Trump reverses course, says it's 'too soon' for Georgia Gov. Kemp to reopen state

1. the virus is no where near as deadly as they originally told us. (less than .5% mortality rate,
Your numbers are nowhere near close to correct.

So far it is ESTIMATED to be 1.5-3% mortality. That number will likely come down...to 1% as more testing is done.

That is a HORRIFIC number of deaths if we let it run wild

Horrific? 60 thousand out of 330 million? About the same number that die of flu every year, fewer than die of car accidents, and ten times fewer than die from abortion. Any death from an invader virus is terrible, but we need to keep this in perspective. The wizards from the medical world originally told us 1 million americans could die from this virus. Were they wrong or were they lying? Why did China ban domestic travel but allow travel from Wuhan to the entire world? We need to get the real facts on this thing before running up the mountain screaming "the sky is falling"

60,000 die from the flu each year. This has killed 60,000 in two months. Just stop with the flu comparison bullshit. This is NOTHING like the flu.

in terms of mortality rates it is very much like the flu.

How many lives were lost to abortions since January? More than from the virus by a large margin, but those lives mean nothing to you, right?

Next, of the deaths that have been attributed to the virus, how many of those people would have died anyway due to their underlying medical conditions? Answer that and then we can talk about the virus sensibly. But you can't because there is no way to know, so we just count all of them as virus deaths. Does that really make sense to you?
No, idiot, in terms of mortality it is much, much worse.

Comparing COVID-19 Deaths to Flu Deaths Is like Comparing Apples to Oranges

By now you have probably seen people explaining that, “Actually, the coronavirus pandemic is not much different from the flu and all of this fuss is just a big overreaction.”
Or, “More people die in car accidents every year and you don’t see us shutting down auto travel, you big bunch of ninnies.”
It’s hard to know whether these arguments are just partisan bs meant to alibi Donald Trump, or if they are serious beliefs resulting from a misunderstanding of data.
Since it's you, fishy, it's probably both.

One of the mistakes being made by people who think that COVID-19 is “just like the flu” is that they don’t actually understand the reported death numbers for either virus.
The number most often cited for annual flu deaths is 60,000. This number is a composite. It includes a relatively small number of deaths directly ascribed to influenza (meaning, there was a positive flu-test involved) PLUS a much larger number of deaths from pneumonia, where it is assumed that because flu-like symptoms were present, the influenza virus was likely at play.
This is the exact opposite of how we’ve been tabulating COVID-19 deaths.
So right from the beginning, the COVID-19 and flu death numbers are apples and oranges:
  • The “flu death” numbers are mostly deaths that we assume are related to influenza, even though only a small minority of them were proven to have influenza present.
    • The COVID-19 numbers are made up only of deaths that have an accompanying positive test for coronavirus and leave out deaths from COVID-19 like symptoms.
The people that died, died of COVID 19. Their underlying condition didn't kill them, COVID did.

from your cite
The number most often cited for annual flu deaths is 60,000. This number is a composite. It includes a relatively small number of deaths directly ascribed to influenza (meaning, there was a positive flu-test involved) PLUS a much larger number of deaths from pneumonia, where it is assumed that because flu-like symptoms were present, the influenza virus was likely at play.

exactly the same as what is being done with the virus counts.

but you are free to live the rest of your life in your basement, going out is voluntary, not mandatory.
Wrong, imbecile. They are NOT doing with COVID what the do with the flu. Anyone listed as a COVID death tested positive for COVID 19. That is not true of influenza deaths.

yes, anyone who died and tested positive for covid is listed as dying BECAUSE of covid. The real cause of death could have been heart attack, cancer, flu, kidney failure, lung disease, obesity, or anything else, if they had covid in their system when they died------------covid killed them. Its bullshit designed to get morons like you to follow their orders like idiotic sheep, and its working.

Depending on where the death took place, people who never tested positive for Covid are also being listed as Covid-related based on assumptions.
Yea they show up DOA at the emergency room suffering with a acute breathing issues and high temps and there is not enough tests

that’s covid

A nursing home has 53 dead and EVERY OneI in the facility including staff has Covid

that’s Covid

1. the virus is no where near as deadly as they originally told us. (less than .5% mortality rate,

So far it is ESTIMATED to be 1.5-3% mortality. That number will likely come down...to 1% as more testing is done.

