Trump needs to come out and FORCEFULLY rebuke this violence targeted at Latinos

He is the leader of ALL Americans and we are witnessing mass shootings based on ethnicity.
It is apparent to me that we are seeing a new trend of violence based on hate and it would be wise for him to get ahead of it.
This is no different than when we demanded Obama get behind the police and condemn the violence against them when they were the targets.

You can express your hatred for others with your voice and be protected by the first amendment but that protection does not extend to acts of violence.

Trump also needs to address the gun violence that is not ethnically charged.

I don't pretend to believe that he can "fix" any of these problems but if he wants to get ahead of the media and the left he has no choice. Maybe put together a comission to look into the details of all recent mass shootings and try to find the common denominators. Then see what if anything can be done based on those findings.

Bottom line I want to see some kind of action beyond prayers and demands to ban guns.
You sound like a person who does not honor Godly intervention. You could be barking up the wrong tree, sir.

What democrat rebuked the attempted assassination of republican congressmen at a baseball game or the murder of 50 kids at a Country Concert in Vegas? You can't even get a democrat to rebuke the rash of assaults on old men in coffee shops wearing a freaking MAGA hat. Congress spends the money and sets the agenda and so far democrats seem content to sit back and watch the chaos at the border and reap the political rewards (courtesy of the mainstream media) rather than doing something about it.

Politicians have a responsibility to moderate their language and behaviour.
There are so many crazies out there who seem to be triggered by hate speech and the body count is growing.
Antifa come to mind?

WTF is hate speech?

Something said that you disagree with?

He is the leader of ALL Americans and we are witnessing mass shootings based on ethnicity.
It is apparent to me that we are seeing a new trend of violence based on hate and it would be wise for him to get ahead of it.
This is no different than when we demanded Obama get behind the police and condemn the violence against them when they were the targets.

You can express your hatred for others with your voice and be protected by the first amendment but that protection does not extend to acts of violence.

I don't pretend to believe that he can "fix" any of these problems but if he wants to get ahead of the media and the left he has no choice. Maybe put together a comission to look into the details of all recent mass shootings and try to find the common denominators. Then see what if anything can be done based on those findings.

Bottom line I want to see some kind of action beyond prayers and demands to ban guns.
In all seriousness, I just don't think he has it in him. And he'd also have to walk a fine line between a powerful condemnation and annoying his base.

You never know, but I doubt it. Maybe if his staff convinces him and writes his comments.

Trump's base does not support mass murder or violence directed at latinos.

It is hateful of you to claim they do.
""Send them home ?? Mexican invasion ??""

Do you not see a distinction between "sending someone home" and "mass murder"?

Seriously? You just wrote that, as though you think that you just made the point that they are at least very similar?

Are you bat shit, howl at the moon, insane?
The hate is the same Think they can actually say "murder all brown skins?? It's the hate in your heart that brings these murderers out ,,,, and there are vast numbers out there that hate browns and blacks and if you disagree you're the bat shit crazy one

Some sure as hell do. Some right here on THIS board do. I know you've seen them.

Random voices on the internet because they are completely isolated in society.

Not any significant portion of the base.

Yeah, I'm sure the huge jump in hate crimes against Latinos is just a coincidence, right?

Or fake. YOu aware of the Penn study looking to see how much white racism had increased under Trump?

HInt: They were shocked to find it had declined.

Is that Penn state?

‘White supremacists see Penn State as recruitment ground’: Faculty members discuss state of racism at university, America

Yes, very much so. That type of mao-ist thought indoctrination, is just what I am talking about. (did you read the article?)

From that far left environment, the researchers started, looking for an increase in white racism, but found the exact opposite.

I give them points for releasing their findings, thought their utter inability to consider the obvious implications of their own findings, is breathtaking.

I can't control your perceptions of my words.

You stated that a powerful condemnation of violence targeting latinos, would potentially annoy his base.

My perception of that, was that you were implying that Trump's base supports mass murder or violence directed at latinos.

Otherwise, why would a condemnation of that, "annoy" his base?

This is a simple question. A serious question Please answer it.

