Trump Lied?

You really need to read the indictment. What Trump tells you rubes in public is quite different than what he actually believes.
In private, Trump admitted Clinton did nothing wrong. He actually expressed admiration for her.
It's in the indictment. You are being gaslighted, man.
Point being that Hillary deleted subpoenaed emails and got away with it.
"He was great," Trump said, according to the indictment. "He did a great job... He was the one who deleted all of her emails, the 30,000 emails, because they basically dealt with her scheduling and her going to the gym and her having beauty appointments.

Trump didn't delete anything and the Feds want blood. I'll bet that Trump had no "intent" to mishandle those documents.

Point being that Hillary deleted subpoenaed emails and got away with it.
"He was great," Trump said, according to the indictment. "He did a great job... He was the one who deleted all of her emails, the 30,000 emails, because they basically dealt with her scheduling and her going to the gym and her having beauty appointments.

Trump didn't delete anything and the Feds want blood. I'll bet that Trump had no "intent" to mishandle those documents.
This is funny. You claim Hillary deleted the emails and then quote Trump saying she didn't.

Trump did mishandle the documents. There is an audio recording of him showing a Top Secret document to some flacks who have no security clearance or a need to know.

He also stored the documents in an insecure space, including the stage in his ballroom which had over 10,000 visitors during the relevant time period.

And this is Mar-A-Lago which had at least one Chinese agent caught trying to access the premises!

I was looking up the presidential records act and from what I'm reading it looks like the documents are the government's property not his. However, I have a little reading comprehension issues so I could be (and hopefully I am) wrong. I don't know much about legal stuff either I admit. I also wasn't sure if he could testify at his own trial.

If a President takes one of his papers home, it's considered declassified. A wizened judge would throw the foul ball at the Demmies that wre hoping to relieve their TDS by any means possible..

Well even if it isn't legal, what's being done to Biden for doing exactly the same thing that Trump did?
Exactly the same thing? Apparently quantity isn't important.
That Lt John Calley, who killed everyone in a Vietnamese village is the
same as that crazy German guy who killed 6 million jews.

If a President takes one of his papers home, it's considered declassified.
Nope.

Even Trump admitted the document he was showing off to the PR flacks was still classified.

He's on tape, babe. Sorry.

Trump did mishandle the documents. There is an audio recording of him showing a Top Secret document to some flacks who have no security clearance or a need to know. He also stored the documents in an insecure space, including the stage in his ballroom which had over 10,000 visitors during the relevant time period. And this is Mar-A-Lago which had at least one Chinese agent caught trying to access the premises!
1. Hillary and/or her lawyer, deliberately deleted subpoenaed emails.
2. Trump may have thought he declassified those documents, or that they were his personal property.
3. MAL was a secure place, guarded by the Secret Service. The FBI just said add another lock, which Trump did.
4. Chinese? Biden let a spy balloon fly over the US, including top secret sites.

I was looking up the presidential records act and from what I'm reading it looks like the documents are the government's property not his. However, I have a little reading comprehension issues so I could be (and hopefully I am) wrong. I don't know much about legal stuff either I admit. I also wasn't sure if he could testify at his own trial.

Mark Levin thinks President Trump is not only truthful, he's right. You should hear him.

2. Trump may have thought he declassified those documents, or that they were his personal property.
No. Again, he is on tape admitting the document he is showing off is classifed.

For God's sake, will you saps PLEASE read the indictment!

3. MAL was a secure place, guarded by the Secret Service.
Wrong. It is not the Secret Service's job to protect boxes of classified material. They have nothing to do with this.

No. Again, he is on tape admitting the document he is showing off is classified.
For God's sake, will you saps PLEASE read the indictment!
Wrong. It is not the Secret Service's job to protect boxes of classified material. They have nothing to do with this.
OK, we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out in court.

1. Hillary and/or her lawyer, deliberately deleted subpoenaed emails.
3. MAL was a secure place, guarded by the Secret Service. The FBI just said add another lock, which Trump did.
4. Chinese? Biden let a spy balloon fly over the US, including top secret sites.
1) it was actually destroying phones with a hammer, not on the server. FBI found no intentional destruction of evidence.
2) NARA doesnt request personal documents; they only request official items of the executive branch.
3) a russian agent got into mar-a-lago.
4) the DoD managed the balloon, not Biden. It was allowed to fly over for two reasons, they didnt want to shoot it down earlier because of recovery difficulty, and they wanted to observe its activities over the US, and then let it fall over an area that made it easy to recover.

Yes, once the President leaves office, he is obliged to hand over classified documents to the archives. Other documents typically go to his Presidential library. Typically X-Presidents (mainly his staff) are charged with the process of transferring these documents. Separating the classified ones takes some time and all Presidents do this. Trump asked if he could transfer boxes of documents to Mar-A-Lago and was told yes. Soon after, government officials inspected the storage area and told Trump to put an extra lock on the storage area which he did. Shortly after that the FBI raided Mar-A-Lago and claimed to find classified documents there. Normally this would be an issue settled with archives because it's not a crime. Trump let them go through the boxes the first time and cooperated and, as I said, right after that, the FBI raided the same place and also went through Trump's personal spaces like his closets, desks, etc. This is nothing but a desperate, tyrannical Biden administration attempt at trying to find crimes to lock up his political opponent.

A shorter answer: A President can classify and declassify right up to the point of his leaving office. After that the X-President and archives typically work together to decide on where the documents will go. It was NEVER considered a crime to misplace documents due to filing errors. Even if Trump had classified documents, WTF was he going to do with them? Give them to Putin?

By the DOJ. It would be fun to see a state prosecutor bring some charges.
The law says a sitting president (and all federal employees doing their job) has to be prosecuted in federal court.
And the DOJ opinion says a sitting president can't be prosecuted in federal court.

Which was why Trump was untouchable while he was in office.

Forum List

Back