Horrific? 60 thousand out of 330 million? About the same number that die of flu every year, fewer than die of car accidents, and ten times fewer than die from abortion. Any death from an invader virus is terrible, but we need to keep this in perspective. The wizards from the medical world originally told us 1 million americans could die from this virus. Were they wrong or were they lying? Why did China ban domestic travel but allow travel from Wuhan to the entire world? We need to get the real facts on this thing before running up the mountain screaming "the sky is falling"

60,000 die from the flu each year. This has killed 60,000 in two months. Just stop with the flu comparison bullshit. This is NOTHING like the flu.

How many lives were lost to abortions since January? More than from the virus by a large margin, but those lives mean nothing to you, right?

Next, of the deaths that have been attributed to the virus, how many of those people would have died anyway due to their underlying medical conditions? Answer that and then we can talk about the virus sensibly. But you can't because there is no way to know, so we just count all of them as virus deaths. Does that really make sense to you?

By now you have probably seen people explaining that, “Actually, the coronavirus pandemic is not much different from the flu and all of this fuss is just a big overreaction.”
Or, “More people die in car accidents every year and you don’t see us shutting down auto travel, you big bunch of ninnies.”
It’s hard to know whether these arguments are just partisan bs meant to alibi Donald Trump, or if they are serious beliefs resulting from a misunderstanding of data.

One of the mistakes being made by people who think that COVID-19 is “just like the flu” is that they don’t actually understand the reported death numbers for either virus.
So right from the beginning, the COVID-19 and flu death numbers are apples and oranges:
  • The “flu death” numbers are mostly deaths that we assume are related to influenza, even though only a small minority of them were proven to have influenza present.
    • The COVID-19 numbers are made up only of deaths that have an accompanying positive test for coronavirus and leave out deaths from COVID-19 like symptoms.
The people that died, died of COVID 19. Their underlying condition didn't kill them, COVID did.

from your cite

but you are free to live the rest of your life in your basement, going out is voluntary, not mandatory.
Wrong, imbecile. They are NOT doing with COVID what the do with the flu. Anyone listed as a COVID death tested positive for COVID 19. That is not true of influenza deaths.

Wrong, useful idiot. It's already been established and proven that they ARE marking deaths as "Covid-19" that weren't actually from Covid-19, and the fact that you so slavishly wanted to believe that the facts supported your treasured panic that you didn't bother to find out for sure doesn't mean anything except that you're the slave to agenda we always knew you were.

Wrong, you diseased dripping slit. Every person who is attributed to have died due to COVID 19 have tested positive for COVID 19. That is not true of people who are ascribed to flue deaths. (as the provided data points out even clearly enough for Trump butt sniffers)

Awww, Seabiscuit, why so bitter? Did someone interrupt your little fantasy where everything you want to believe is perfect and true and uttered by glowing unicorns with rainbow tails? GOOD. And since I love reminding you what a scorned nothing you are in the real world, let me just add this:

Colorado, by contrast, has included some deaths where the disease caused by the novel coronavirus was deemed probable — based on symptoms and possible exposure — but not confirmed through a test.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its website this week to explicitly say that cases where the infection was not confirmed by a test may now be counted.

So much for your "EVERY death was tested" assertion. Feel free to piss off to wherever lifelong losers go.

That only happened when? Before the provided graph was produced...that still shows this virus to be considerably more deadly than the flu. This is worse than the flu. Get that through your Trump loving skulls before your ignorance kills you or someone else.

"Well, I'm disputing THIS point, and never mind that you didn't say it, I win the argument I decided we were having!"

Whenever you get done talking to the voices in your head about what you WISH I was saying, perhaps you could get around to addressing the fact that YOUR assertion that all deaths attributed to Covid-19 were tested has been trashed.

I won't hold my breath, since I know how hard honesty is for you to achieve.
No, you didn't "trash" anything. You showed that one state out of 50 were listing "some deaths" without testing. Sorry but that doesn't make COVID anything like the flu.

from your cite

Wrong, useful idiot. It's already been established and proven that they ARE marking deaths as "Covid-19" that weren't actually from Covid-19, and the fact that you so slavishly wanted to believe that the facts supported your treasured panic that you didn't bother to find out for sure doesn't mean anything except that you're the slave to agenda we always knew you were.

