Trump Pardons Convicted War Criminals

They weren't top terrorists. Until proven otherwise, the soldier was captured. Are we supposed to abandon our soldiers based on rumors?

Evidently war is a valid excuse to drive a soldier to murder but war is not an excuse to become mentally ill.

Released%20for%20Bergdahl-L.jpg

And what crimes did those guys commit against the United States?

There were only two legal rational to hold these guys. One, that they committed Crimes against Americans. They didn't.

The other that they were prisoners of war, which means they were entitled to rights under the Geneva Conventions as leaders of a hostile faction.

The Afghan Government requested their release because they felt they could help bring the Taliban to the negotiating table.

So you are okay with spies in the military?

I'm okay with Whistleblowers letting us know when the Government is lying to us.

A civilian court would have acquitted Manning.
I spent time in the military , I know the UCMJ. Bradley Manning committed a crime and should never have been pardoned. That is why we have a UCMJ. I agreed with you once Joe, but keep this up and we will be at it again.

Now, just to show I am fair, I really don't have a problem with this....

Handing out murder convictions in a war zone is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Trump Pardons 2 Service Members Accused Of War Crimes And Restores Another's Rank

President Trump has issued pardons for two Army officers accused of war crimes in Afghanistan and restored the rank of a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder in Iraq.

"For more than two hundred years, presidents have used their authority to offer second chances to deserving individuals, including those in uniform who have served our country," said White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham in a statement released late Friday. "These actions are in keeping with this long history."

The officers include 1st Lt. Clint Lorance who has served six years of a 19-year sentence on two charges of second-degree murder and obstruction of justice after ordering his soldiers to open fire on three unarmed men in Afghanistan, killing two of them. He had been convicted in 2013.

The other pardoned officer is Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, a West Point graduate, who was awaiting trial for allegedly murdering a suspected Afghan bombmaker in 2010. The trial was scheduled for next year
Well to be fair I’ve never questioned your fairness. Your stunning lack of intelligence on the other hand...

I agree with Trump. These guys volunteered, went thru the tough training programs, went to war, maybe had a lapse in judgment, went to prison, and should not have to be punished for the rest of their lives for temporarily crossing the line in a war zone. We don't want our soldiers to have to lawyer-up before going into combat. The fucking terrorists started the shit, so what happens happens. The troops now know that Trump has their back.
Good to know that you are ok with civilians been killed in cold blood.
In war citizens of other countries are killed in cold blood. You have no problem when Obama droned them.

The OP is worried about a few men......while supporting the growing number of Americans killed by ILLEGALS......

This blood is on the hands of ALL who vote Democrat or approve of Sanctuary cities

Illegal immigrant arrested in deadly Oregon crash fled to Mexico after jail didn't honor ICE hold request
https://www.foxnews.com/us/illegal-immigrant-oregon-crash-mexico-street-racing-hold-request

"All that is required for "good men" to die at the hands of evil men, is for good men to do nothing"

Funny how a libtard will see feminine men as "real men" while those men are toxic to masculinity. Anthony Weiner(Carlos Danger), Bill "the rapist" Clinton, Harvey (Wallbanging) Weinstein, Jeffery "The dead" Epstein, and many other liberal "real" men are toxic to women and the left just cant pull their heads out of their asses to see it.

th04STRRXQ.jpg

Just protecting our troops
We set the moral standing high bar

Looking he other way doesn’t cut it

President Donald Trump is protecting our troops by changing the insane Rules of Engagement put in place by failed former President Barack Hussein Obama. Now our troops can protect themselves.

The fact is that human beings have rules even in war. Animals just kill and kill everyone in a war. The Nazis especially the SS and Gestapo killed both the enemy and innocent civilians. Apparently that is what you want our soldiers to become. Real soldiers do not kill people who are fleeing or people who are too wounded to be a threat. It was real soldiers who reported and testified against Lorance. The next President should kick his ass out.

WOW, you aren't just naive, you are INCREDIBLY NAIVE!

