Trump still wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)

There is no border security. Idiot.
First of all the whine was that “Congress” won’t change the law that allows illegals to ask for asylum.

Well that “Congress” is controlled by do nothing Republicans that ain’t even trying to do that OR fund border security

Hell they can barely elect a Speaket

The federal government defeated Nazi Germany, fascist Italy and Imperialist Japan in 4 years, but Obama couldn't build a website. Incompetent fucks.
And then when they finally fixed it, it still wasn’t a complete job. It should have allowed you to pick your plan on the website AND click right through to that provider, where the provider pick it up, and you make your payment like that.

It didn’t work like that.

And then when they finally fixed it, it still wasn’t a complete job. It should have allowed you to pick your plan on the website AND click right through to that provider, where the provider pick it up, and you make your payment like that.

It didn’t work like that.
So how did it work?

First of all the whine was that “Congress” won’t change the law that allows illegals to ask for asylum.

Well that “Congress” is controlled by do nothing Republicans that ain’t even trying to do that OR fund border security

Hell they can barely elect a Speaket
Your President invited these losers during the campaign of 2020. Fuck you liar.

Insurance that is unusable by millions because of restrictions, unreasonable unaffordable copays and deductibles, mandates, etc. as well as lowered standards of health care, staffing shortages, inadequate beds, etc. is not something any thinking person should be defending.
Increasing the cost-sharing subsidies that lower deductibles and copays seems like an easy area for agreement across the ideological spectrum. Or perhaps eliminating high-deductible options (i.e., don't allow bronze plans to be sold anymore) and boost the premium subsidies as necessary to ensure those would've bought bronze plans can afford more comprehensive coverage.

Increasing the cost-sharing subsidies that lower deductibles and copays seems like an easy area for agreement across the ideological spectrum. Or perhaps eliminating high-deductible options (i.e., don't allow bronze plans to be sold anymore) and boost the premium subsidies as necessary to ensure those would've bought bronze plans can afford more comprehensive coverage.
Are you a leftist or something? Where is the money going to come from for THAT?

Are you a leftist or something? Where is the money going to come from for THAT?
The new spending under the ACA ended up costing half of what was expected and it ended up achieving cost savings that have been (to date) trillions of dollars more than anticipated. There's plenty of room within the original financial envelope to beef up its financial assistance, which Biden has already done on the premium side to great effect.

I can understand why wealthy people might vote Republican, but when I see working-class people voting for Republicans, it doesn't make much sense. They're essentially voting against their own interests and propping up the interests of the rich at their own expense. The wealthy can afford to spend $10,000+ in deductibles to receive medical care, or even the ability to pay the whole medical bill, even if it's a million or two million dollars. The average Joe Republican will go bankrupt or will probably die due to a lack of resources. These working-class Republicans continue to hurt themselves. They're masochists.

What you really don't get is that the attitude expressed in this post is the main reason people hate Democrats so much. You think that YOU know someone else's "own interests" better than they do.

The new spending under the ACA ended up costing half of what was expected and it ended up achieving cost savings that have been (to date) trillions of dollars more than anticipated. There's plenty of room within the original financial envelope to beef up its financial assistance, which Biden has already done on the premium side to great effect.
How did it achieve cost savings? We had millions of Americans who HAD been able to afford decent coverage but who could not once Obamacare was crammed down our throat.

How did it achieve cost savings? We had millions of Americans who HAD been able to afford decent coverage but who could not once Obamacare was crammed down our throat.
The insurance companies made out. That's all that matters.

What you really don't get is that the attitude expressed in this post is the main reason people hate Democrats so much. You think that YOU know someone else's "own interests" better than they do.
He also has made the most Jew-hating comments on other threads. These Democrats go on and on as if racism was the worst thing facing this country, and how awful blacks have it as a result, and then freely spew their antisemitism.

The insurance companies made out. That's all that matters.
Yup. I was paying close to $1000 a month for what was effectively a catastrophic health plan. The insurer didn’t pay for anything, and collected a premium worthy of a diamond-level insurance plan.

Budgetary cost savings (i.e., savings to the government) came largely from halting the growth in real Medicare spending per beneficiary. Forty-five years of steady per beneficiary cost growth in Medicare stopped in 2010 and hasn't really budged since.

Of course, that trend wasn't limited to just Medicare, so the savings to country/economy/Americans are substantially larger than just what gets measured in the federal budget. Health care costs make up the same share of the economy today as they did in 2010, which is unprecedented for any thirteen year stretch on record.

Last edited:
We can't afford what we are doing now. I say get government out of healthcare as much as possible, eliminate monopolies in both insurance and healthcare delivery, and let the free market restore a system that is affordable for most. Then we can figure out how to address the needs of the few who need healthcare but cannot afford it at any price.

We can't afford what we are doing now. I say get government out of healthcare as much as possible, eliminate monopolies in both insurance and healthcare delivery, and let the free market restore a system that is affordable for most. Then we can figure out how to address the needs of the few who need healthcare but cannot afford it at any price.

We can walk and chew gum.

Also, make sure no illegal gets on the program. As it stands now, the liberal state of California treats its illegals better than its homeless vets.

Forum List

Back