Wrong, you diseased dripping slit. Every person who is attributed to have died due to COVID 19 have tested positive for COVID 19. That is not true of people who are ascribed to flue deaths. (as the provided data points out even clearly enough for Trump butt sniffers)

Awww, Seabiscuit, why so bitter? Did someone interrupt your little fantasy where everything you want to believe is perfect and true and uttered by glowing unicorns with rainbow tails? GOOD. And since I love reminding you what a scorned nothing you are in the real world, let me just add this:

Colorado, by contrast, has included some deaths where the disease caused by the novel coronavirus was deemed probable — based on symptoms and possible exposure — but not confirmed through a test.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its website this week to explicitly say that cases where the infection was not confirmed by a test may now be counted.

So much for your "EVERY death was tested" assertion. Feel free to piss off to wherever lifelong losers go.

That only happened when? Before the provided graph was produced...that still shows this virus to be considerably more deadly than the flu. This is worse than the flu. Get that through your Trump loving skulls before your ignorance kills you or someone else.

"Well, I'm disputing THIS point, and never mind that you didn't say it, I win the argument I decided we were having!"

Whenever you get done talking to the voices in your head about what you WISH I was saying, perhaps you could get around to addressing the fact that YOUR assertion that all deaths attributed to Covid-19 were tested has been trashed.

No, you didn't "trash" anything. You showed that one state out of 50 were listing "some deaths" without testing. Sorry but that doesn't make COVID anything like the flu.

Well, since - as I've already pointed out - I never SAID Covid-19 was like the flu, it's not surprising that I didn't trash your argument which you never made on a topic we never discussed, you lying ignoramus.

What I DID trash was your assertion that every death attributed to Covid-19 was on a person who had tested positive for Covid-19, and the fact that you keep trying to talk about a conversation that never happened instead just tells me that you know perfectly well that you were full of shit, and you're too big a lying sack of a shit to just admit it.

Oh Jesus Christ

Sometimes...that is all you can say. Its troubling that the blob has turned people into these nitwits who think economic matters trump matters of life and death.

Trump didn't create any nitwits, honey; you were already a nitwit long before he came on the scene. Case in point, your bullshit claim that this is a binary between "economics or death". There is not any point about that which can be discussed by rational people - ie. not you - and NOT result in it being a complete pile of nothing designed to do no more than allow shitstains like you to feel like good people without actually having to BE good people.

Let me just cut right to the chase and tell you straight out: you are not a good person. You do not bring good into anyone's life in any way, shape, or form. You add no value to the world by existing. And you do not in any way deserve to ever, EVER feel good about yourself.

Now perhaps you will take your little empty slogan and move the fuck along so that a real discussion can take place. And take Lush with you.

Let me just cut right to the chase and tell you straight out: you are not a good person. You do not bring good into anyone's life in any way, shape, or form. You add no value to the world by existing. And you do not in any way deserve to ever, EVER feel good about yourself.
Funny...I was thinking those exact thoughts about you

Last edited:

from your cite

Well, since - as I've already pointed out - I never SAID Covid-19 was like the flu, it's not surprising that I didn't trash your argument which you never made on a topic we never discussed, you lying ignoramus.

What I DID trash was your assertion that every death attributed to Covid-19 was on a person who had tested positive for Covid-19, and the fact that you keep trying to talk about a conversation that never happened instead just tells me that you know perfectly well that you were full of shit, and you're too big a lying sack of a shit to just admit it.
You’re right it was Red Herring that said it’s like the flu, you just stuck your nose into the conversation trying to defend his ridiculous argument.

One state listing some deaths without testing doesn’t equal you trashing anything. You ARE trash, but that’s irrelevant.

from your cite

You’re right it was Red Herring that said it’s like the flu, you just stuck your nose into the conversation trying to defend his ridiculous argument.

