Trump OKs Keystone pipeline....

Water, that's the big deal for me, we are having water quality & shortage problems in many different parts of America. If things go's bad I can manage some how, but not with out water, water is life. no job no dollar is worth that. only major spills are reported. check local papers and you will see many minor spills. sand tar is the worst, as it sinks, makes clean up much harder.

Then you got snookered.

This is about Canadian oil being transported to Gulf refineries to be processed into to diesel fuel for EXPORT. It will increase gas prices for Americans, not decrease them. A great deal for Canada, they get a higher price for their crude. A great deal for Mexico, diesel prices drop. Hell, even a good deal for the European countries that will be gobbling up all that diesel along with Mexico.

But America first? Not by any stretch of imagination.

How in the FUCK is it going to increase American Gas/Diesel Prices? By taking up available refining capabilities?

That's idiotic. The first requests/demands for the fuel/gas will be American and they will be honored...... For less money

All it does is make the refineries more profitable by allowing them to run at near-100% capacity. And by doing that, gas/diesel prices will fall as a result.

Look up 'Economies of Scale' dumbass.

Jesus Jumping Christ On A Fucking Pogo Stick but dimocrap scum are fucking stupid.

It's like they can't stand the thought of living good

Idiotic says the man who claims Americans will get the oil simply by "demanding" it and even at a lower price.

Keystone won't make the price of gas go down and might make it go up. Here,

The Keystone XL pipeline isn’t about lowering your gas prices

You don't like the Washington Post, try this one.

Keystone XL Won't Lower Gas Prices, It Might Raise Them

Both several years old. Common knowledge for anyone even minimally aware of the issues. Hell, the application to the US for the permit openly admitted it was about opening up additional markets and would generate an additional dollar per barrel in revenue for Canada. That's over a hundred million dollars per month at current levels.
The pipeline is not about lowering gas prices no matter what political rhetoric has been used to sell it to the people. Your link to Forbes even admits that the general view is that it will lower prices and the OPINION of the writer is not what the general view is. There is no reasonable or rational economic argument that stipulates bringing more supply will somehow increase prices. That is simply an asinine thing to argue.

It is simple - that oil WILL be refined and it WILL be transported to do so. The question we need to answer is if we want the economic activity here in the US and if we want to transport the oil in the safest and most efficient way possible. Without a doubt, that is by pipeline. This is a simple and verifiable fact. The environmental studies have already been done and it is not a viable point in opposition to the pipeline.

The ONLY point that has any merit and has been brought up thus far against KeystoneXL is eminent domain.
Sorry, but adding supply has a direct affect on something....if I could only remember econ101......:lol:
Yes, it does. And it never increases the price as the post I responded to said it did.

However, the increase in supply in this case is nominal because of the scale we are talking about. Oil is traded and sold on an international level and a single pipeline - even one that transports a large amount of oil - will have little effect on the international market.
Possibly....but not having it will have a tremendous impact.....

Water, that's the big deal for me, we are having water quality & shortage problems in many different parts of America. If things go's bad I can manage some how, but not with out water, water is life. no job no dollar is worth that. only major spills are reported. check local papers and you will see many minor spills. sand tar is the worst, as it sinks, makes clean up much harder.
Water is important to me too...which is why I have no problem with oil pipelines as they are safer for water....

Of course he did. He benefits financially from those pipeline projects.
Link?

I posted this in another thread:

And let's not forget that Trump has a financial interest in Energy Transfer Partners, the operators of the Dakota access pipeline, some $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in the company. In addition, he has another $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in Phillips 66, which will have a 25% stake in the Dakota Access project once it's completed.

Trump has also received $100,000 in campaign donations from the Chief Executive of Energy Transfer Partners.

If you voted for Trump, you deserve nothing but scorn.

Dakota Access pipeline company and Donald Trump have close financial ties

Of course he did. He benefits financially from those pipeline projects.
Link?

