Trump orders colleges to back free speech or lose funding

That isn't what I replied about.

What was it then? A degree in womyn's basketweaving costing $120k for four years?

There is no such thing. Yes that was my point. The complete misrepresentation of the issue out of people like yourself.

Sorry, but it is not a misrepresentation, at worst it is an exaggeration to make a point.

If you have a point you don't have to "exaggerate".

Many degrees offered have no value except to propagate the topics at the academic level.

But obviously you will continue to.

An accounting degree leads to becoming an accountant. An Engineering degree leads to becoming an Engineer. A Criminal Justice degree leads to becoming a Cop or a Lawyer. A Women's studies degree prepares you to get your doctorate and teach women's studies.

The other issue is a liberal arts degree used to teach critical thinking and rigorous questioning, now it leads to groupthink and acceptance of dogmatic rote.

You simply no longer like the questions being asked.
It is a common dodge of conservatives. They pretend that most college students get worthless degrees. It supports their claim that college is a waste of time.

But most college degrees are in Business, Education, Healthcare, Liberal Arts and STEM

I figured they were pissed that blacks were actually able to get student loans and attend college.

(There, did I learn how this is supposed to be done)?

There is no such thing. Yes that was my point. The complete misrepresentation of the issue out of people like yourself.

Sorry, but it is not a misrepresentation, at worst it is an exaggeration to make a point.

Many degrees offered have no value except to propagate the topics at the academic level.

An accounting degree leads to becoming an accountant. An Engineering degree leads to becoming an Engineer. A Criminal Justice degree leads to becoming a Cop or a Lawyer. A Women's studies degree prepares you to get your doctorate and teach women's studies.

The other issue is a liberal arts degree used to teach critical thinking and rigorous questioning, now it leads to groupthink and acceptance of dogmatic rote.

You ignore my statement because it goes against your cherished world view.

And a little hyperbole can go a long way, look where it took Trump.

I didn't ignore your statement. I accurately addressed it. But it's nice that you note that Trump is little more than hyperbole. We should expect better out of a president.

I find it refreshing.

You didn't address it, you ignored it and claimed i didn't answer your points.

I can't take too seriously someone that finds hyperbole as a valid action towards the problems we face.

What was it then? A degree in womyn's basketweaving costing $120k for four years?

It is a common dodge of conservatives. They pretend that most college students get worthless degrees. It supports their claim that college is a waste of time.

But most college degrees are in Business, Education, Healthcare, Liberal Arts and STEM

I figured they were pissed that blacks were actually able to get student loans and attend college.

Are you accusing me of being racist?

Please show evidence, or take it back.

I didn't ignore your statement. I accurately addressed it. But it's nice that you note that Trump is little more than hyperbole. We should expect better out of a president.

I find it refreshing.

I can't take too seriously someone that finds hyperbole as a valid action towards the problems we face.

Really? Were you just as concerned when Obama claimed his election would lead to the oceans would stop rising, and the planet would heal"?

I was using a form of rebuttal you said you support and enjoy seeing.

I find it refreshing.

Really? Were you just as concerned when Obama claimed his election would lead to the oceans would stop rising, and the planet would heal"?

Have you not read any of my posts concerning Obama? I supported very little of what he did.

That's not hyperbole, that's an accusation of racism.

Either back it up or take it back.

I find it refreshing.

Have you not read any of my posts concerning Obama? I supported very little of what he did.

Then why do you care about Trump's hyperbole?

It was a vast generalization. Another form of the type of argument you said you support.

What right does Trump have to condemn free speech in the NFL while condemning colleges for doing the same?

You're either the stupidest person on this board or the most dishonest. The president has the same right to freely express his opinions about the behavior of lowlifes like Kaepernick as anybody else. The president did not condemn free speech, you dope . He freely expressed his contempt for the content of their speech!

I find it refreshing.

Do I need to take this to an elementary level?

I did NOT support when Obama did it so why would I support Trump doing it? Is that simple enough?

It was a vast generalization. Another form of the type of argument you said you support.

No, you made a specific accusation, now back it up or take it back.

I find it refreshing.

I did NOT support when Obama did it so why would I support Trump doing it? Is that simple enough?

Ah one of those "stand in the middle of the road, get hit by traffic in both directions" viewpoints.

Good luck with that.

LOL Do you need a safe space now?

Ah one of those "stand in the middle of the road, get hit by traffic in both directions" viewpoints.

Good luck with that.

It is frustrating having actual principles when few others do.

LOL Do you need a safe space now?

The outer limits!!!!
giphy.gif

Guess Trump gets to decide what speech he will protect

He didn’t protect free speech in the NFL

Disrespecting the US flag and National Anthem isn't free speech, its an insult to those who died in-service to the country.
It has nothing to do with BLM.
Neither is antifa rioting "free speech"
Nor is hitting conservatives with pies "free speech"
Nor is indoctrinating college kids into liberalism using grades as leverage "free speech"
Why do you have a problem presenting both liberalism and conservatism fairly, since tax dollars are involved?
"Disrespecting the US flag and National Anthem isn't free speech, its an insult to those who died in-service to the country. "

It is free speech and those who serve, died or not, do so to protect that right.

Liberal arts includes women's studies.

It's not Republicans complaining about it, its the people getting the degrees and finding out business owners don't want them, or at least don't want them at the salary they are expecting.

Let’s see Logic 101

Liberal Arts includes Women’s Studies, therefore all Liberal Arts degrees are Women’s Studies degrees

I bet that it will almost never come up at conservatives schools. Because conservatives don't form mobs to use violence to suppress the speech of their enemies.

And that "almost" is just me covering my ass. I suspect it will NEVER come up at a conservative school.

A Texas teacher sued the state after losing her job for refusing to sign a pro-Israel contract

Interesting conflict between state law and personal beliefs.

Meanwhile, at lib schools when conservatives try to speak.

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

So, you support the use of street violence, against your political enemies.

Sometimes. Is that not what we did in Boston on December 16, 1773?

THank you for your honesty. So many of your lib buddies here, lie about that.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

Or is that too much even for an honest left like you?

My lib buddies? Who is it that often times notes

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

So, you believe that we fought for independence to stop the British use of free speech against us?

Keep it in the realm of the topic. I've seen no one (other than those on this forum) claim that they accept violence to silence those they disagree with. However, we have actual deeds in the real world by the left over the past few years of leftists using violence to try and silence those they disagree with.

You have some clown here in this thread, taking statements out of context to try and say that speech itself is violence.

Interesting conflict between state law and personal beliefs.

Meanwhile, at lib schools when conservatives try to speak.

Sometimes it takes riots. It took riots to get blacks equal rights. It took riots to get us out of Vietnam. The founders understood that.

So, you support the use of street violence, against your political enemies.

Sometimes. Is that not what we did in Boston on December 16, 1773?

THank you for your honesty. So many of your lib buddies here, lie about that.

So, are you going to be honest enough to admit that with people like you, and mobs like Antifa, that Trump's move is completely called for?

Or is that too much even for an honest left like you?

My lib buddies? Who is it that often times notes

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

So, you believe that we fought for independence to stop the British use of free speech against us?

Keep it in the realm of the topic. I've seen no one (other than those on this forum) claim that they accept violence to silence those they disagree with. However, we have actual deeds in the real world by the left over the past few years of leftists using violence to try and silence those they disagree with.

You have some clown here in this thread, taking statements out of context to try and say that speech itself is violence.

"So, you believe that we fought for independence to stop the British use of free speech against us?"

We had First Amendment rights before the Constitution was ratified?

That aside, violence is neither free speech nor protected by the Constitution.

Forum List

Back