🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump mental health disaster

1. President Donald Trump deflected the blame for the massacres away from firearm access, saying, “Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.”

2.Trump has taken repeated action during his presidency to restrict Americans’ access to health care, including mental health care.

Trump Blames Shootings on Mental Illness. But He’s Spent the Past 2 Years Trying to Cut Access to Health Coverage.

4.The Trump administration has worked to roll back the ACA and insurance regulation, moving in the direction of less coverage of mental health, not more.

The Obama rule that Trump nullified had added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had that rule taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added 75,000 names to the national background check database.
Yeah, and if Obama hadn't fucked with the school system about profiling, those in Broward County would still be alive. Amazing how those on the left, deny the fact that over this last weekend 7 people died in Chicago and another 39 were injured. Why dont we hear about those? Because it is black on black, and doesnt fit the liberal narrative. Thanks for playing. There is a cancer in the world, it is called Liberalism, and until it is removed from society, it will continue to kill people.

At least 46 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, including seven who were killed

I wish I could stress even more than I do what an utter wasteland our schools are right now on discipline. Absolutely it is partially our fault. And absolutely we have "caved" to the culture-at-large, where permissive parenting and distrust of all school personnel really make all the decisions.

You don't really want to know how many Nikolas Cruz types are in the pipelines, getting passed around from school to school, referral to referral, program to program.

No one wants to think about that--believe me
I totally agree with your problem of schools. Back in the day, God was respected in schools by a prayer to God, not any specific one, but we were also taught that if you did wrong you would have to pay for your actions in Hell. Today, they dont teach right from wrong, or good vs evil, they teach 50 shades of grey.

It's an old saw but actually true too: if I would have been in trouble at school it wouldn't have come CLOSE to what I rec'd at home. Whatever the teacher doled out, my parents would have matched--at least. They didn't even love all my teachers but that did not matter. My job was to learn and obey.

Those days are gone. Now, many times, if the child gets in trouble guess who is called on the carpet? The teacher. That is not to say teachers are perfect (we're not) but many times there's no quarter given. Parents do not understand or appreciate the long-term damage this does. As a teacher I'm not bothered by this for the pain it is FOR ME--whatever, I've been doing this a long time, I can deal with it.

It is horrible for our SOCIETY. And we see it now all around us.

I know for a fact, that crazy people were let out under Carter, because next thing you knew, during holloween kids started having razor blades and needles in their candy. Since then, we have seen more and more, show up and half of Congress is bat shit crazy, most wore white in the President Address.

Yes, if not for Carter, batshit crazy loons like you would have been locked up for years.

1. President Donald Trump deflected the blame for the massacres away from firearm access, saying, “Mental illness and hatred pulls the trigger, not the gun.”

2.Trump has taken repeated action during his presidency to restrict Americans’ access to health care, including mental health care.

Trump Blames Shootings on Mental Illness. But He’s Spent the Past 2 Years Trying to Cut Access to Health Coverage.

4.The Trump administration has worked to roll back the ACA and insurance regulation, moving in the direction of less coverage of mental health, not more.

The Obama rule that Trump nullified had added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their financial affairs to the national background check database.

Had that rule taken effect, the Obama administration predicted it would have added 75,000 names to the national background check database.
Yeah, and if Obama hadn't fucked with the school system about profiling, those in Broward County would still be alive. Amazing how those on the left, deny the fact that over this last weekend 7 people died in Chicago and another 39 were injured. Why dont we hear about those? Because it is black on black, and doesnt fit the liberal narrative. Thanks for playing. There is a cancer in the world, it is called Liberalism, and until it is removed from society, it will continue to kill people.

At least 46 people were shot in Chicago over the weekend, including seven who were killed

I wish I could stress even more than I do what an utter wasteland our schools are right now on discipline. Absolutely it is partially our fault. And absolutely we have "caved" to the culture-at-large, where permissive parenting and distrust of all school personnel really make all the decisions.

You don't really want to know how many Nikolas Cruz types are in the pipelines, getting passed around from school to school, referral to referral, program to program.

I totally agree with your problem of schools. Back in the day, God was respected in schools by a prayer to God, not any specific one, but we were also taught that if you did wrong you would have to pay for your actions in Hell. Today, they dont teach right from wrong, or good vs evil, they teach 50 shades of grey.

It's an old saw but actually true too: if I would have been in trouble at school it wouldn't have come CLOSE to what I rec'd at home. Whatever the teacher doled out, my parents would have matched--at least. They didn't even love all my teachers but that did not matter. My job was to learn and obey.

Those days are gone. Now, many times, if the child gets in trouble guess who is called on the carpet? The teacher. That is not to say teachers are perfect (we're not) but many times there's no quarter given. Parents do not understand or appreciate the long-term damage this does. As a teacher I'm not bothered by this for the pain it is FOR ME--whatever, I've been doing this a long time, I can deal with it.

