Trump needs to come out and FORCEFULLY rebuke this violence targeted at Latinos

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
He is the leader of ALL Americans and we are witnessing mass shootings based on ethnicity.
It is apparent to me that we are seeing a new trend of violence based on hate and it would be wise for him to get ahead of it.
This is no different than when we demanded Obama get behind the police and condemn the violence against them when they were the targets.

You can express your hatred for others with your voice and be protected by the first amendment but that protection does not extend to acts of violence.

Trump also needs to address the gun violence that is not ethnically charged.

I don't pretend to believe that he can "fix" any of these problems but if he wants to get ahead of the media and the left he has no choice. Maybe put together a comission to look into the details of all recent mass shootings and try to find the common denominators. Then see what if anything can be done based on those findings.

Bottom line I want to see some kind of action beyond prayers and demands to ban guns.

He is the leader of ALL Americans and we are witnessing mass shootings based on ethnicity.
It is apparent to me that we are seeing a new trend of violence based on hate and it would be wise for him to get ahead of it.
This is no different than when we demanded Obama get behind the police and condemn the violence against them when they were the targets.

You can express your hatred for others with your voice and be protected by the first amendment but that protection does not extend to acts of violence.

I don't pretend to believe that he can "fix" any of these problems but if he wants to get ahead of the media and the left he has no choice. Maybe put together a comission to look into the details of all recent mass shootings and try to find the common denominators. Then see what if anything can be done based on those findings.

Bottom line I want to see some kind of action beyond prayers and demands to ban guns.
In all seriousness, I just don't think he has it in him. And he'd also have to walk a fine line between a powerful condemnation and annoying his base.

You never know, but I doubt it. Maybe if his staff convinces him and writes his comments.

Is everyone such a pussy that they need POTUS to come out and make a speech?

The law rebukes the violence.

Why is their no call for POTUS to rebuke violence as Mexicans commit violent crimes at rates only challenged by blacks (no one out does the blacks)?

Seems your wish is granted

President Trump condemns 'hateful act' of El Paso shooting - CNNPolitics

In all seriousness, I just don't think he has it in him. And he'd also have to walk a fine line between a powerful condemnation and annoying his base.

You never know, but I doubt it. Maybe if his staff convinces him and writes his comments.

Trump's base does not support mass murder or violence directed at latinos.

It is hateful of you to claim they do.

Why is their no call for POTUS to rebuke violence as Mexicans commit violent crimes at rates only challenged by blacks (no one out does the blacks)?
Just as Trump won’t rebuke violence targeted at Hispanics, Trump won’t rebuke the rightwing racism and hate exhibited in this post.

Seems your wish is granted

President Trump condemns 'hateful act' of El Paso shooting - CNNPolitics
Twitter?

A Tweet is not the avenue he should be using.

I can't control your perceptions of my words.

I thought that was a strange statement.

Having supporters who may be criminals, racists or evil does not equal them being your base.

Just as Trump won’t rebuke violence targeted at Hispanics, Trump won’t rebuke the rightwing racism and hate exhibited in this post.

Except that he is on record doing so repeatedly, and you libs just lie about it.

You are scum.

Why are you trying to tear this nation apart?

But he did

You stated that a powerful condemnation of violence targeting latinos, would potentially annoy his base.

My perception of that, was that you were implying that Trump's base supports mass murder or violence directed at latinos.

Otherwise, why would a condemnation of that, "annoy" his base?

This is a simple question. A serious question Please answer it.

Politicians have a responsibility to moderate their language and behaviour.
There are so many crazies out there who seem to be triggered by hate speech and the body count is growing.

I thought that was a strange statement.

Having supporters who may be criminals, racists or evil does not equal them being your base.

It seems to be a vicious and vile smear aimed at tens of millions, of good people.

But he did

Libs know that. They just choose to lie, in order to tear this nation apart.

You stated that a powerful condemnation of violence targeting latinos, would potentially annoy his base.

My perception of that, was that you were implying that Trump's base supports mass murder or violence directed at latinos.

Sure, two reasons.

First, any comprehensive examination and/or discussion of this issue will inevitably involve a conversation about gun control, and his base doesn't want to go there.

Second, as we see in threads on this board this morning, his fans are very sensitive about points the shooter made in his manifesto, some of which sound like an episode of talk radio ("invaders") or read like many posts you see on USMB on any given day from Trump supporters.

I'm guess you won't be thrilled with my answers. There is nothing I can do about that.

Last edited:

Sure, two reasons.

First, any comprehensive examination and/or discussion of this issue will involve a conversation about gun control, and his base doesn't want to go there.

Second, as we see in threads on this board this morning, his fans are very sensitive about points the shooter made in his manifesto, some of which sound like an episode of talk radio ("invaders") or read like many posts you see on USMB from Trump supporters.

I'm guess you won't be thrilled with my answers. There is nothing I can do about that.

I think you are wrong on both counts, BUT, my response is, in an atmosphere where so many people on your side of the aisle are seriously and constantly accusing Trump supporters of being Evul Racists, that it should have been obvious to you how your statement would have been seen.

You are purposefully setting up situations to give you the feedback you want.

You are allowing challenges to your world view, to get you to double down and become more rigid and more isolated.

To avoid learning.

Sure, two reasons.

First, any comprehensive examination and/or discussion of this issue will involve a conversation about gun control, and his base doesn't want to go there.

Second, as we see in threads on this board this morning, his fans are very sensitive about points the shooter made in his manifesto, some of which sound like an episode of talk radio ("invaders") or read like many posts you see on USMB from Trump supporters.

I think you are wrong on both counts, BUT, my response is, in an atmosphere where so many people on your side of the aisle are seriously and constantly accusing Trump supporters of being Evul Racists, that it should have been obvious to you how your statement would have been seen.

You are allowing challenges to your world view, to get you to double down and become more rigid and more isolated.

To avoid learning.
Well, I do enjoy irony.

Sure, two reasons.

To avoid learning.
Well, I do enjoy irony.

Being snarky is a great defense. BUt you don't want to end up like Rightwinger.

I see it happening to you.

Forum List

Back