Trump Lied?

I see some signs of life. I've just lived six decades of Republicans not fighting back and it scares me. We're at the point now of our freedom ending. They don't give me a warm fuzzy. But I do hope you're right

:boo_hoo14::CryingCow:

false. only those things that are personal items & papers. otherwise they belong to the national archives or the DOD & homeland security.
The president decides which items are personal, not some bureaucrat from the National Archives.

I was looking up the presidential records act and from what I'm reading it looks like the documents are the government's property not his. However, I have a little reading comprehension issues so I could be (and hopefully I am) wrong. I don't know much about legal stuff either I admit. I also wasn't sure if he could testify at his own trial.

Of course trump lied , his whole life is one big lie after another. That's what con artists do.

The president decides which items are personal, not some bureaucrat from the National Archives.

read

very

sloooooooooooooooowly........

Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Presidential Records and the Presidential Records Act​

Media Alert ·Friday, June 9, 2023​

How are documents in the White House determined to be an official Presidential record or a personal record?

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) defines what constitutes “Presidential records” and what are “personal records.” 44 U.S.C. 2201. Personal records include “diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business.”

The PRA also requires that all documentary materials “be categorized as Presidential records or personal records upon their creation or receipt and be filed separately.” 44 U.S.C. 2203(b). The President does not have discretion to categorize a Presidential record as a personal record.
Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Presidential Records and the Presidential Records Act.

read

very

sloooooooooooooooowly........

Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Presidential Records and the Presidential Records Act​

Media Alert ·Friday, June 9, 2023​

How are documents in the White House determined to be an official Presidential record or a personal record?

The Presidential Records Act (PRA) defines what constitutes “Presidential records” and what are “personal records.” 44 U.S.C. 2201. Personal records include “diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business.”

The PRA also requires that all documentary materials “be categorized as Presidential records or personal records upon their creation or receipt and be filed separately.” 44 U.S.C. 2203(b). The President does not have discretion to categorize a Presidential record as a personal record.
Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Presidential Records and the Presidential Records Act.
That's real sweet.............He hasn't been charged under the PRA.

It does not state that at all.

The documents are kept in storage where the presidents decide. That is how they got to Mar Lago. From there, the go to another place of the presidents choosing.

The presidential library

You're wrong. The national archives owns all documents.

You're wrong. The national archives owns all documents.
Owns vs possess are two very different things. Read the laws in regards to the archivist. It explicitly states that property will be purchased, director appointed, and the presidential documents will be placed in a library.

The government owns the documents, the government being me, the people. Where they are kept is never a central warehouse.

That's real sweet.............He hasn't been charged under the PRA.

but has been charged under the espionage act.

31 times.

1695329425827.jpeg

Forum List

Back