Trump needs to come out and FORCEFULLY rebuke this violence targeted at Latinos

Communication is communication.

How many times will you move the goal post?
How many citizens follow Trump on Twitter? I support Trump and I don't use Twitter.
This is a major problem America is facing and deserves more than a 120 word blurb in cyberspace.

He'll say it at some point. And the media will either not report it, or lie about what he said.

Like they did with Charlottesville.
Personally I think he should address the nation directly. In his presidential address he can outline his plan to investigate the underlying issues.

Show EVERYONE that he is engaged and is concerned so the media and the left can not pretend otherwise without looking foolish.

What underlying issues?
Depends on the shooting but the top two would be mental health and unbridled hatred.
How did all the shooters get their guns. Did they all leave a digital footprint? Etc

Sweeping theses incidents under the rug is not a solution

If the topic is not "Racism" the leftist media will go into a frenzy attacking him for dodging.

IF it is, the leftist media will attack him for it somehow anyways.

How many citizens follow Trump on Twitter? I support Trump and I don't use Twitter.
This is a major problem America is facing and deserves more than a 120 word blurb in cyberspace.

He'll say it at some point. And the media will either not report it, or lie about what he said.

Personally I think he should address the nation directly. In his presidential address he can outline his plan to investigate the underlying issues.

Show EVERYONE that he is engaged and is concerned so the media and the left can not pretend otherwise without looking foolish.

What underlying issues?
Depends on the shooting but the top two would be mental health and unbridled hatred.
How did all the shooters get their guns. Did they all leave a digital footprint? Etc

No one swept it under the rug
Never said anyone did. What I said was that is our history.

READ

He is the leader of ALL Americans and we are witnessing mass shootings based on ethnicity.
It is apparent to me that we are seeing a new trend of violence based on hate and it would be wise for him to get ahead of it.
This is no different than when we demanded Obama get behind the police and condemn the violence against them when they were the targets.

You can express your hatred for others with your voice and be protected by the first amendment but that protection does not extend to acts of violence.

Trump also needs to address the gun violence that is not ethnically charged.

I don't pretend to believe that he can "fix" any of these problems but if he wants to get ahead of the media and the left he has no choice. Maybe put together a comission to look into the details of all recent mass shootings and try to find the common denominators. Then see what if anything can be done based on those findings.

Bottom line I want to see some kind of action beyond prayers and demands to ban guns.
In all seriousness, I just don't think he has it in him. And he'd also have to walk a fine line between a powerful condemnation and annoying his base.

You never know, but I doubt it. Maybe if his staff convinces him and writes his comments.

Trump's base does not support mass murder or violence directed at latinos.

It is hateful of you to claim they do.

Some sure as hell do. Some right here on THIS board do. I know you've seen them.

What underlying issues?

If the topic is not "Racism" the leftist media will go into a frenzy attacking him for dodging.

IF it is, the leftist media will attack him for it somehow anyways.
No doubt but a good leader will plow through such ignorance

Every time someone blames Trump for these shootings, an angel gets its wings.....

He is the leader of ALL Americans and we are witnessing mass shootings based on ethnicity.
It is apparent to me that we are seeing a new trend of violence based on hate and it would be wise for him to get ahead of it.
This is no different than when we demanded Obama get behind the police and condemn the violence against them when they were the targets.

You can express your hatred for others with your voice and be protected by the first amendment but that protection does not extend to acts of violence.

I don't pretend to believe that he can "fix" any of these problems but if he wants to get ahead of the media and the left he has no choice. Maybe put together a comission to look into the details of all recent mass shootings and try to find the common denominators. Then see what if anything can be done based on those findings.

Bottom line I want to see some kind of action beyond prayers and demands to ban guns.
Seems your wish is granted

President Trump condemns 'hateful act' of El Paso shooting - CNNPolitics
Twitter?

A Tweet is not the avenue he should be using.

I do not use it either but I think it is clear that most of the country does.

He reached out to more people quicker and more efficiently than holding a press conference would have done

No, most of the country does not.

