Trump saves 1,000 jobs over two weeks, miracle, Obama creates 7,200 a day, he's a failure

You are comparing a President to someone who hasn't even been inaugurated yet? That spells DESPERATION :badgrin:
Buy yea, I see what you are saying. I personally LOVE obamas retail economy. Who doesn't want a career at Old Navy or Burger King?
Not even President but already promising favors to a company still sending 1300 American jobs away.

I know...it's terrible.

Of course, Obama's bailout of GM is still hailed as the greatest.
Yeah GM was about to vanish as a company and was required to restructure and is now reporting record profits and employing countless Americans. Carrier just gets straight up bribe money for jobs it can still send away whenever it wants, and is sending away most of them anyways. Crazy stuff.

Thanks for acknowledging that Obama bailed out GM so he save jobs.

Of course, Obama did nothing for the small businesses that were going under.

I guess there were not enough votes.
You are equating 2 completely different things. The American auto industry was about to vanish, it had no choice but to agree to the government's terms as part of a deal. Carrier was doing fine and negotiated itself a special deal. They backed out of one sweetheart deal the government made with them under Pence's watch and used jobs as leverage to get themselves a better one, though there's no reason to think they won't back out again. 1300 jobs leaving, 800 "saved" that can leave anytime, and big rewards from the government. Carrier must have some great negotiators.

You are right.

GM should have been allowed to go under. It would have followed the normal economic destruction of poor performers. Instead, it was saved and insulated. As I understand it, it is now paying less to it's union workers than the non-union plants in the south. But profits are at a record.....so someone is getting wealthy. Of course, the original shareholders were totally screwed.

I think there is plenty of reason to expect that the government will make this harder as they start to screw with tarrifs.

I am no fan of Trump, but he is being proactive.

Obama simply saw a chance to buy votes.

Saving manufacturing jobs is way more important than saving jobs in the service sector.

Pretty much every job created today is in the service sector... As and poster has pointed out, stores like Old Navy aren't careers, so it's not a good idea to keep expanding jobs in this area because soon enough nobody will have any money. Also, guess what's happening to the service sector? They're moving online... Soon enough Amazon will put stores like Target and Kohl's out of business because having a package delivered for free or a small price to your door same, next day, or with 2-day UPS delivery is much better. alternative to going to a physical store and I don't have to wait in line or deal with some stupid kid ringing me out in the checkout lane or look throughout the store for a few items.

It's funny how people say, "well develop job skills." Skills where? The service sector doesn't require skills... It doesn't take skills to work at a department store or a fast food chain. Someday the service sector will disappear and either be automated i.e. McDonald's, or when everything eventually moves online instead of being in physical stores, then what will we do?

If this country can't bring back manufacturing it's going to keep dying.

^Manufacturing jobs are not immune to that same process. Most manufacturing is not done by people anymore and that is only going to continue in that direction.

Service jobs are fine... just need legalized prostitution and more massage parlors.

Want to pay for all the social welfare programs??? Legalize pot nationwide, tax it like cigarettes, and legalize prostitution and tax it like normal jobs. Yeah, religious folks will get mad, but you'll see a lot of new tax money and more people will have jobs, and less people will be in jail.

Service jobs are fine... just need legalized prostitution and more massage parlors.

Want to pay for all the social welfare programs??? Legalize pot nationwide, tax it like cigarettes, and legalize prostitution and tax it like normal jobs. Yeah, religious folks will get mad, but you'll see a lot of new tax money and more people will have jobs, and less people will be in jail.
The libs answer to everything. Let's just legalize and tax it. I wish we could tax stupidity.

The libs answer to everything. Let's just legalize and tax it. I wish we could tax stupidity.

Wait...are you for less government or not? Make up your fucking mind.

As near as I can tell, Ice is for transferring the entire business tax burden to individuals, because he feels like the middle class is not paying enough.

As for pot, he is deeply concerned that 20,000 people per year die in California directly from alcohol related crime and accidents and none die from pot, presumably because it is illegal, so, obviously, nobody in California uses it.

