Trump Lied?

Well, it has been well established that Trump is lying to the rubes. As a long time slick city grifter, he knows the country bumpkins who are his bulwark supporters will never read the indictments, and so he is free to lie at will. Bigly.

The PRA states quite plainly that upon leaving office, all presidential records immediately become the property of the National Archives. They are not the personal property of the former president to do with as he wishes.

The rubes can argue to the contrary all they like, and they do because they have not read the PRA or the indictment. So they are arguing from a place of willful ignorance. This is precisely what the evil motherfucker who steals from cancer kids depends on.
A judge ruled that the President decides what records are personal, and no one else.

You clearly have not read the PRA, or else you have a very amusing definition for the word "silent".

3) The term "personal records" means all documentary materials, or any reasonably segregable portion thereof, of a purely private or nonpublic character which do not relate to or have an effect upon the carrying out of the constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President. Such term includes--

(A) diaries, journals, or other personal notes serving as the functional equivalent of a diary or journal which are not prepared or utilized for, or circulated or communicated in the course of, transacting Government business;

(B) materials relating to private political associations, and having no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President; and

(C) materials relating exclusively to the President’s own election to the office of the Presidency; and materials directly relating to the election of a particular individual or individuals to Federal, State, or local office, which have no relation to or direct effect upon the carrying out of constitutional, statutory, or other official or ceremonial duties of the President.

In other words, classified documents about war plans for the invasion of Iran are not "personal records".

Dipshit.
You’re retarded. I did read it. That’s how I know. The law can define it but it doesn’t say who makes the determination — which is what I aid, you fucking twit.

I remain right. You remain wrong. So, situation unchanged. 👍

I never believed (or wanted to believe) that he was a liar either and I do remember Trump saying that he declassified some documents before he left office, but my main worry is what's actually written there doesn't go into specific details like that and it can be used against him in court. Especially when he told his interviewer to read it. Also, I repeat what is going to be done to Biden about having documents that he supposedly shouldn't have?
The tape you reference where he told some author about a document he was apparently holding at that moment is an unclear. He was either holding a still classified document OR he was holding an article about it. The reference to “this” could as easily refer to the news report.

That tape is audio, not video. So, it doesn’t support the whining speculative claims of the never Trumptards.

You’re retarded. I did read it. That’s how I know. The law can define it but it doesn’t say who makes the determination — which is what I aid, you fucking twit.

The judge Amy Berman said who makes the decision: the President.

Well, it has been well established that Trump is lying to the rubes. As a long time slick city grifter, he knows the country bumpkins who are his bulwark supporters will never read the indictments, and so he is free to lie at will. Bigly.

The PRA states quite plainly that upon leaving office, all presidential records immediately become the property of the National Archives. They are not the personal property of the former president to do with as he wishes.

The rubes can argue to the contrary all they like, and they do because they have not read the PRA or the indictment. So they are arguing from a place of willful ignorance. This is precisely what the evil motherfucker who steals from cancer kids depends on.
so much emotion you have, it is clear, why, you can not comprehend the PRA, you are too angry, all that propaganda you are addicted too, is taking a toll on you

Yes, records of presidents become the property of the government, and just like federal buildings being everywhere across the USA, so are the depositories of the presidents documents.

Chicago to Simi Valley, to Mar-a-Lago, we have or could find depositories of presidential documents. All owned by the Federal Government.

A judge ruled that the President decides what records are personal, and no one else.
No, the judge ruled that the decision of whether or not the tapes were personal records or presidential records was up to the Archivist . And the Archivist made the determination the tapes were personal records. End of story.

On November 2, 2009, plaintiff appealed the determination that the tapes were not Presidential records on the grounds that the tapes “clearly relate to or have effect upon the official duties of President Clinton.” Ex 3. to Def.’s Mot. to Dismiss; Compl. ¶ 14. NARA denied the appeal on March 16, 2010. Ex. 4 to Def.’s Mot. to Dismiss. In a letter to plaintiff from Adrienne C. Thomas, Deputy Archivist of the United States, NARA provided the following explanation:

In response to your appeal, first, and most importantly, the Taylor Branch audiotapes are not and have never been physically located at the Clinton Library or at any other NARA facility, and thus your FOIA request is premised on a faulty assumption that these materials are somehow within the present custody of the National Archives – which they are not.

The letter went on to say:

To the extent, however, that your FOIA appeal can be read as requesting that the National Archives should make a further determination that the materials in question ought to be considered “presidential records” within the meaning of the PRA, we decline to do so. In making a decision on this matter I have to consider the nature of the audio tapes, if they were created with the intent of their use as government materials, and whether or not they were circulated within the Administration or relied on as policy documents. On the facts made available tome, I do not believe the materials in question fall within the ambit of the PRA.

For these reasons, I am of the opinion that the audio tapes created by Taylor Branch are personal records of President Clinton as defined by the PRA.

Interview tapes are radically different from the Top Secret documents Trump stole. They are clearly presidential records. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I think we can both agree that the law clearly states that a classified government document is NOT a personal document.

What I have is a matter of record. Comey lied to Congress. Clinton knowingly destroyed evidence. Those are facts.
They’re not. They’re baseless claims by an internet troll.

You can say whatever you want, but you’ll never be able to back it up with facts.

Forum List

Back