Trump OKs Keystone pipeline....

How in the FUCK is it going to increase American Gas/Diesel Prices? By taking up available refining capabilities?

That's idiotic. The first requests/demands for the fuel/gas will be American and they will be honored...... For less money

All it does is make the refineries more profitable by allowing them to run at near-100% capacity. And by doing that, gas/diesel prices will fall as a result.

Look up 'Economies of Scale' dumbass.

Jesus Jumping Christ On A Fucking Pogo Stick but dimocrap scum are fucking stupid.

It's like they can't stand the thought of living good

Idiotic says the man who claims Americans will get the oil simply by "demanding" it and even at a lower price.

Keystone won't make the price of gas go down and might make it go up. Here,

The Keystone XL pipeline isn’t about lowering your gas prices

You don't like the Washington Post, try this one.

Keystone XL Won't Lower Gas Prices, It Might Raise Them

Both several years old. Common knowledge for anyone even minimally aware of the issues. Hell, the application to the US for the permit openly admitted it was about opening up additional markets and would generate an additional dollar per barrel in revenue for Canada. That's over a hundred million dollars per month at current levels.
The pipeline is not about lowering gas prices no matter what political rhetoric has been used to sell it to the people. Your link to Forbes even admits that the general view is that it will lower prices and the OPINION of the writer is not what the general view is. There is no reasonable or rational economic argument that stipulates bringing more supply will somehow increase prices. That is simply an asinine thing to argue.

It is simple - that oil WILL be refined and it WILL be transported to do so. The question we need to answer is if we want the economic activity here in the US and if we want to transport the oil in the safest and most efficient way possible. Without a doubt, that is by pipeline. This is a simple and verifiable fact. The environmental studies have already been done and it is not a viable point in opposition to the pipeline.

The ONLY point that has any merit and has been brought up thus far against KeystoneXL is eminent domain.
Sorry, but adding supply has a direct affect on something....if I could only remember econ101......:lol:

Econ 101 was Micro when I went to school. This is 100, Macro. You take supply from one market and deliver it to another the price in the market losing the supply goes up. Yes, very basic Macroeconomics.

That's only true if the original supply stays constant. An increase in the original suppy changes that.

Who said the supply was increasing? You guys keep claiming the oil is coming, pipeline or not. So which is it?

Regardless, the oil will go where it gets the highest price. Right
This is not about increasing supply to domestic consumers. This is about taking supply that is currently being used for domestic production and getting it further inland to the refineries so that it can be processed for EXPORT. It decreases the supply of GASOLINE to US consumers.

Bullshit. Very little of the export will be refined gasoline.

Diesel is the ticket. And yes, it is all about getting the tar sands to international markets.

Fact Checking on Keystone XL and Exports - Oil Change International

Idiotic says the man who claims Americans will get the oil simply by "demanding" it and even at a lower price.

Keystone won't make the price of gas go down and might make it go up. Here,

The Keystone XL pipeline isn’t about lowering your gas prices

You don't like the Washington Post, try this one.

Keystone XL Won't Lower Gas Prices, It Might Raise Them

Both several years old. Common knowledge for anyone even minimally aware of the issues. Hell, the application to the US for the permit openly admitted it was about opening up additional markets and would generate an additional dollar per barrel in revenue for Canada. That's over a hundred million dollars per month at current levels.
The pipeline is not about lowering gas prices no matter what political rhetoric has been used to sell it to the people. Your link to Forbes even admits that the general view is that it will lower prices and the OPINION of the writer is not what the general view is. There is no reasonable or rational economic argument that stipulates bringing more supply will somehow increase prices. That is simply an asinine thing to argue.

It is simple - that oil WILL be refined and it WILL be transported to do so. The question we need to answer is if we want the economic activity here in the US and if we want to transport the oil in the safest and most efficient way possible. Without a doubt, that is by pipeline. This is a simple and verifiable fact. The environmental studies have already been done and it is not a viable point in opposition to the pipeline.

The ONLY point that has any merit and has been brought up thus far against KeystoneXL is eminent domain.
Sorry, but adding supply has a direct affect on something....if I could only remember econ101......:lol:

Econ 101 was Micro when I went to school. This is 100, Macro. You take supply from one market and deliver it to another the price in the market losing the supply goes up. Yes, very basic Macroeconomics.

That's only true if the original supply stays constant. An increase in the original suppy changes that.

Who said the supply was increasing? You guys keep claiming the oil is coming, pipeline or not. So which is it?

Regardless, the oil will go where it gets the highest price. Right
This is not about increasing supply to domestic consumers. This is about taking supply that is currently being used for domestic production and getting it further inland to the refineries so that it can be processed for EXPORT. It decreases the supply of GASOLINE to US consumers.

Bullshit. Very little of the export will be refined gasoline.

Diesel is the ticket. And yes, it is all about getting the tar sands to international markets.

The people up here in the northern plains are generally for the pipeline being put in.

