Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

Question for the forum...

Was the situation with the children an unfortunate side effect of trying to enforce our border laws, or was it just his plan to separate families and hurt children?
Neither.

It was a failed attempt to deter further immigration by intimidating those lawfully seeking asylum.

Agreed, it did blow up in his face a bit and that is the only reason for this EO.
Imagine all of the problems Democrats could be solving, and instead they only want to cause them.

How the fuck can they solve them? Republicans hold both parts of Congress and the White House. REPUBLICANS are the ones that should be fixing things, and reaching across the aisle. Instead they just keep having meetings only with other REPUBLICANS and not including democrats.
So, in your opinion....the Democraps should either sit out back sipping Mint Juleps or just go back to their home states and wait for the results of the midterm?

Good idea.

What do you expect Democrats to do when the Republicans have meetings with ONLY Republicans to write laws? What do you expect them to do about it?

Thoughts?

Trump to end his family separation policy amid massive backlash – live updates

On June 15, Trump told reporters: “I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.”

On June 14, White House press secretary Sara Huckabee Sanders said: “It’s the law, and that’s what the law states.”

And on Monday, one of the most strident defenses was made by the homeland security department secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who addressed reporters at a White House press conference.

Nielsen told reporters the homeland security department was merely enforcing the law in a way that past administrations had failed to do. “Here is the bottom line: DHS is no longer ignoring the law. We are enforcing the laws as they exist on the books.”
It wasn't his policy.
It was, and still is, the law.

It was HIS FUCKING POL|ICY

Get the F over it ...

“Time and time again over the past five days, it was pointed out that the zero-tolerance policy -- coupled with the fact that children cannot be held in a federal prison -- was at the root of this crisis. And that just as easily as Attorney General Jeff Sessions put the zero-tolerance policy in place, Trump could rescind it, allowing law enforcement officials discretion as to who they referred for prosecution.”

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/20/politics/immigration-family-separation-immigration/index.html

The incompetence and stupidity exhibited by the failed Trump ‘administration’ is truly remarkable.

A firestorm about nearly 12,000 incarcerated babies and children at $775 per night per child. And wait until we find out all that has gone on inside those detention centers, whether tomorrow or three months down the road, that will make this seem like a picnic. Time to get law enforcement officials that are not controlled by Trump into those centers and see what goes on inside them. Trump is a criminal.

One tactic for Trump here is to say "I'm not a partisan, I listen to criticism and change my mind when appropriate".

I don't know if he's capable of coming up with this, but that would probably be a good approach.

Was the situation with the children an unfortunate side effect of trying to enforce our border laws, or was it just his plan to separate families and hurt children?
John Kelly was telling us as early as March 2017 that they were considering it AS A DETERRENT. Sessions admits it was used as a deterrent. I don't think it's really possible to argue it was an unfortunate "accident."

John Kelly was telling us as early as March 2017 that they were considering it AS A DETERRENT.

If an action you were considering would result in your children being taken away from you...…….

would you be deterred?

One tactic for Trump here is to say "I'm not a partisan, I listen to criticism and change my mind when appropriate".

I don't know if he's capable of coming up with this, but that would probably be a good approach.

John Kelly was telling us as early as March 2017 that they were considering it AS A DETERRENT. Sessions admits it was used as a deterrent. I don't think it's really possible to argue it was an unfortunate "accident."

John Kelly was telling us as early as March 2017 that they were considering it AS A DETERRENT.

If an action you were considering would result in your children being taken away from you...…….

would you be deterred?

Do you think they would walk 1,000s of miles through the worst violent country in the world in Mexico, just to come to the U.S. and get a job picking vegetables, or some other shitty job Americans don't even want to do... if their life where they came from wasn't bad? GTFO... Think about that a minute. What would it take for you to walk fucking through Mexico for?

Then there is this….

Liberals think America is cruel. The SAME loser group who argues KILLING in the womb is okay, but while BREAKING THE LAW is not.

JUST FUCKIN SHOOT THEM.

Fury

Pretty sure it’s hyperbole but this is the feeling of his supporters.

would you be deterred?

Do you think they would walk 1,000s of miles through the worst violent country in the world in Mexico, just to come to the U.S. and get a job picking vegetables, or some other shitty job Americans don't even want to do... if their life where they came from wasn't bad? GTFO... Think about that a minute. What would it take for you to walk fucking through Mexico for?

Do you think they would walk 1,000s of miles through the worst violent country in the world in Mexico, just to come to the U.S. and get a job picking vegetables, or some other shitty job Americans don't even want to do...

Of course not. Lots of them come for welfare benefits.

It was an unfortunate side-effect. The laws were in place in order to prevent people from illegally crossing our borders, not to separate family members. They thought that if illegals knew they would be separated, they would quit trying to come here.