Funny how a libtard will see feminine men as "real men" while those men are toxic to masculinity. Anthony Weiner(Carlos Danger), Bill "the rapist" Clinton, Harvey (Wallbanging) Weinstein, Jeffery "The dead" Epstein, and many other liberal "real" men are toxic to women and the left just cant pull their heads out of their asses to see it.

View attachment 290799
Funny how Trumpettes view
WHAT IS A WAR CRIME?
mutual agreements?

How many war crimes have the ISIS mutually agreed they have committed? And the number and degree of their punishments? Any demotions? What about prison terms they have put their guys in for killing innocent people.

OH YEAH.

I FERGOT.

There are NO innocent people in the eyes of Radical Muslims.

So are you insinuating we lower ourselves to their level?

Answer the question, Bunky. How many war crimes have the ISIS mutually agreed they have committed? And the number and degree of their punishments? Any demotions? What about prison terms they have put any of their guys in for killing innocent people?

I'm not insinuating anything except that we WIN WARS and stop putting ourselves at every disadvantage while giving the enemy every advantage. Doing that doesn't come within a LIGHT YEAR of lowering ourselves to "their level." We don't have to destroy our own best people for every little thing that goes wrong or for every mistake made on the battlefield just to prove to ourselves we are on the moral high ground! Cause guess what, Bunky, THEY DON'T FUCKING CARE. They will just keep coming killing our people.
Still expect our troops to act like ISIS?

Now, just to show I am fair, I really don't have a problem with this....

Handing out murder convictions in a war zone is like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500.

Trump Pardons 2 Service Members Accused Of War Crimes And Restores Another's Rank

President Trump has issued pardons for two Army officers accused of war crimes in Afghanistan and restored the rank of a Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder in Iraq.

"For more than two hundred years, presidents have used their authority to offer second chances to deserving individuals, including those in uniform who have served our country," said White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham in a statement released late Friday. "These actions are in keeping with this long history."

The officers include 1st Lt. Clint Lorance who has served six years of a 19-year sentence on two charges of second-degree murder and obstruction of justice after ordering his soldiers to open fire on three unarmed men in Afghanistan, killing two of them. He had been convicted in 2013.

The other pardoned officer is Maj. Matthew Golsteyn, a West Point graduate, who was awaiting trial for allegedly murdering a suspected Afghan bombmaker in 2010. The trial was scheduled for next year
"Now, just to show I am fair, I really don't have a problem with this...."
But somehow your going to bitch about it anyway and calling the soldiers in question war criminals is a good start.

View attachment 290799
Funny how Trumpettes view
WHAT IS A WAR CRIME?
mutual agreements?

How many war crimes have the ISIS mutually agreed they have committed? And the number and degree of their punishments? Any demotions? What about prison terms they have put their guys in for killing innocent people.

OH YEAH.

I FERGOT.

There are NO innocent people in the eyes of Radical Muslims.

So are you insinuating we lower ourselves to their level?

Answer the question, Bunky. How many war crimes have the ISIS mutually agreed they have committed? And the number and degree of their punishments? Any demotions? What about prison terms they have put any of their guys in for killing innocent people?

I'm not insinuating anything except that we WIN WARS and stop putting ourselves at every disadvantage while giving the enemy every advantage. Doing that doesn't come within a LIGHT YEAR of lowering ourselves to "their level." We don't have to destroy our own best people for every little thing that goes wrong or for every mistake made on the battlefield just to prove to ourselves we are on the moral high ground! Cause guess what, Bunky, THEY DON'T FUCKING CARE. They will just keep coming killing our people.
Still expect our troops to act like ISIS?
Back in the day of Rome, when the savages went up against the Romans, did the Romans who were civilized, fight a war and used the Geneva Convention on their prisoners?

I spent time in the military , I know the UCMJ. Bradley Manning committed a crime and should never have been pardoned. That is why we have a UCMJ. I agreed with you once Joe, but keep this up and we will be at it again.

He wasn't pardoned, his sentence was commuted.

Sorry you don't see the difference.

One more time... he didn't expose information to the enemy, he exposed it to the American People, who were being lied to.

The army kept lowering the standards to keep fighting a war on an emotional state, and they ended up with guys like Bergdahl and Manning, people who never, ever should have been enlisted to start with.

Forum List

Back