The people of the northern plains, the ones actually living here generally want the pipeline… Fact
Is that why there are hundreds of cases in the court system?
The bigger issue up here is the easement issue. Of course the mainstream media wants to put some type of sacred Indian burial ground bull shit or some tree hugging polar bear drowning shit as the case.

But if it were to go to the popular vote in this area more people would vote for it then against it up here.

The people of the northern plains, the ones actually living here generally want the pipeline… Fact
Is that why there are hundreds of cases in the court system?

There were by folks who wanted a better price for access. An oil pipeline is only a few feet wide and either buried or on stands as opposed to access an electric transmission line or a highway would require. The civil part of the Keystone XL is adjudicated. The only reason for the hold-up is moonbeam leftists claiming environmental issues when the truth is they hate oil production.

Of course he did. He benefits financially from those pipeline projects.
Link?

I posted this in another thread:

And let's not forget that Trump has a financial interest in Energy Transfer Partners, the operators of the Dakota access pipeline, some $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in the company. In addition, he has another $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in Phillips 66, which will have a 25% stake in the Dakota Access project once it's completed.

Trump has also received $100,000 in campaign donations from the Chief Executive of Energy Transfer Partners.

If you voted for Trump, you deserve nothing but scorn.

Dakota Access pipeline company and Donald Trump have close financial ties
While I TOTALLY get your point, he owns shares in ALOT of shit. He owns shares in Ford too. Did that have something to do with him threatening to tax the shit out of them?

Good question. How will we ever know?

All I know is my truck takes 48 gallons of diesel so lets get going on drilling and building pipelines.

AMEN! My XLT Lariat 4x4 gets 12 mpg whether I'm hauling a load of bricks or an empty beer can.
lol.gif

Discount gas price (87 octane) in Phoenix today....$1.99 I can live with that.

All I know is my truck takes 48 gallons of diesel so lets get going on drilling and building pipelines.

AMEN! My XLT Lariat 4x4 gets 12 mpg whether I'm hauling a load of bricks or an empty beer can.
lol.gif

Discount gas price in Phoenix today....$1.99 I can live with that.
My 69 Dodge charger gets maybe 4 - 8 miles to the gallon…

Your link uses the term "fossil fuels" which exposes it as fraudulent. Oil is an abiotic resource found FAR BELOW the level any plant or animal matter ever existed.

Look, Rex Tillerson is a FRAUD.

“The world is going to have to continue using fossil fuels, whether they like it or not.

ExxonMobil CEO: ending oil production 'not acceptable for humanity'

Your link uses the term "fossil fuels" which exposes it as fraudulent. Oil is an abiotic resource found FAR BELOW the level any plant or animal matter ever existed.

“The world is going to have to continue using fossil fuels, whether they like it or not.

Let's hope we use it till it runs out... that's what it's there for - burn baby burn

The biggest part of the employment resulting from President Trump's decisive action will come in the home-care industry. Hundreds of thousands of new jobs helping liberals untie their knotted knickers!

But would Americans do those jobs?????

Again with the left not understanding facts. That is a fact. Why do you all hate facts so much?

Remember the term "peak oil"? Think of all the fields discovered and suspected since that bullshit came down the pike.
In unexplored areas of the country and the world there is hundreds of years of fossil fuels left...

lol.gif

Must be a 460, or a V10. My XL 250 4x4 diesel gets 17 on the interstate @ 80 mph, while on secondary roads get 20 @ 70 mph. But diesel prices are creeping up. The last time I fueled up it was $2.40/gl.

lol.gif

Must be a 460, or a V10. My XL 250 4x4 diesel gets 17 on the interstate @ 80 mph, while on secondary roads get 20 @ 70 mph. But diesel prices are creeping up. The last time I fueled up it was $2.40/gl.

VINTAGE '85 351....I won't drive anything with a fucking airbag. I've been in enough pileups to know the first hit usually isn't the last hit so I don't want a pillow in the face while I'm trying to steer clear of further mayhem.

lol.gif

VINTAGE '85 351....I won't drive anything with a fucking airbag. I've been in enough pileups to know the first hit usually isn't the last hit so I don't want a pillow in the face while I'm trying to steer clear of further mayhem.
My '89 XLT 4x4 /460got 9mpg loaded or empty, but I could pass anyithng on the road except a gas station

Of course he did. He benefits financially from those pipeline projects.
Link?

I posted this in another thread:

And let's not forget that Trump has a financial interest in Energy Transfer Partners, the operators of the Dakota access pipeline, some $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in the company. In addition, he has another $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in Phillips 66, which will have a 25% stake in the Dakota Access project once it's completed.

Trump has also received $100,000 in campaign donations from the Chief Executive of Energy Transfer Partners.

If you voted for Trump, you deserve nothing but scorn.

Dakota Access pipeline company and Donald Trump have close financial ties
Except Trump divested his positions in ALL his companies....so....

Forum List

Back