His base is mostly a bunch of low class morons who get sexually aroused by uncouth behavior, with a passionate hatred for "political correctness." I suspect that any meaningful condemnation by Donald could be interpreted as exactly the kind of pandering to liberals and illegals that they expect him to reject, and would see him as weak for so doing. Could be.

But really, I think Mac is wrong here. Donald's base is a cult. He could make a speech tonight and say that illegals are the second coming of Christ and that hence forth his country will be known as the United States of Mexican Domination, and they'll cheer him on. There's nothing he can do that won't be met with the undying love of his cult.

It is funny to see you call other people "low class morons" and then make a statement that is "low class and moronic".

Just saying. FUnny.

She is a pole dancer.
And thanks to dump she's $230,000 richer

In all seriousness, I just don't think he has it in him. And he'd also have to walk a fine line between a powerful condemnation and annoying his base.

You never know, but I doubt it. Maybe if his staff convinces him and writes his comments.
Remember that fieldhouse he gave his send them home speech at?? Never stopped his base He has no problem letting his base show their hate
We see it there, we see it here. Look at the stuff that is said on USMB by Trump supporters.

Some of them get all indignant and offended, pretending it's only a few, and they're lying.

Seriously? You just wrote that, as though you think that you just made the point that they are at least very similar?

The hate is the same Think they can actually say "murder all brown skins?? It's the hate in your heart that brings these murderers out ,,,, and there are vast numbers out there that hate browns and blacks and if you disagree you're the bat shit crazy one

It is not hate to want to "send someone home".

That is a lie your side tells, to marginalize your enemies so that you do not have to actually defend your policies based on their actual merits, or lack there of.

There are real and justified reasons for our immigration laws, and enforcing them is completely Just and Fair.

YOu are being very vile smearing people who want to deport illegals, as though they are the same as mass murderers.

Remember that fieldhouse he gave his send them home speech at?? Never stopped his base He has no problem letting his base show their hate
We see it there, we see it here. Look at the stuff that is said on USMB by Trump supporters.

Some of them get all indignant and offended, pretending it's only a few, and they're lying.

I send you home.

Some else murderers you.

Big difference.

That is a lie your side tells, to marginalize your enemies so that you do not have to actually defend your policies based on their actual merits, or lack there of.

There are real and justified reasons for our immigration laws, and enforcing them is completely Just and Fair.

YOu are being very vile smearing people who want to deport illegals, as though they are the same as mass murderers.
HAIL TRUMP
The number of hate groups operating across America rose to a record high – 1,020 – in 2018 as President Trump continued to fan the flames of white resentment over immigration and the country’s changing demographics.

It was the fourth straight year of hate group growth – a 30 percent increase roughly coinciding with Trump’s campaign and presidency – following three consecutive years of decline near the end of the Obama administration.

ir166_yih_rage_against_change_hate_group_line_chart.png

At the same time, racist and antisemitic violence continued to plague the country, following the same escalating pattern as hate groups. FBI statistics show that hate crimes increased by 30 percent in the three-year period ending in 2017. (The FBI has not released figures for 2018.) The increase followed a three-year period in which hate crime incidents fell by about 12 percent.

The SPLC’s annual hate group count and analysis is contained in the Spring edition of the Intelligence Report, released today.

The SPLC today also launched an updated, interactive hate map showing the locations of hate groups nationwide.

“The numbers tell a striking story – that this president is not simply a polarizing figure but a radicalizing one,” said Heidi Beirich, director of the SPLC’s Intelligence Project. “Rather than trying to tamp down hate, as presidents of both parties have done, President Trump elevates it – with both his rhetoric and his policies. In doing so, he’s given people across America the go-ahead to act on their worst instincts.”

Trump was not alone in spreading fear about the country’s growing diversity. Fox News served as both his megaphone and a source for his incendiary claims during 2018. Aided by a chorus of supporters in right-wing media outlets and the advisers in his administration with hate group sympathies, Trump enacted a raft of policies straight out of the radical-right playbook.

But there were growing signs that many among the radical right have begun to sour on Trump, as he failed to deliver on his signature promise – to build a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border. Richard Spencer, the white nationalist leader who prompted Nazi salutes from his audience when he shouted “Hail Trump” after Trump’s 2016 election, put it this way after the 2018 mid-terms: “The Trump moment is over, and it’s time for us to move on.”