Pew: US adult Twitter users tend to be younger, more Democratic; 10% create 80% of tweets – TechCrunch

Pew says only around 22 percent of American adults today use Twitter, and they are representative of the broader population in some ways, but not in others. For starters, Twitter's U.S. adult users tend to be younger.

In all seriousness, I just don't think he has it in him. And he'd also have to walk a fine line between a powerful condemnation and annoying his base.

You never know, but I doubt it. Maybe if his staff convinces him and writes his comments.

Some sure as hell do. Some right here on THIS board do. I know you've seen them.
There are nuts on both extremes.
Not to change the subject but a good example would be Bill Mahr HOPING the economy crashes. Is he an example of your base?

Nuts need to be marginalized no matter which side of the tree they fell from.

Random voices on the internet because they are completely isolated in society.

Not any significant portion of the base.

Twitter?

He reached out to more people quicker and more efficiently than holding a press conference would have done

Pew: US adult Twitter users tend to be younger, more Democratic; 10% create 80% of tweets – TechCrunch

Pew says only around 22 percent of American adults today use Twitter, and they are representative of the broader population in some ways, but not in others. For starters, Twitter's U.S. adult users tend to be younger.
I WAS on Twitter and Facebook but deleted them both. Just a cesspool of outrage and drama.

In some ways, social media is a poison on the human condition.
If not recognized for what it is and who uses it you can become trapped in your own prison of hate thinking everyone feels like you.

And THAT is one of the things that could be looked into about these madmen

" Trump had been talking about — not endorsing — the idea of armed border-patrol agents. “When you have 15,000 people marching up — and you have hundreds and hundreds of people — and you have two or three border security people that are brave and great — and don’t forget, we don’t let them and we can’t let them use weapons,” Trump said. “We can’t. Other countries do. We can’t. I would never do that.” "

Seems he made his position pretty clear.

Do you think it is odd that the President's ACTUAL WORDS, were at the very end of the article, where we know that very few people read to? Almost like the reporter was trying to be misleading?

Yeah, I'm sure the huge jump in hate crimes against Latinos is just a coincidence, right?

Twitter?

But every news organization and social media site reports on the tweet.

So everyone that wants to hear the President's words hears them and hears them more quickly .

Lefties have it all figured out based on the fact that the guy was white? Who did Stephen Paddock target when he murdered 50 people in Vegas? The left has selective memory but it was a bunch of white kids at a Country concert that the media called "nothing but a Trump rally". James Hodgkinson targeted conservative congress people two years ago and the liberal media buried the story faster than they buried Hodgkinson. To paraphrase a high profile democrat "never let a tragedy go to waste".

Yeah, I'm sure the huge jump in hate crimes against Latinos is just a coincidence, right?

Or fake. YOu aware of the Penn study looking to see how much white racism had increased under Trump?

HInt: They were shocked to find it had declined.

Twitter?

I WAS on Twitter and Facebook but deleted them both. Just a cesspool of outrage and drama.

If not recognized for what it is and who uses it you can become trapped in your own prison of hate thinking everyone feels like you.

How is it we can go after ISIS on the internet, but websites like A-chan and 4 Chan can flourish?

Just last night (before Dayton, even) I was thinking along those same lines---Obama would have put his foot down. Or at least tried to. I would like to be able to leave for WalMart or a night on the town or the local agricultural festival without having to worry about being shot. I too have an inalienable right to life. Of course I could get in a car accident traveling there or have a heart attack. Accidents and human frailty exist. But mass shootings honestly don't have to be "acceptable." If something other than banning guns can bring us peace on that score, I will stand behind it. But whatever is being tried now? It's not working.

How is it we can go after ISIS on the internet, but websites like A-chan and 4 Chan can flourish?
I don't know anything about those sites so I can't comment with any knowledge. In fact this morning was the first time I had even heard of A Chan

This is Trumps chance to lead where partisan snipes can be marginalized. An issue that surely resonates with ALL Americans

Forum List

Back