You’re a teacher? You don’t even write proper sentences. Your grammar and syntax suggest English is your second language.

Speaking of mental illness.....

Mental illness is a component if getting access to weapons....

The 1st shooter was micked out of school for ha ing a rape / kill hit list
- ding, ding, ding: the sirens went off, the n
Ball was dropped. The school washed their hands of him...he was allowed to buy his. The system failed.

Trump denounced white supremacy...again...called for flags to be lowered at half staff...called for more focus on mental health ... called for action against our violent gun culture glamorized and normalized in movies and video games....

Meanwhile Democrats raced each other to microphones to engage in profanity-laced, hypocritical, deranged false narrative attacks and accusations against the President....

....then immediately began FUND RAISING off of the dead bodies before they were moved from the crime scene....
-- Anyone know how much BLOOD MONEY the DNC, Warren, Harris, & Bernie were able to collect? If they had an ounce of decency they would donate that money to the victims and their families!

:wtf:

BTW...HAS WARREN DENOUNCED HER SATAN-WORSHIPPING ANTIFA MASS KILLING SUPPORTER YET?

WHY NOT?!

BOOKER SAID SILENCE IS SUPPORT...OR DOES THAT ONLY APPLY TO THOSE WHO DO NOT SUPPORT THEIR IDEOLOGY / AGENDA?

You’re a teacher? You don’t even write proper sentences. Your grammar and syntax suggest English is your second language.

Sweetheart, message boards are informal writing, somewhere between texting and formal writing. Please. I was not an English major but rest assured I did very well in all my language arts classes.

Leftist go for personal attacks, btw, because they are losing in every single other venue and area of politics.

Speaking of mental illness.....

Mental illness is a component if getting access to weapons....

The 1st shooter was micked out of school for ha ing a rape / kill hit list
- ding, ding, ding: the sirens went off, the n
Ball was dropped. The school washed their hands of him...he was allowed to buy his. The system failed.

Trump denounced white supremacy...again...called for flags to be lowered at half staff...called for more focus on mental health ... called for action against our violent gun culture glamorized and normalized in movies and video games....

Meanwhile Democrats raced each other to microphones to engage in profanity-laced, hypocritical, deranged false narrative attacks and accusations against the President....

....then immediately began FUND RAISING off of the dead bodies before they were moved from the crime scene....
-- Anyone know how much BLOOD MONEY the DNC, Warren, Harris, & Bernie were able to collect? If they had an ounce of decency they would donate that money to the victims and their families!

:wtf:

BTW...HAS WARREN DENOUNCED HER SATAN-WORSHIPPING ANTIFA MASS KILLING SUPPORTER YET?

WHY NOT?!

BOOKER SAID SILENCE IS SUPPORT...OR DOES THAT ONLY APPLY TO THOSE WHO DO NOT SUPPORT THEIR IDEOLOGY / AGENDA?

Many, many assaults committed at school are not reported. Many, because students are labeled Special Ed. Those diagnoses can range from learning disabilities to severe behavioral disorders.

This has to end, now. We have to start reporting assaults, not for the punitive damage on kids but for at least the law enforcement paper trail.

I once sat beside a quiet new troop. As we chatted I noticed he was sketching on a large pad. His talent was amazing...what he was drawing was disturbing. I asked if I could see his sketches - he handed me the pad. Long story short, by that evening he was in a hospital room without his belt and shoe laces, getting help. In his dorm room were more violent drawings, a diary in which he was calling out for help, and several weapons.

It doesn't take a lot of effort to interact, reach out to someone, and notify the right people if you suspect something bad.

This school kicked him out and decided to let him be someone else's problem.

“Trump Blames Shootings on Mental Illness. But He’s Spent the Past 2 Years Trying to Cut Access to Health Coverage.”

Conservatives can’t have it both ways.

They can’t blame ‘mental illness’ for gun violence yet deny citizens access to affordable mental healthcare.
You guys are such retards.. Mentally ill people dont need affordable healthcare they need a place that keeps them from harming themselves and others. Get rid of the 33 million people who arent supposed to be here, take that money and create those safe places for the crazies, and the problem is solved.

Up to 33 million now. 40 million next month?

Sweetheart, message boards are informal writing, somewhere between texting and formal writing. Please. I was not an English major but rest assured I did very well in all my language arts classes.

Leftist go for personal attacks, btw, because they are losing in every single other venue and area of politics.

Calling out liars and lies isn’t a “personal attack”. You brought up the idea that you’re a teacher.

You’re not writing “casually” either. Grammar and sentence structure aren’t things you “put on” for formal discussions and abandon everything you’ve been taught in casual conversation.

I know for a fact, that crazy people were let out under Carter, because next thing you knew, during holloween kids started having razor blades and needles in their candy. Since then, we have seen more and more, show up and half of Congress is bat shit crazy, most wore white in the President Address.