I'd like trying to plug a gaping hole in a dike with silly putty.

He didn't cave on anything, Rocket Mouth. People like you are too damned impatient to give the man any time to act. And it's your loss too. That's one less campaign issue to run on for Democrats in the mid terms.

5 days ago, he said an EO wouldn’t be done.
Today he did it.

Cave-in Big time.

Maddow said that he cried when he saw those children playing and eating ice cream in Trump’s evil nazi death camps

Neither.

It was a failed attempt to deter further immigration by intimidating those lawfully seeking asylum.

Agreed, it did blow up in his face a bit and that is the only reason for this EO.
Imagine all of the problems Democrats could be solving, and instead they only want to cause them.

How the fuck can they solve them? Republicans hold both parts of Congress and the White House. REPUBLICANS are the ones that should be fixing things, and reaching across the aisle. Instead they just keep having meetings only with other REPUBLICANS and not including democrats.
So, in your opinion....the Democraps should either sit out back sipping Mint Juleps or just go back to their home states and wait for the results of the midterm?

Good idea.

What do you expect Democrats to do when the Republicans have meetings with ONLY Republicans to write laws? What do you expect them to do about it?
Same thing they're doing now.......not a God Damned thing other than complain.

Thoughts?

Trump to end his family separation policy amid massive backlash – live updates

On June 15, Trump told reporters: “I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.”

On June 14, White House press secretary Sara Huckabee Sanders said: “It’s the law, and that’s what the law states.”

And on Monday, one of the most strident defenses was made by the homeland security department secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who addressed reporters at a White House press conference.

Nielsen told reporters the homeland security department was merely enforcing the law in a way that past administrations had failed to do. “Here is the bottom line: DHS is no longer ignoring the law. We are enforcing the laws as they exist on the books.”
It wasn't his policy.
It was, and still is, the law.

It was HIS FUCKING POL|ICY

Get the F over it ...
Says you.

Fucking lying POS.

'President Donald Trump said Wednesday he plans to sign an executive action designed to keep families together during detention on the U.S.-Mexico border.

"I'll be signing something in a little while that's going to do that," he told reporters during a White House event after saying he wanted families to be kept together. "I'll be doing something that's somewhat pre-emptive and ultimately will be matched by legislation I'm sure."

The action is expected to allow families to be housed together even while adults in the family are being detained or prosecuted for crossing the U.S. border illegally or for seeking asylum at the border outside of a designated border entry point.'

Trump says he's going to sign a measure to keep migrant families together

Excellent.

First - great news for those poor children.
Second - it's great to see Trump cave like the big, fat, bone-spurred, thin-skinned wimp that he is. He could have done this days ago - but instead he tried to blame others.
Now he sees NO ONE who is sane (including those in his own party) is with him on his policy.
So he caved.

Fabulous.

Trumpbots? Let the spinning begin....

Trump outsmarts the libtards once again....

Watch how this turns out....

He didn't cave on anything, Rocket Mouth. People like you are too damned impatient to give the man any time to act. And it's your loss too. That's one less campaign issue to run on for Democrats in the mid terms.

5 days ago, he said an EO wouldn’t be done.
Today he did it.

Cave-in Big time.
illegal immigration is bad for America, but it's great for the racist Democratic Party

would you be deterred?

Do you think they would walk 1,000s of miles through the worst violent country in the world in Mexico, just to come to the U.S. and get a job picking vegetables, or some other shitty job Americans don't even want to do...

Of course not. Lots of them come for welfare benefits.

They aren't citizens... they are limited in what they get... and would you rather give them $200 a month in food stamps? Or pay $775 a DAY to house them in a dog cage?

Good idea.

Same thing they're doing now.......not a God Damned thing other than complain.

I asked you what you thought they should be doing. You expect them to do something, but you can't give a way for them to do it. How the fuck do you write new laws when you are the minority in Congress and the other party won't even invite you to take part in writing bills.

Yeah.

The crux of the matter is, the Trumpy didn't end the "zero tolerance" policy, which just means family with children are going to be detained together. If you think that's a marked success, I have news for you.

Moreover, there's an appeals court ruling that says that children can only be detained for a maximum of 20 days. This ruling needs to be reversed, for if it isn't, the children are still going to be separated from their parents (still in detention awaiting their court hearing).

And then the Trumpy will have the court - Deep State - as an excuse for the separation.

The alternative is, of course, that children will be detained for however long it takes for their cases to be decided. If you think that's good news...

So, if you actually thought you got something that looked like the doing of a human being out of the Trumpy, I suggest you look again. For this is just the extended, slightly more complex version of the Trumpy's raging, toxic nativism we saw on display in neon during the past few days.

Forum List

Back