A white supremacist world simultaneously emboldened and disappointed by Trump has already proven deadly.

Lefties (with the cooperation of the mainstream media) created the false narrative of "white nationalism) and racism aimed at the President. The charge (almost) backfired when it was revealed that a democrat congressman, who ranted about the border crisis, represented a district that had more murders per year than the entire country of Honduras. The (racist?) democrat governor of Virginia invited thugs to Charlottesville and instructed the Troopers not to interfere but watch the fun. When a maniac ran down bystanders the media blamed the President.

When will Democrats come out and rebuke violence against conservatives?

HAIL TRUMP
The number of hate groups operating across America rose to a record high – 1,020 – in 2018 as President Trump continued to fan the flames of white resentment over immigration and the country’s changing demographics.

It was the fourth straight year of hate group growth – a 30 percent increase roughly coinciding with Trump’s campaign and presidency – following three consecutive years of decline near the end of the Obama administration.

At the same time, racist and antisemitic violence continued to plague the country, following the same escalating pattern as hate groups. FBI statistics show that hate crimes increased by 30 percent in the three-year period ending in 2017. (The FBI has not released figures for 2018.) The increase followed a three-year period in which hate crime incidents fell by about 12 percent.

The SPLC’s annual hate group count and analysis is contained in the Spring edition of the Intelligence Report, released today.

The SPLC today also launched an updated, interactive hate map showing the locations of hate groups nationwide.

“The numbers tell a striking story – that this president is not simply a polarizing figure but a radicalizing one,” said Heidi Beirich, director of the SPLC’s Intelligence Project. “Rather than trying to tamp down hate, as presidents of both parties have done, President Trump elevates it – with both his rhetoric and his policies. In doing so, he’s given people across America the go-ahead to act on their worst instincts.”

Trump was not alone in spreading fear about the country’s growing diversity. Fox News served as both his megaphone and a source for his incendiary claims during 2018. Aided by a chorus of supporters in right-wing media outlets and the advisers in his administration with hate group sympathies, Trump enacted a raft of policies straight out of the radical-right playbook.

But there were growing signs that many among the radical right have begun to sour on Trump, as he failed to deliver on his signature promise – to build a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border. Richard Spencer, the white nationalist leader who prompted Nazi salutes from his audience when he shouted “Hail Trump” after Trump’s 2016 election, put it this way after the 2018 mid-terms: “The Trump moment is over, and it’s time for us to move on.”

A white supremacist world simultaneously emboldened and disappointed by Trump has already proven deadly.

SPLC? Seriously?

Stop spreading left-wing propaganda, hater!

I send you home.

Some else murderers you.

Big difference.
You're right but in those folks it doesn't take much imo, to set them off Even if it's just one moron out of 1000

SPLC ...noted liars......
Which hate group has been most prominent......can ya say antfa….knew ya could

HAIL TRUMP

It was the fourth straight year of hate group growth – a 30 percent increase roughly coinciding with Trump’s campaign and presidency – following three consecutive years of decline near the end of the Obama administration......y.

30% increase in number of groups? Sounds serious.

So, how much of an increase in ACTUAL MEMBERSHIP in those hate groups?

(To factor out just the same basement dwellers, jointing more "groups" or signing up for more newsletters?)

HAIL TRUMP

SPLC? Seriously?

Which group do you belong to kidd?? Just curious

HAIL TRUMP

SPLC? Seriously?

Also, a fair point.

HAIL TRUMP

It was the fourth straight year of hate group growth – a 30 percent increase roughly coinciding with Trump’s campaign and presidency – following three consecutive years of decline near the end of the Obama administration......y.

30% increase in number of groups? Sounds serious.

So, how much of an increase in ACTUAL MEMBERSHIP in those hate groups?

(To factor out just the same basement dwellers, jointing more "groups" or signing up for more newsletters?)
I don't believe numbers went up ,,just more became visible

I send you home.

Some else murderers you.

Big difference.
You're right but...

If I am right, then why did you say otherwise, you hatemonger?

And the only moron here, is you.

Forum List

Back