didn't it. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
Actually dummy, that was the FBI.

Dang this place is a retard magnet.

Really?

Whatever....Just go back to sleep.

Another cogent response from the resident anti-statist...LOL! You do represent your view ably......Bakunin would be proud!

iu

[QU
OmH52, post: 23146464, member: 6882"]I am not sure if this is extortion or blackmail or treason....?

trump proves again that he has no ethics or morals.....NONE!

I'd guess Biden/Obama Administration committed treason but I'm willing to wait for the facts.... :wink_2:

did Obama ask Steele to investigate Russia and Tramp, NO. Do you get upset about tramp enriching himself and his kids enriching themselves-no, and do get upset about Kushner enriching himself =no and do you get upset when Kushner and tramps dtr are in the WH, NO

So your words are null and void-empty.

Well maybe he played a part but the DNC and the Hillary campaign did pay for the phony Steele dossier and the corrupt and Trump spying Obama Administration did have Steele on the payroll from what I've heard so far.

The Steele dossier was ordered initially by a Republican trump political rival....so get off that soap box....
Uh, no, it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

David Corn reported in 2017that a trump rival initially ordered the dossier. Hillary picked it up after the rival stopped payment. The rival was never named.

The Dirty Truth About the Steele Dossier

If there's no dirt then Joe doesn't have anything to worry about. Lets investigate all the top Dems :muahaha:
Gee, i wonder why nobody in the Republican Congress thought of that for 8 years?

Why would they?

The rules have changed since then.

If Biden or anyone else becomes President, they will be under siege from investigations from Day One.

I'm glad that we are getting connections to Ukraine now, so in case it is President Biden in 2021, we will have a good start with the Special Prosecutor. Right now, I think that there is a good cause to initiate an impeachment inquiry into Sleepy Joe on 20 January 2021.

Once again we have Donald Trump inventing imaginary crimes being committed by Democrats. Crimes for which there is no evidence....
Joe Biden publically bragged that he withheld $1B in US aid from Ukraine and gave them 6 hours to fire the prosecutor who was investigating Hunter Biden or he would leave and the wouldn't get the $1B in US Tax Payer money. Before the 6 hours was up, they fired the Prosecutor investigating Hunter Biden.
... This is vastly unlike Donald Trump who obstructs justice in plain sight. And at every turn.
Comey by his own testimony was not conducting a criminal investigation, he opened a counter-intelligence investigation and repeatedly assured Trump that he was NOT under Criminal Investigation.

Dirty Bob Mueller took over Comey's counter-intelligence investigation after Lying Jim Comey was fired.

Trump never obstructed either investigator, and Obstruction statutes do not apply to Counter-Intelligence investigations because they are not designed to build a criminal case, they are designed to inform the President the President.

Do some research, the Fake News Media has run a 3 year scam on you.

This will get you started:

Obstruction law does not apply to counter intelligence investigations. - Google Search
He got him fired.....But not because he was investigating Hunter Biden..you seem to leave that out..why is that?

Guiliani admitted to Chris Cuomo last night on CNN that he talked to the Ukrainians about investigating whether Joe Biden pulled any strings to stop the investigation against his son, Hunter Biden.

The larger question is, did Trump cancel aid to Ukraine because they refused to investigate Joe Biden.

The investigation is against Hunter Biden, not Joe.

And why wouldn't America expect our allies to investigate criminality?

Trump wants an investigation as to whether JOE BIDEN intervened with the government of the Ukraine to end the investigation of Hunter Biden.

Trump cancelled the defence aid to the Ukraine after the President refused to investigate Joe Biden, and then re-instated the aid when Congress got wind of his requests to the Ukraine, but the whistle blower has direct knowledge of the phone call, and Congress should be told too.

If Biden wants to be President, he needs to get used to investigations of both he and his family members, and anyone he has associated with over the years.

Personally, I think Ukraine should investigate the whole family. And if they ask President Trump to extradite them, I think he should. Biden deserves a chance to face justice on these charges, no?

You realize of course that the Ukrainian President is coming to Washington next week, and that the Congress Leaders can meet with him directly and get his version of events. That's precisely WHY Trump reinstated the aid. Failure to give the promised aid to the Ukrainians would have exposed his extortion.

Trump is already trying to gaslight the American public on this story, just like he did with the Russia investigation. The American people do NOT want foreign leaders investigating American political rivals of the sitting American President. There are good and valid reasons why Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government for his own political gain, is an impeachable offence.

Trump is daring Democrats to impeach him. What's really happening is that Trump is just having that bad guy meltdown just before his whole world falls apart.

Wait until he goes for military assistance to the Saudi's. I'm stocking up on popcorn this this dust up.

Trump is solid as a rock.

LOL Trump is a lying sack of shit

The investigation is against Hunter Biden, not Joe.

And why wouldn't America expect our allies to investigate criminality?

Trump wants an investigation as to whether JOE BIDEN intervened with the government of the Ukraine to end the investigation of Hunter Biden.

Trump cancelled the defence aid to the Ukraine after the President refused to investigate Joe Biden, and then re-instated the aid when Congress got wind of his requests to the Ukraine, but the whistle blower has direct knowledge of the phone call, and Congress should be told too.

If Biden wants to be President, he needs to get used to investigations of both he and his family members, and anyone he has associated with over the years.

Personally, I think Ukraine should investigate the whole family. And if they ask President Trump to extradite them, I think he should. Biden deserves a chance to face justice on these charges, no?

You realize of course that the Ukrainian President is coming to Washington next week, and that the Congress Leaders can meet with him directly and get his version of events. That's precisely WHY Trump reinstated the aid. Failure to give the promised aid to the Ukrainians would have exposed his extortion.

Trump is already trying to gaslight the American public on this story, just like he did with the Russia investigation. The American people do NOT want foreign leaders investigating American political rivals of the sitting American President. There are good and valid reasons why Trump attempting to extort the Ukrainian government for his own political gain, is an impeachable offence.

Trump is daring Democrats to impeach him. What's really happening is that Trump is just having that bad guy meltdown just before his whole world falls apart.

Wait until he goes for military assistance to the Saudi's. I'm stocking up on popcorn this this dust up.
Trump is solid as a rock.
LOL Trump is a lying sack of shit
Trump is the President of the United States of America. Hillary is not.

Forum List

Back