Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

Trump lies on a daily baisis, I don't believe the words coming out of his mouth so I'm asking to see the data from the actual agreement, you can't seem to produce it.

To answer your question, no I don't think it's ok for China to take no actions until 2030, though I haven't seen evidence showing that statement to be true either.
I posted this, did you not read it?

Why didn't you answer why China doesn't do anything with their emissions until 2030? Can't answer that? 8 billion to China and other third worlds. It was explained in Trump's speech yesterday, go read the transcript.

here:

"Ensuring finance
In the Paris Agreement, the developed countries reaffirmed the commitment to mobilize $100 billion a year in climate finance by 2020, and agreed to continue mobilizing finance at the level of $100 billion a year until 2025.[42] The commitment refers to the pre-existing plan to provide US$100 billion a year in aid to developing countries for actions on climate change adaptation and mitigation.[43]

Though both mitigation and adaptation require increased climate financing, adaptation has typically received lower levels of support and has mobilised less action from the private sector.[40] A 2014 report by the OECD found that just 16 percent of global finance was directed toward climate adaptation in 2014.[44] The Paris Agreement called for a balance of climate finance between adaptation and mitigation, and specifically underscoring the need to increase adaptation support for parties most vulnerable to the effects of climate change, including Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States. The agreement also reminds parties of the importance of public grants, because adaptation measures receive less investment from the public sector.[40] John Kerry, as Secretary of State, announced that grant-based adaptation finance would double by 2020.[28]

Some specific outcomes of the elevated attention to adaptation financing in Paris include the G7 countries' announcement to provide US $420 million for Climate Risk Insurance, and the launching of a Climate Risk and Early Warning Systems (CREWS) Initiative.[45] In early March 2016, the Obama administration gave a $500 million grant to the "Green Climate Fund" as "the first chunk of a $3 billion commitment made at the Paris climate talks."[46][47] [52]So far, the Green Climate Fund has now received over $10 billion in pledges. Notably, the pledges come from developed nations like France, the US, and Japan, but also from developing countries such as Mexico, Indonesia, and Vietnam.[28]"

why do you have difficulty looking up things on google?

Global_emissions_country_2015.png

wow.
Thanks, that's a good start but I still don't see where an allocation of funds are directed towards china and Russia
I never said they were.

BTW, here for the other China 2030 piece you didn't know about:

China is working to reach its emissions peak before 2030 deadline, analyst says

"China may aim for an earlier greenhouse gas emissions peak before its 2030 deadline, putting a greater onus on Australia to work with its key trading partner on renewable energy rather than fossil fuels, says a leading Chinese analyst."
Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like the talking point I've heard all day, that China doesn't have to do anything until 2030. It sounds like they set an emissions goal that they are going to work towards reaching by 2030. Isn't that how things work?
You're wrong. They are free to increase emissions until 2030.
he didn't understand that peak thing. I quit while I was a head. get it, a head?

I never said they were.

"China may aim for an earlier greenhouse gas emissions peak before its 2030 deadline, putting a greater onus on Australia to work with its key trading partner on renewable energy rather than fossil fuels, says a leading Chinese analyst."
Thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like the talking point I've heard all day, that China doesn't have to do anything until 2030. It sounds like they set an emissions goal that they are going to work towards reaching by 2030. Isn't that how things work?
yep 2030. so, they again are allowed to take our manufacturing jobs. you fool. but hey, why should you give a fk about an american family, eh?
What are you talking about? They are allowed to do what ever they want and we are allowed to do whatever we want... It was a non binding agreement. But it was better than nothing, it was at least a collaborative effort to reduce pollution and emissions. It had flaws, thats fine, work on the flaws, don't pack up your bag and go home. Thats not, in my opinion how a respectable world leader should act.
and trump choose to get out. why are you all upset then?
because the Trumpbots are cheering a cheap meaningless toss of his golden shit to them?

Why would you care if it's meaningless?

Thanks, that's a good start but I still don't see where an allocation of funds are directed towards china and Russia
I never said they were.

yep 2030. so, they again are allowed to take our manufacturing jobs. you fool. but hey, why should you give a fk about an american family, eh?
What are you talking about? They are allowed to do what ever they want and we are allowed to do whatever we want... It was a non binding agreement. But it was better than nothing, it was at least a collaborative effort to reduce pollution and emissions. It had flaws, thats fine, work on the flaws, don't pack up your bag and go home. Thats not, in my opinion how a respectable world leader should act.
BTW, we have infrastructures that need help for the next decade. We will get that going with that money.
I hope so... And I hope clean water plants and clean energy is part of that infrastructure investment.

I never said they were.

because the Trumpbots are cheering a cheap meaningless toss of his golden shit to them?
huh?

I never said they were.

BTW, we have infrastructures that need help for the next decade. We will get that going with that money.
I hope so... And I hope clean water plants and clean energy is part of that infrastructure investment.
they are, just without all the regulation bullshit. you should really invest some time and learn what is what in our country.

Trump lies on a daily baisis, I don't believe the words coming out of his mouth so I'm asking to see the data from the actual agreement, you can't seem to produce it.

