Trump Removed from Maine Primary Ballot

There were two civil war cases of people removed from their office because of the 14th. One was done by the county election board, the other by the postmaster general. An appeal of the removal (due process) had the courts uphold the removals.
I don't know what these fucking morons imagine due process to mean but it basically means you get to have your day in court and face your accusers. That can be a criminal court, a civil court or in these cases a hearing to determine eligibility. Trump got that. He lost. Losing isn't a violation of his due process rights.

Votes were thrown out

On Wednesday, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach, met the 2 p.m. ET deadline set by Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris for each to explain why new hand-count tallies submitted after the deadline should replace earlier machine recount totals.
No stupid, votes counted. Votes submitted after the deadline were not allowed to replace legal votes.

Wrong. The 14th requirement that the candidate not have committed insurrection, is no different than the candidate being a natural born citizen.

You should note that a felony conviction in ho way disqualifies someone from the presidential office.

Why would a conviction be necessary, if a felony conviction doesn't disqualify.

It's not the conviction, it's the actions the person performed.
Wrong. Congress can waive the insurrection nonsense, they cannot waive the natural born requirement. Your comprehension of the Constitution is lacking.

Update

Maine Secretary of State Gleefully Explains Why She Unilaterally Barred Trump From 2024 Ballot….and It’s Worse Than You Think (VIDEO)​

Bellows appeared on MSNBC where she gleefully explained how she concluded Trump is not qualified to be on the 2024 ballot.

“So, I was duty-bound to follow Maine law, to ensure the candidates – all the candidates who appear on the primary ballot are qualified for the office they seek,” Bellows said.

"I could not, unfortunately—or fortunately—wait for the Supreme Court to make a decision,” Bellows said. “I smile because we were number one for voter turnout per capita in 2022…”

CNN conceded Bellows, who isn’t a lawyer, made her decision to unilaterally bar Trump the ballot based on YouTube clips.

“She based her ruling on YouTube clips, news reports, things that would never pass the bar in normal court. She’s not a lawyer, by the way,” CNN senior legal analyst Elie Honig said.

On Thursday night, State Representative John Andrews (R-Paris) filed a request with the Maine Revisor’s Office for a Joint Order to impeach Secretary of State Shenna Bellows.

No different than Ken Lay is presumed innocent, and not convicted of six counts of securities and wire fraud.

That while you don't give a shit about Pedo Joe's crime family.

When you come up with ONE standard and not you are pure as the driven snow and your enemies are the devil let me know. Your pure obvious double standards are not even interesting, MAGA man

I don't know what these fucking morons imagine due process to mean but it basically means you get to have your day in court and face your accusers. That can be a criminal court, a civil court or in these cases a hearing to determine eligibility. Trump got that. He lost. Losing isn't a violation of his due process rights.
In Colorado, Trump got his "due process" all the way to the highest court in the state.
In Maine, Trump will appeal (due process) the decision.
As I pointed out in two civil war cases, where a county election board and the postmaster general made the call.

They think the courts should make the decision, even though in those cases, the courts role upheld the decisions.

No stupid, votes counted. Votes submitted after the deadline were not allowed to replace legal votes.
SO you admit you lied that the votes arriving late weren't "THROWN OUT"

They were in the legal possession of the Secretary of State, and she THREW THEM OUT.

Wrong. Congress can waive the insurrection nonsense, they cannot waive the natural born requirement. Your comprehension of the Constitution is lacking.
The congressional waiver is written into the 14th amendment ONLY.
It doesn't apply to any other requirement for office. Unless 3/4ths of the states ratify it as a constitutional amendment.

The congressional waiver is written into the 14th amendment ONLY.
It doesn't apply to any other requirement for office. Unless 3/4ths of the states ratify it as a constitutional amendment.
Which means not anything like the natural born citizen requirement. Stop lying.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
In Colorado, Trump got his "due process" all the way to the highest court in the state.
In Maine, Trump will appeal (due process) the decision.
As I pointed out in two civil war cases, where a county election board and the postmaster general made the call.

They think the courts should make the decision, even though in those cases, the courts role upheld the decisions.

Due process again is not a job credential. Fail, MAGA man. Trump had no jury, was not able to defend himself, compel withesses, he did not get due process.

I get you're an idiot and won't grasp that, but others may, lying racist sack of shit

Oh look, ECB turns out to be just yet another enraged idiot who doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Yes, Maine's Secretary of State absolutely has that power according to Maine's laws.

Under Maine law, voters can petition the secretary of state with challenges to a candidate's qualifications for office, and then a public hearing is held where the challengers must make their case.
Sooooo. According to you when was this public hearing held and what were the points each side made?

To Democrats the Constitution is a hammer when they want it and toilet paper when they don't
images.png

He can also vote for Mickey Mouse. Is that what you mean?

If I had a classified document of an attack plan on Iran and the FBI found it in my house, I'd be in prison! Is that what you mean?

I've never sworn an oath of office so even if I did participate in a Jan 6th style insurrection I would still be eligible as a Presidential candidate. Is that what you mean?
1. You aren't a former President.
2. Trump never ordered or participated in an insurrection.

You can keep calling a riot an insurrection, but you're just prolonging your appearance as an ignorant fool.

Forum List

Back