I posted this in another thread:

And let's not forget that Trump has a financial interest in Energy Transfer Partners, the operators of the Dakota access pipeline, some $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in the company. In addition, he has another $500,000 to $1,000,000 invested in Phillips 66, which will have a 25% stake in the Dakota Access project once it's completed.

Trump has also received $100,000 in campaign donations from the Chief Executive of Energy Transfer Partners.

If you voted for Trump, you deserve nothing but scorn.

Dakota Access pipeline company and Donald Trump have close financial ties
While I TOTALLY get your point, he owns shares in ALOT of shit. He owns shares in Ford too. Did that have something to do with him threatening to tax the shit out of them?

I realize it doesn't matter, i know most Republicans have gone all-in on Big Oil Propaganda. But i'll lay out what's coming anyway...

The inevitable scenario:

The awful disasters will happen, the animals and lands will be destroyed, the oil Fatcats will respond with a 'Whoops', and then go on making their fortunes.

There it is folks. If you're not an oil Fatcat yourself, there's no reason to celebrate this. Take care.
giphy.gif

So you have NO problem with 1,000s of miles of ocean being destroyed when 1 million barrels per day
on a tanker sailing through the stormiest north Pacific? I guess you don't remember the Exxon Valdez do you?
More importantly you obviously don't know the difference between 1 million barrels and 700 barrels!

Too many just don't understand that they need clean healthy land and oceans to survive. All the awful pollution ends up in the food & water they consume, and in the air they breathe. These pipelines have been proven to be unnecessary. We would survive just fine without them. So why risk so much? The answer is, to make some oil Fatcats fatter. It's very sad.
exactly what is the risk? Maybe you could answer instead of CC screaming :lalala::lalala::lalala:

We have to seriously reconsider destroying everything, just so some Fatcats can get fatter. And that's the only result these pipelines are gonna achieve. Our survival depends on clean healthy land and oceans. Money isn't everything.

They'll find out when they try to breathe or eat money or oil. Until then they cheer away without a reason why

It's very sad. Because this impending disaster could have been avoided. Folks had a chance to fight it and stop it. But instead, many cheered it on. So regrettable. Hard to have much hope for humanity, huh?
you keep saying disaster, which ones? name one.

Then you got snookered.

This is about Canadian oil being transported to Gulf refineries to be processed into to diesel fuel for EXPORT. It will increase gas prices for Americans, not decrease them. A great deal for Canada, they get a higher price for their crude. A great deal for Mexico, diesel prices drop. Hell, even a good deal for the European countries that will be gobbling up all that diesel along with Mexico.

How in the FUCK is it going to increase American Gas/Diesel Prices? By taking up available refining capabilities?

That's idiotic. The first requests/demands for the fuel/gas will be American and they will be honored...... For less money

All it does is make the refineries more profitable by allowing them to run at near-100% capacity. And by doing that, gas/diesel prices will fall as a result.

Jesus Jumping Christ On A Fucking Pogo Stick but dimocrap scum are fucking stupid.

Idiotic says the man who claims Americans will get the oil simply by "demanding" it and even at a lower price.

Both several years old. Common knowledge for anyone even minimally aware of the issues. Hell, the application to the US for the permit openly admitted it was about opening up additional markets and would generate an additional dollar per barrel in revenue for Canada. That's over a hundred million dollars per month at current levels.
The pipeline is not about lowering gas prices no matter what political rhetoric has been used to sell it to the people. Your link to Forbes even admits that the general view is that it will lower prices and the OPINION of the writer is not what the general view is. There is no reasonable or rational economic argument that stipulates bringing more supply will somehow increase prices. That is simply an asinine thing to argue.

It is simple - that oil WILL be refined and it WILL be transported to do so. The question we need to answer is if we want the economic activity here in the US and if we want to transport the oil in the safest and most efficient way possible. Without a doubt, that is by pipeline. This is a simple and verifiable fact. The environmental studies have already been done and it is not a viable point in opposition to the pipeline.

The ONLY point that has any merit and has been brought up thus far against KeystoneXL is eminent domain.

