Trump Right Again About Ripoff Price For AF-1

Before add-ons required for AF1, a new 747-8 costs 350 million dollars as of August, 2016.
Trump was quoting numbers for the "program" and the program includes two aircraft, not one. The add-ons are determined by the government and most have nothing to do with Boeing. Also, the program goes beyond delivery of the aircraft and includes various updates and improvements for a twelve year period. Some perspective has to be applied to how much cost is for aircraft and how much cost is for airborne command facility.

Before add-ons required for AF1, a new 747-8 costs 350 million dollars as of August, 2016.

Do you think that AF-1 is a regular 747?

Stupid question asked by a dimwit who thinks the 'add-ons' cost 31/2 billion dollars plus. Go hide your face in shame!

Do you have any idea how much classified technology is used on AF-1? Do you have any idea how much that technology costs to develop and how much it is worth? Do you have any idea how much money Boeing could make if it sold the radar jamming technology that is on AF-1 to Russia or China?

Obvious that you don't since 4 billion of taxpayer dollars seems 'fair' to you. (Probably buying your loved one a new 'garbage disposal' for XMAS this year.........:poke:).

Boeing has made Air Force-1's at cost throughout the years. They continue to say they will. Trump is making a decision that won't even affect him, as the planes won't be produced until he is out of office.

Excussseee Me for looking out for fellow taxpayers! BTW, do you pay taxes?

Stupid question asked by a dimwit who thinks the 'add-ons' cost 31/2 billion dollars plus. Go hide your face in shame!

Do you have any idea how much classified technology is used on AF-1? Do you have any idea how much that technology costs to develop and how much it is worth? Do you have any idea how much money Boeing could make if it sold the radar jamming technology that is on AF-1 to Russia or China?

Obvious that you don't since 4 billion of taxpayer dollars seems 'fair' to you. (Probably buying your loved one a new 'garbage disposal' for XMAS this year.........:poke:).

Boeing has made Air Force-1's at cost throughout the years. They continue to say they will. Trump is making a decision that won't even affect him, as the planes won't be produced until he is out of office.

Yes...

You didn't answer a single one of my questions.

Trump was quoting numbers for the "program" and the program includes two aircraft, not one. The add-ons are determined by the government and most have nothing to do with Boeing. Also, the program goes beyond delivery of the aircraft and includes various updates and improvements for a twelve year period. Some perspective has to be applied to how much cost is for aircraft and how much cost is for airborne command facility.

Taxpayers are already on the hook for 2.7 billion in the first two years for 'research and development'. With the 747-8 airframe already a known, looks like a gouge to me.

Yes...

And you did not provide a cost breakdown. Provide one, and maybe I will.

Taxpayers are already on the hook for 2.7 billion in the first two years for 'research and development'. With the 747-8 airframe already a known, looks like a gouge to me.
You say that without having a clue about the cost of automatic add-ons, or at least add-ons that we know will have to be included such as refueling capabilities, the world's most highly sophisticated communications equipment, radar, missile defense systems, etc.

Yes...

That's not how it works. You said that costs can be cut. You need to point them out.

Yes...

That's not how it works. You said that costs can be cut. You need to point them out.

I never said costs can be cut. I said it is a gouge. I wanna see the 'window sticker'!

Yes...

I never said costs can be cut. I said it is a gouge. I wanna see the 'window sticker'!

Yeah, good luck with that. You think Boeing is going to tell you how much their radar jamming technology is worth? How much their missile defense system is worth?

Yes...

Yeah, good luck with that. You think Boeing is going to tell you how much their radar jamming technology is worth? How much their missile defense system is worth?

Why not? Price doesn't give away engineering details.

Yes...

Because they would have to break down into specifics what is included into each category, other wise the whole idea would be worthless. If they told you something generic like, "Radar jamming technology $50 million." You'd be like, "Why is it that much? What makes it so special to cost that much?"

Because they would have to break down into specifics what is included into each category, other wise the whole idea would be worthless. If they told you something generic like, "Radar jamming technology $50 million." You'd be like, "Why is it that much? What makes it so special to cost that much?"

The way Boeing has priced em', radar jamming alone must be $500 million.........:lol:.

I think they should go to the Dreamliner.....Fuel savings alone would be huge plus thing whole lot more maneuverable..stronger frame.......plus I think the name fits

Last edited:

Can you not read?

Nope, it must be a black thing. Because 99.9% of Blacks can't read right?

Whatever color you are you seem to reading comprehension problems because he clearly said "before add ons"

And you have reading comprehension problems too. Because it's not like a regular 747 even before the addons. That's like saying one of the President's limos is just like a regular limo before the addons. They aren't the same...

Can you not read?

Nope, it must be a black thing. Because 99.9% of Blacks can't read right?

Whatever color you are you seem to reading comprehension problems because he clearly said "before add ons"

And you have reading comprehension problems too. Because it's not like a regular 747 even before the addons. That's like saying one of the President's limos is just like a regular limo before the addons. They aren't the same...

The airframe is the same. And as far as the limo goes up until barry the fairy came along they were up armoured Cadillacs.
I guess he knew he was going to piss off a lot of people or he was just a chicken shit because they are now built on a truck chassis and are custom made.

Anti-Trumpsters must be getting tired over being so wrong, so often.........but, don't count on it.

Trump Is Correct - Boeing Is Gouging The Taxpayer On The New Air Force One - Free Market Shooter
So, the Boeing CEO makes a statement that he did not like the policies on foreign trade, and immediatly Trump states he will cancel Boeing's contract for AF1. When the union leader at Carrier pointed out that only 800 jobs were saved at Carrier, and that only temporarily, Trump immedietly tweeted him, and denigrated his work. And then the man began to receive death threats against his children. So now we know how a Trump Presidency is going to work.

Time for American Citizens that value a stable and free government to hit the streets as soon as Trump tries to pass any of these policies. And time to start a worldwide boycott and picteting of any and all businesses that Trump has an interest in.

Forum List

Back