To answer your question, no I don't think it's ok for China to take no actions until 2030, though I haven't seen evidence showing that statement to be true either.

Why didn't you answer why China doesn't do anything with their emissions until 2030? Can't answer that? 8 billion to China and other third worlds. It was explained in Trump's speech yesterday, go read the transcript.

here:

"Ensuring finance
In the Paris Agreement, the developed countries reaffirmed the commitment to mobilize $100 billion a year in climate finance by 2020, and agreed to continue mobilizing finance at the level of $100 billion a year until 2025.[42] The commitment refers to the pre-existing plan to provide US$100 billion a year in aid to developing countries for actions on climate change adaptation and mitigation.[43]

Though both mitigation and adaptation require increased climate financing, adaptation has typically received lower levels of support and has mobilised less action from the private sector.[40] A 2014 report by the OECD found that just 16 percent of global finance was directed toward climate adaptation in 2014.[44] The Paris Agreement called for a balance of climate finance between adaptation and mitigation, and specifically underscoring the need to increase adaptation support for parties most vulnerable to the effects of climate change, including Least Developed Countries and Small Island Developing States. The agreement also reminds parties of the importance of public grants, because adaptation measures receive less investment from the public sector.[40] John Kerry, as Secretary of State, announced that grant-based adaptation finance would double by 2020.[28]

Some specific outcomes of the elevated attention to adaptation financing in Paris include the G7 countries' announcement to provide US $420 million for Climate Risk Insurance, and the launching of a Climate Risk and Early Warning Systems (CREWS) Initiative.[45] In early March 2016, the Obama administration gave a $500 million grant to the "Green Climate Fund" as "the first chunk of a $3 billion commitment made at the Paris climate talks."[46][47] [52]So far, the Green Climate Fund has now received over $10 billion in pledges. Notably, the pledges come from developed nations like France, the US, and Japan, but also from developing countries such as Mexico, Indonesia, and Vietnam.[28]"

wow.
I never said they were.

Where does it say that? That sounds like a spun narrative from the right. The agreement, if you look at the words, says that they have set emissions goals that they are aiming to reach by 2030. The article that JC posted actually says that they are going to try and reach them before 2030 which means a gradual decrease. It is the same thing we committed to do from now till 2025.

I'm not upset... I'm disappointed and a little embarrassed that our president acts like a child. But he has the right to do what he wants to do, i can respect that. I just hope it yields positive results at the end of 4 years.
So, acting like an adult means putting our heads in a noose? Agreeing to a swindle?
No, don't be a drama queen

wow.
I never said they were.

Where does it say that? That sounds like a spun narrative from the right. The agreement, if you look at the words, says that they have set emissions goals that they are aiming to reach by 2030. The article that JC posted actually says that they are going to try and reach them before 2030 which means a gradual decrease. It is the same thing we committed to do from now till 2025.
here further info from that same document:

"Australia’s environment minister, Greg Hunt, has compared Australia’s emissions reduction target favourably with China’s. He said last week that China was “a country with up to a 150% increase in emissions” between 2005 and 2030."

BTW, peak emissions was the peak of their CO2 limit. you didn't know that. you didn't read the article. you should have.

You fools really think Reagan would be cool with Trump giving Trump an OK to his thumbs up to Putin to have another go at Ukraine and the Baltic Republics too?

wow.
I never said they were.

he didn't understand that peak thing. I quit while I was a head. get it, a head?

You don't stop the titanic and go the opposite direction immediately... Just like our national deficit and debt...

“A 2030 peak is very ambitious, it’s very challenging,” said Qi. “I think most people underestimate how challenging that is. Everyone wants China to have an earlier peak but no one wants it more than China itself.”

China will introduce a national emissions trading scheme in 2017 and will try to ensure its emissions peak even as 82 million of its people live on less than $1 a day.

Australia’s environment minister, Greg Hunt, has compared Australia’s emissions reduction target favourably with China’s. He said last week that China was “a country with up to a 150% increase in emissions” between 2005 and 2030.

I never said they were.

You don't stop the titanic and go the opposite direction immediately... Just like our national deficit and debt...

“A 2030 peak is very ambitious, it’s very challenging,” said Qi. “I think most people underestimate how challenging that is. Everyone wants China to have an earlier peak but no one wants it more than China itself.”

China will introduce a national emissions trading scheme in 2017 and will try to ensure its emissions peak even as 82 million of its people live on less than $1 a day.

Australia’s environment minister, Greg Hunt, has compared Australia’s emissions reduction target favourably with China’s. He said last week that China was “a country with up to a 150% increase in emissions” between 2005 and 2030.
again, you don't seem to understand the word 'peak'

Now all the deniers are denying the Accord's agreements.

Kids, we are not going to walk away from the Accord until November 2020. Tough that you don't like it.

Now all the deniers are denying the Accord's agreements.

Kids, we are not going to walk away from the Accord until November 2020. Tough that you don't like it.
seems you are bubba. but I'm not surprised. you've been lost for quite some time.

Forum List

Back