One state listing some deaths without testing doesn’t equal you trashing anything. You ARE trash, but that’s irrelevant.

you are correct seabitchey, its not like the flu, its much more like the common cold which is also a corona virus and which also has no known cure.

this virus, like every other illness known to humanity, is more dangerous to those with compromised immune systems or some other major medical issue.

Tell me this, why is it ok today to get an abortion, but not a haircut? Please justify that lunacy if you can.

from your cite

you are correct seabitchey, its not like the flu, its much more like the common cold which is also a corona virus and which also has no known cure.

this virus, like every other illness known to humanity, is more dangerous to those with compromised immune systems or some other major medical issue.

Tell me this, why is it ok today to get an abortion, but not a haircut? Please justify that lunacy if you can.
Wrong, little fish, as usual. COVID 19 is more virulent and more contagious. In two months it has killed over 70,000 Americans. Wrap your tiny head around that. That is 9/11 almost 25 times over.

I've already explained why it's "okay" to get an abortion and not a haircut. If you wait too long to get a haircut...nothing happens except your hair gets longer. If you wait too long to have an abortion, you can't get one.

from your cite

Wrong, little fish, as usual. COVID 19 is more virulent and more contagious. In two months it has killed over 70,000 Americans. Wrap your tiny head around that. That is 9/11 almost 25 times over.

I've already explained why it's "okay" to get an abortion and not a haircut. If you wait too long to get a haircut...nothing happens except your hair gets longer. If you wait too long to have an abortion, you can't get one.

I thought it was about stopping the spread. I suspect that there is more physical and bodily fluid contact with an abortion than a haircut. so once again your bullshit stinks.

Since you brought up abortion, how many american lives does that take every year? and the vast majority are african american and hispanic. so would it be consistent with liberal ideology to say that the current abortion mills are racist? Would Margaret Sanger (founder of PP) be happy that her organization is eliminating what she referred to as "human weeds" ?

The hypocrisy of you liberals is unlimited and consistent.

from your cite

I thought it was about stopping the spread. I suspect that there is more physical and bodily fluid contact with an abortion than a haircut. so once again your bullshit stinks.

Since you brought up abortion, how many american lives does that take every year? and the vast majority are african american and hispanic. so would it be consistent with liberal ideology to say that the current abortion mills are racist? Would Margaret Sanger (founder of PP) be happy that her organization is eliminating what she referred to as "human weeds" ?

The hypocrisy of you liberals is unlimited and consistent.

There is no hypocrisy. Waiting to get a haircut means your hair grows. You can still cut it later. Women who wait to have an abortion, cannot still have an abortion if they wait too long. That's not how you reduce abortions...that's just how you stop legal ones.

from your cite

You're wrong that I was trying to defend any arguments about the flu. You just decided that's what you wanted to argue about, and so you attributed it to me and demanded that I be responsible for it.

One state listing deaths without testing absolutely trashes your statement that all deaths attributed to Covid-19 were tested, and there's no amount of squirming and third-rate name-calling you can do that's going to magically make you not dead wrong and proven so.

Yea they show up DOA at the emergency room suffering with a acute breathing issues and high temps and there is not enough tests
that’s covid
Old people who already have one foot in the grave. Not a good reason to shut down our economy.

Georgia was the last state to shutdown, and the first to reopen

if only they elected Sassy Stacey Abrams instead, my friends

come to think of it...they did!

Old people who already have one foot in the grave. Not a good reason to shut down our economy.
Gee Lenny

You said the quiet part out loud.

But thanks for being an "honest Trumper" such as it it

That really is the attitude

"They were gonna die anyway".

Way to throw people over 50 under the bus

Where the trump sheep ?
I am dying to see what excuse they will find for this.
Obama's fault?
Hillary's?
Or the DNC?

Your idiocy shines with the light of a thousand suns.

So the guy says opening Georgia is okay. Liberals lose their minds.

So, then the guy says opening Georgia isn't okay. Liberals lose their minds.

This is proof positive that you can't make a liberal happy, because all they want to do is whine and piss and bitch and moan about Trump.

It's also why no intelligent person takes them seriously...
If you were intelligent you wouldn't fall for Trump the biggest idiot on earth right now.

Ps: I'm a bystander not a democrat.

Forum List

Back