And when the disaster happens, and the animals and lands are destroyed, the oil Fatcats will simply say 'Whoops', and go on making their fortunes. It's a 'No-Win' scenario for average Americans. It's only a 'Win' for the oil Fatcats. The risk/reward doesn't work for me. These pipelines are unnecessary. I think many Republicans are gonna regret cheering for this at some point.

From you comment I take it that you believe every red cent of the money generated by the Keystone pipeline would go directly into the pockets of your "fatcats". You are ignoring the fact that the majority of said money is paid to workers, suppliers, Taxes and fees, auxiliary companies, and yes, even the community. That money supports a lot of people.

I understand your concern, which is admirable, for land and wildlife, but living in an area of drilling and pipelines I see, or hear of, no adverse effects on either of those. I have actually seen game birds, deer, and elk nesting/bedding down on buried pipelines in the winter and early spring because the ground is warmer.

As for the land, the heavy crude, like that which will be transported through Keystone, is a coagulant. It would take nearly a full blown break or rupture in the pipeline for there to be a spill. Also, underground pipelines are coated as a prevention against corrosion, and are grounded to stop electrolysis, the two main reasons for leakage. Pipelines are often scheduled to periodically be shut down and a robot sent through to inspect it. So, I believe your concerns are somewhat unwarranted.

I am against easements on private land in most cases and even in some ways on this one. It's much more important issue than the stupid environmental and "sacred land" bullshit of my ancestors.

I'm with Native Americans. It is sacred land. We can't destroy everything just to make a few more bucks for folks who are already filthy rich. And that will be the only result of this. These pipelines are not necessary.
Actually most Indians probably want the economic benefit from the pipeline. I live up here and happen to be an American Indian. If you go and look at where they want to run these pipelines there's really no sacred ground… That's just bullshit for politically correct Indians.
Don't believe mainstream news it's a load of shit

Doesn't change how i feel. Why risk destroying our beautiful animals and lands? These pipelines aren't even necessary.
oh come on man, now you sound like a whiny libturd. Oh the carnage, oh the spectrum oh the, oh shut up, that is so much bullshit your eyes are brown.

BTW, I hate over exaggerations.

Here's the inevitable scenario:

The awful disaster will happen, and the animals and lands will be destroyed. The oil Fatcats will then simply respond with a 'Whoops', and go on making their fortunes.

It's a No-Win scenario for average Americans. It's only a 'Win' for the oil Fatcats. It'll be just another awful environmental tragedy that could have been avoided. When will humanity learn?
Nothing here to "destroy" mind your own business...

Then you got snookered.

This is not about increasing supply to domestic consumers. This is about taking supply that is currently being used for domestic production and getting it further inland to the refineries so that it can be processed for EXPORT. It decreases the supply of GASOLINE to US consumers.

Then you got snookered.

Sorry, but adding supply has a direct affect on something....if I could only remember econ101......:lol:

Econ 101 was Micro when I went to school. This is 100, Macro. You take supply from one market and deliver it to another the price in the market losing the supply goes up. Yes, very basic Macroeconomics.

Then you got snookered.

Econ 101 was Micro when I went to school. This is 100, Macro. You take supply from one market and deliver it to another the price in the market losing the supply goes up. Yes, very basic Macroeconomics.

That's only true if the original supply stays constant. An increase in the original suppy changes that.

This is not about increasing supply to domestic consumers. This is about taking supply that is currently being used for domestic production and getting it further inland to the refineries so that it can be processed for EXPORT. It decreases the supply of GASOLINE to US consumers.

Bullshit. Very little of the export will be refined gasoline.

Who doesn't love using fascism to force people to go against their own will/land to appease a foreign company?

A good deal of the oil flowing through XL will be from the Bakkan fields in N. Dakota.

Which is now flowing to domestic markets. Completion of XL will transfer that production to foreign markets.

Stop lying....most of the XL is AMERICAN OIL from the Bakken now being shipped by truck and rail. The canuck piece is tar-sand oil being refined for export fuels we don't use anymore.

The people of the northern plains, the ones actually living here generally want the pipeline… Fact

Forum List

Back