Trump on the oscars boycott "Whites don't get any BET nominations".

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Trumps been acting timid on this issue but no more. And also point out how blacks are allowed to dominate the NBA and whites don't whine about that.

Trump Weighs In on Oscars Boycott: 'The Whites Don't Get' BET Awards

jan 20 2016 Later in the show, Trump weighed in. "I saw somebody on your show today say, 'Well, what do we do with BET?'" said the real estate mogul, who called into the program the morning after Sarah Palin endorsed him for president. "The whites don't get any nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I've never even thought of it from that standpoint."

Trumps been acting timid on this issue but no more. And also point out how blacks are allowed to dominate the NBA and whites don't whine about that.

jan 20 2016 Later in the show, Trump weighed in. "I saw somebody on your show today say, 'Well, what do we do with BET?'" said the real estate mogul, who called into the program the morning after Sarah Palin endorsed him for president. "The whites don't get any nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I've never even thought of it from that standpoint."

Oh jeez..... but they do have white people in the NBA, do they have black people in the Oscars?

There are black directors and actors. If they do an astonishing job, they get nominated. That is the way with whites...same thing for blacks. Why aren't Asians or Mexican Americans having a problem with the Oscars?

Oh jeez..... but they do have white people in the NBA, do they have black people in the Oscars?
Of course...
List of black Academy Award winners and nominees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now how about listing all of the whites that have taken home a BET award...

Any member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences may vote for their individual categories. All may vote for Best Picture.

It's largely a popularity contest in the acting and directing categories. Sad but true.

Of course...
List of black Academy Award winners and nominees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now how about listing all of the whites that have taken home a BET award...

Firstly, I'm not saying there is a conspiracy to not have black people.
Secondly I'm just responding to what has happened the last two years.

The BET awards are only for black people. The Oscars aren't. hence the difference.

Any member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences may vote for their individual categories. All may vote for Best Picture.

It's largely a popularity contest in the acting and directing categories. Sad but true.

The Oscars are ridiculous, but hey. Now people are making a conspiracy theory, however what it might point to is that the people who vote for the Oscars aren't necessarily representative of the population.

Oscar voters overwhelmingly white, male

"
An L.A. Times study of Oscar voters finds that their demographics are much less diverse than the moviegoing public. Academy leaders say they want to diversify."

"
Oscar voters are nearly 94% Caucasian and 77% male, The Times found. Blacks are about 2% of the academy, and Latinos are less than 2%."

"Oscar voters have a median age of 62, the study showed. People younger than 50 constitute just 14% of the membership."

So it's not just a problem with race here, it's a problem also with age and gender too. It's a bunch of old white men deciding who gets these Oscars. Hmmmmm.

Yes. In fact, Will Smith won best actor twice.

lol. No, he didn't.

lol. No, he didn't.
You're a pathetic liar.

lol. No, he didn't.
You're a pathetic liar.
Nominated not won....

Record year for the Irish... 9 nominations...

The Oscars are famous for bad snubs and dreadful decisions... Do we need a list

As an Irish man I can tell you Brendan Glessson lack of nomination is disgraceful... but it is an American award so live with it..

Absolute rubbish, where do you make this stuff up from?

He was NOMINATED twice, and LOST twice, for Ali and The Pursuit of Happiness. He was also nominated 4 times for Golden Globes, and lost 4 times too.

He has however won FOUR Golden Raspberries for After Earth And Wild Wild West.

He won a Hollywood Film Award last year for Concussion.

Basically people don't think he's that good an actor. I'd have to agree.

lol. No, he didn't.
You're a pathetic liar.

Will Smith hasn't won one Oscar for Best Actor, let alone two. You being ignorant doesn't make me a liar, it just makes you ignorant. :thup:

Last edited:

Oh get real.

So it's not just a problem with race here, it's a problem also with age and gender too. It's a bunch of old white men deciding who gets these Oscars. Hmmmmm.

So now we also need quotas on who can be an oscar judge??? You libs are iinsane.

The Oscars are ridiculous, but hey. Now people are making a conspiracy theory, however what it might point to is that the people who vote for the Oscars aren't necessarily representative of the population.

Oscar voters overwhelmingly white, male

"
An L.A. Times study of Oscar voters finds that their demographics are much less diverse than the moviegoing public. Academy leaders say they want to diversify."

"
Oscar voters are nearly 94% Caucasian and 77% male, The Times found. Blacks are about 2% of the academy, and Latinos are less than 2%."

"Oscar voters have a median age of 62, the study showed. People younger than 50 constitute just 14% of the membership."

When they are done complaining about racism in the Oscars, they'll start on the more soul food and "safe rooms" for blacks in colleges around the nation.

Forum List

Back