Ice seems to have teleported himself here from another planet.

Come on, you gotta admit it's hilarious. Trump has been working on this for the last couple of weeks. Carrier, instead of moving 1,700 jobs to Mexico, they are moving only 700 and all it cost was 7 million. That translates into a cost of $7,000.00 per job. That makes Trump a hero. A Gawd. A miracle worker.

In November, the economy produced, under President Obama, 216,000 jobs. That seven thousand two hundred per day. And he's a failure.

And there is no contract that these workers will even keep their jobs. Carrier is pouring 16 million into the plant to upgrade the infrastructure. These days, what does that mean?

Danger Will Robinson:

robot.gif

What America thinks it's getting under Trump:

motorolatexas-14.jpg

What America is really getting under Trump:

image-20141215-24297-6jsbmp.jpg

If you don't put it into a contract, you have no real deal. You just have a subsidized business with no promises. And no jobs. Oops.

The con man cons America and the Alt Right buys what the Scam Artist is selling. At least for now.

Government doesn't create jobs, idiot.

The way I figure it, the Indiana taxpayers pretty much paid for the plant that Carrier built in Mexico. I'm sure that Trump has a similar plan in store for us regarding the cost of building the wall. He calls that plan, "tariffs", and the Trumpettes think that they are paid by Mexicans!

As near as I can tell, Ice is for transferring the entire business tax burden to individuals, because he feels like the middle class is not paying enough.

As for pot, he is deeply concerned that 20,000 people per year die in California directly from alcohol related crime and accidents and none die from pot, presumably because it is illegal, so, obviously, nobody in California uses it.

Lots of potheads die driving and harm others on the road, so you left that part out. Nor does alcohol abuse justify anything else.

As for taxes, guess what Slick, individuals already do pay the tax burden. We pass costs on to our customers, that's how business works. You know so little about the real world.

The way I figure it, the Indiana taxpayers pretty much paid for the plant that Carrier built in Mexico. I'm sure that Trump has a similar plan in store for us regarding the cost of building the wall. He calls that plan, "tariffs", and the Trumpettes think that they are paid by Mexicans!
Carrier's products are sold all over the place, not just Indiana. But they also plan on building there too last I heard.

Lots of potheads die driving and harm others on the road, so you left that part out. Nor does alcohol abuse justify anything else.

As for taxes, guess what Slick, individuals already do pay the tax burden. We pass costs on to our customers, that's how business works. You know so little about the real world.

Wait... show me statistics comparing the number of DUIs for pot hurting people compared to DUI's for alcohol. And yes... alcohol is legal.

I will wait patiently for your link of deaths due to pot.

As for taxes, if you want to add corporations to the welfare rolls, I guess I don't mind. being retired and living off of my Roth IRA's, I don't pay any taxes, either. I also buy little at this point of my life That pretty mush leaves it all up to you.

Wait... show me statistics comparing the number of DUIs for pot hurting people compared to DUI's for alcohol. And yes... alcohol is legal.
Try reading the posts. How does alcohol problems make pot problems OK?

Because alcohol is legal and pot isn't. And Pot kills less people.

As for taxes, if you want to add corporations to the welfare rolls, I guess I don't mind. being retired and living off of my Roth IRA's, I don't pay any taxes, either. I also buy little at this point of my life That pretty mush leaves it all up to you.
Another tard that can't read. I'll wait for you to explain why we should ignore the dangers of potheads driving. Are you stoned?

Another tard that can't read. I'll wait for you to explain why we should ignore the dangers of potheads driving. Are you stoned?

Is it illegal to drive while stoned?

Pot is legal here and you are sticking up for a retard that made baseless comments.

Is it illegal to drive while stoned?
Yep, but we should only examine alcohol related deaths.

LOL

Pot is legal here and you are sticking up for a retard that made baseless comments.

Is driving under the influence of weed illegal?

Forum List

Back