Trump not treated like other defendants in his trial

Are you sure, that was not intentional --then made to seem like a mistake? Especially, considering that they are making Trump pay the $355-million before his appeal can be processed.

Do you have link, to verify what you claim here as why there was no jury trial??

Um, yeah, as a matter of fact, I do.

A Manhattan judge said Wednesday there was no option for former President Donald Trump to have a jury trial in the $250 million civil fraud case against him.

“We are having a non-jury trial because we are hearing a non-jury case,” Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron said at the seventh day of trial against Trump, according to ABC News.

Alina Habba, a lawyer for Trump, 77, said during opening statements last week that her client wanted a jury to oversee the case against him.

Engoron said it wouldn’t have mattered if Trump’s team had checked a box on a legal form requesting a jury, or even if he’d made a motion for one, because the judge would have shot down any such request.

So, no, Trump isn't playing Four Dimensional Chess, like you cultist thing he is. His lawyer was too stupid to request a jury trial, and the judge wouldn't have given her one if she had.

since bench trial convictions are easier to overturn, than jury trial convictions; where is the idiocy here from Trump lawyers??

Are you aware, that here in America, when defendants get convicted ---they want the EASIEST path, to winning an appeal???

Is it easy for Appeals Court to make amends for [or overturn] verdicts when a judge misapplied the law --that is not possible for if a jury did so, because a jury consists of private citizens who NEVER practiced law therefore are not expected to know the law in a way of applying it mistake-free.

Your assumption that there is reason for Trump to prevail on appeal is based on the false assumption that he was improperly convicted.

In fact, your whole post reveals an abject ignorance of the law and how it functions.

“We are having a non-jury trial because we are hearing a non-jury case,” Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron said at the seventh day of trial against Trump ... Engoron said it wouldn’t have mattered if Trump’s team had checked a box on a legal form requesting a jury... the judge would have shot down any such request.
:)

Your assumption that there is reason for Trump to prevail on appeal is based on the false assumption that he was improperly convicted.
Yes, the law was misapplied --even in charging him. Especially when they stooped to the point of the judge and Prosecutor 'Big Tish' blaming the Trump org for how banks valued property... yep as if Trump was actually the bank staff member who determined the $$$ value of properties.

In fact, your whole post reveals an abject ignorance of the law and how it functions.

All of your posts reveal your abject ignorance, period.

Trump not treated like other defendants in his trial​

Agreed. The preferential treatment he got was an outrage. Any other defendant would have been thrown in jail for contempt.

And unfortunately for Trump, the money he has to pay must be his own, and not raised by his PACs or the RNC. Those can and will go for his increasing legal expenses.

Bigly sad for down ticket republicans. Tsk.

Yes, the law was misapplied --even in charging him. Especially when it got the point of the judge and 'Big Tish' blamed the Trump org for how banks valued property.
The submission of fraudulent financial statements was in itself a violation of NY law.

In this civil action, plaintiff, the People of the State of New York , by Letitia James , Attorney General of the State of New York, seeks monetary penalties and injunctive relief against Donald John Trump ( Donald Trump ) (the former president of the United States); Donald Trump, Jr.( Donald Trump, Jr. or Trump, Jr. ) and Eric Trump (two of his sons ); Allen Weisselberg and Jeffrey McConney (two former employees of defendant The Trump Organization , Inc.); and various real estate holding entities . Plaintiff essentially alleges ( 1) that the individual defendants violated New York Executive Law § 63 ( 12) by submitting false financial statements to banks and insurance companies to obtain better rates on loans and insurance coverage; and (2) that the holding entities are liable for the individual defendants misdeeds . Defendants ( 1) allege that the statements were completely or substantially correct; and (2) crow that the borrowers paid back all loans fully and on time.

I was asking myself as I read this article from Fox News: Why didn't he have a jury trial?
Why don’t you just get an explanation from several sources ? Why from illiterate Fox News ? You’ve already decided to stay in a cocoon.

Why did Trump have this weirdo as the only judge of his case?

I was asking myself as I read this article from Fox News: Why didn't he have a jury trial?

This question was answered.. you can find it directly under the picture of Trump.

He says he was never given the option!

How can that be?

I mean, just how can that be?!

Liberals are showing themselves for the lawless, vindictive, Politics is God freaks that they are (not that we didn't know that...)
More grounds to overturn on appeal.

It's selective prosecution and application of the laws...in every case brought against Trump.

And the games are about to end.

Trump had a great day Thursday

This article is demonstrating that Trump's popularity is likely going to put him in the White House again.

Says the demented little maid.

You have demonstrated thousands of time you know nothing about how America works, you KKKanadian lunatic.

Go fix your shithole country, Simp.

Yes, the law was misapplied --even in charging him. Especially when they stooped to the point of the judge and Prosecutor 'Big Tish' blaming the Trump org for how banks valued property... yep as if Trump was actually the bank staff member who determined the $$$ value of properties.

The bank staff member could only go on the information provided by Trump Org.

For instance, when Trump claimed his 10KSF Penthouse was 30KSF, the Bank wasn't going to go there and measure it.

Why did Trump have this weirdo as the only judge of his case?

This question was answered.. you can find it directly under the picture of Trump.

He says he was never given the option!

How can that be?

I mean, just how can that be?!

Liberals are showing themselves for the lawless, vindictive, Politics is God freaks that they are (not that we didn't know that...)

Oh poor poor P01135809 had to go on to court on a Civil Trial Case and when he pay out $354M on top of $83M he owes E. Jean Carroll.

Why didn't he get jury trial....because his fuckig attorney's did not file the necessary paper work for a Jury Trial, so instead he received a Bench Trial. His attorney's fucked up. You want to bitch about that, talk his attorney who repped for a parking garage, she was responsible for that.

P01135809 is a private citizen and does deserve special treatment.

It's selective prosecution and application of the laws...in every case brought against Trump.

And the games are about to end.

Trump had a great day Thursday

This article is demonstrating that Trump's popularity is likely going to put him in the White House again

He broke the law, if you can't do time, don't do the crime.

Forum List

Back