The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) is the statute that repealed President Carter’s Mental Health Systems Act which was supposed to continue federal funding for mental health programs. Reagan gave the appearance of making a consequentialist ethical decision because he presented his repeal of OBRA as an action that would best serve American society and do more good than harm as a result. The OBRA gave mental patients a choice to seek treatment outside of a mental institution, an option to seek treatment at clinics at the state level, and the freedom to administer their own medication (PSY533, 2017) (Pan, 2013). However, Reagan was hasty in taking unsound advice to repeal OBRA because his real motive was to cut the federal budget (Roberts, 2013). He was a leader who “never exhibited any interest in the need for research or better treatment for serious mental illness” (Torrey, 2017).

U01: Ronald Reagan and the Federal Deinstitutionalization of Mentally Ill Patients | PSY 833: Ethics and Leadership (Wheeler)

Jesus H.
When Carter allowed people to walk free amongst US, then there were empty beds in the crazy hospitals, so why keep them open and waste money? You know pay for something that isnt needed, which you Dimwitocraps have no problem doing. So he closed the insane asylums and now in the last presidents admin put the Dept of Homeland Security HQ in the crazy persons building in Washington DC. Quite appropriate for a government agency.

St. Elizabeths DHS consolidation plan: Where do we go from here? | Federal News Network
Sitting at a plywood desk in what would become his successors’ personal office, former Homeland Security Department Secretary Jeh Johnson uncovered a secret: the future DHS headquarters at the St. Elizabeths Hospital Campus in Southeast Washington was the perfect place to take in the nation’s capital.

St. Elizabeths Hospital - Wikipedia
St. Elizabeths Hospital is a psychiatric hospital in Southeast Washington, D.C. It opened in 1855 as the first federally operated psychiatric hospital in the United States. Housing over 8,000 patients at its peak in the 1950s, the hospital had a fully functioning medical-surgical unit, a school of nursing, accredited internships and psychiatric residencies.[4] Its campus was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1990.[3]
A crazy person always wants the security they need, and this move by Obama's head of the DOH proves it. Liberalism is a mental illness.
LOLOL

And yet, you're the crazy person who actually has that completely backwards. It was Carter who signed the Mental Health Systems Act of 1980 into law, provided federal funds for such asylums. And it was Reagan who repealed most of it.

The sad fact is we will never be able to stop these nut jobs...

The best we can hope for is for friends or family members to

report any signs that one of these nut jobs might go off...

Even then the way the laws exist, they are likely not to be stopped.

More gun laws will only effect the law abiding.

There is no doubt that one of the lefts main goals is to disarm the American people.

Out of my cold dead hands.........
That's true, we can't stop them. But we can try to make it more difficult for them to kill so many people so quickly. Such as the states that banned large capacity magazines.

There is no doubt that one of the lefts main goals is to disarm the American people.

That's true, we can't stop them. But we can try to make it more difficult for them to kill so many people so quickly. Such as the states that banned large capacity magazines.

It's really not a huge hassle to carry many smaller capacity ones.

I don't understand the idea of thinking we solved anything because 20 people were killed as opposed to 23.

The idea should be to intervene before it gets that far.

I don't understand the idea of thinking we solved anything because 20 people were killed as opposed to 23.

Potentially saving 3 lives isn't worth it?? I don't understand that logic?

Yes you do.

Yes you do.
No, I don't. To me, saving 3 lives makes it worth the effort. Would it be worth the effort to you if one of those three lives saved is yours?

Yes you do.
No, I don't. To me, saving 3 lives makes it worth the effort. Would it be worth the effort to you if one of those three lives saved is yours?

No, it really wouldn't because I would know that those left behind still can not fully access the better option.

Addressing the growing mental health problem.

The goal should not be saving three. The goal should be I saving 23. We don't even have any idea whether or not any restrictions would save even one.

We do know that if we can intervene before the act, all would live.

Nonsense-no money for mental illness-we are now PAYING people to be good? Let them work to eat-they will be too busy to cause trouble.

Regarding mental disorder cause for these horrific events, what is the solution to keep weapons out of the hands of folks like Dayton shooter Connor Betts, who was known to have created a hit list which got him expelled from high school?

Regarding mental disorder cause for these horrific events, what is the solution to keep weapons out of the hands of folks like Dayton shooter Connor Betts, who was known to have created a hit list which got him expelled from high school?

That's the discussion we need to be having. Newer news is he was still harboring these feelings. There is never going to be a time where people can't get guns. What we need to be working towards is stopping people before the need to kill gets out of hand.

Yes you do.

No, it really wouldn't because I would know that those left behind still can not fully access the better option.

Addressing the growing mental health problem.

The goal should not be saving three. The goal should be I saving 23. We don't even have any idea whether or not any restrictions would save even one.

We do know that if we can intervene before the act, all would live.
I never said limiting magazine capacity is the only action we should take. The more steps we take, the more lives we can potentially save. I just don't understand the logic that we should ignore some steps if it means we might only save a few lives.

Forum List

Back