Trump on immigration, 14th amendment: the "Votemaster" strikes again!

... school districts and medical facilities, etc., to be able to (1) demand identification prior to providing services ....

The Supreme Court has already decided that cannot be. It is NOT going to be overturned by future courts.
Why not?

Supreme Court rulings are frequently overturned by subsequent rulings from a subsequent generation of that same Court.

Solution 1: a fresh interpretation of the 14th to construe that it was not intended to cover Anchor Babies.

Solution 2: a fresh Amendment, created and ratified by a more Conservative America, clarifying the idea conveyed in (1).

Solution 3: a fresh Amendment, repealing the 14th in toto, and re-defining Citizenship Birthrights in such a manner so as to exclude future Anchor Babies....

None of that's going to happen. Hold your breath.
You cannot predict the future any more than I can.

... school districts and medical facilities, etc., to be able to (1) demand identification prior to providing services ....

The Supreme Court has already decided that cannot be. It is NOT going to be overturned by future courts.
Why not?

Supreme Court rulings are frequently overturned by subsequent rulings from a subsequent generation of that same Court.

No, not frequently.

Why not?

No, not frequently.
A relative term, to be sure, when measured against the life-span of the Republic to-date...

The point being, however, that such things do, indeed, occur, from time to time, and, given the mood of the country, who knows?

I would not be as confident as you, that the Supreme Court will continue to consider the denial of education and medical services for Illegal Aliens, to be unconstitutional...

As you almost certainly already understand, the status quo is no defense against the future...

Pure Hyper-Liberal / Pro-Illegals hyperbole....

You'll have to find a "pro-illegal liberal" to ask about that.
If it looks like a Pro-Illegals Liberal, and walks like a Pro-Illegals Liberal, and quacks like a Pro-Illegals Liberal...

If it makes ASSumptions, insists upon ASSumptions...
Good thing for me that I"m not making any of those, eh? Merely speculating upon likely upcoming turns of events and turns of fortune for Illegal Aliens and their future spawn.

I would not be as confident as you, that the Supreme Court will continue to consider the denial of education and medical services for Illegal Aliens, to be unconstitutional........

You should not be as confident as me, since you are wrong.

If it looks like a Pro-Illegals Liberal, and walks like a Pro-Illegals Liberal, and quacks like a Pro-Illegals Liberal...

Good thing for me that I"m not making any of those, eh?.....

That's exactly what you're doing when you make an absurd claim like "pro-illegal liberal."

Why not?

You miss the point.

That you and others on the right are so hateful and reprehensible as to wish for such a thing is the issue and problem, not undocumented immigrants.

Why not?

You miss the point.

That you and others on the right are so hateful and reprehensible as to wish for such a thing is the issue and problem, not undocumented immigrants.

you are an empty shell trying to act smart. all you really have at the end of the day is your narrative that everybody on the Right is "hateful" and liberals are all Barney-like

I would not be as confident as you, that the Supreme Court will continue to consider the denial of education and medical services for Illegal Aliens, to be unconstitutional........

You should not be as confident as me, since you are wrong.
Like I said, Unk... yer a funny guy...
teeth_smile.gif

Why not?

You miss the point.

It is not hateful and reprehensible to establish conditions hostile to Illegal Aliens.

It would be hateful and reprehensible to establish conditions hostile to LEGAL ones.

Fortunately, that's not what's being discussed here, or abroad in the world.

Rather, I submit that it is foolhardy and disloyal to support those who have trespassed upon our home soil, as if we owed them something.

It would appear that the mood of the country is turning away from your point of view.

Thank God.

It's about time.

That's exactly what you're doing when you make an absurd claim like "pro-illegal liberal."
When you evince Pro-Illegal Liberal positions, you run the risk of being labeled as such.

Not my concern.

When you evince Pro-Illegal Liberal positions....

Again untrue. You're good at being wrong.

Why not?

You miss the point.

It is not hateful and reprehensible to establish conditions hostile to Illegal Aliens.....

So, shoot on sight then? That would sure make for "hostile conditions."

I guess the 80+ percent of Americans, including conservatives, who want illegals to be granted legal status or a path to citizenship are all "Pro-Illegal Liberals" (like Reagan). :badgrin:

You have to wonder about those people who think even conservatives are to the left of them. Sieg Heil!

Forum List

Back