🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump stops funding obamas future terrorists in Syria

Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow
President Trump has decided to end the CIA’s covert program to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels battling the government of Bashar al-Assad, a move long sought by Russia, according to U.S. officials.
Officials said Trump made the decision to scrap the CIA program nearly a month ago, after an Oval Office meeting with CIA Director Mike Pompeo and national security adviser H.R. McMaster ahead of a July 7 meeting in Germany with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Bout damn time!

Fake News!

LOL

The move to end the secret program to arm the anti-Assad rebels was not a condition of the cease-fire negotiations, which were already well underway, said U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the secret program

So two things are possible:
  1. This is fake news- since there is no official confirmation- only 'anonymous sources' or
  2. U.S. officials are publicly discussing a secret program- and if that is true- will Trumpsters be calling for the prosecution of these 'officials' leaking information on a secret program?
because this apparently was underway before G20.
It could be fake. It is coming from the media.
Everyone already knows. They voted on it in congress, too, i think..

They voted on it in congress?

When has Congress ever voted on providing aid to anyone in Syria?

Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a move sought by Moscow
President Trump has decided to end the CIA’s covert program to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels battling the government of Bashar al-Assad, a move long sought by Russia, according to U.S. officials.
Officials said Trump made the decision to scrap the CIA program nearly a month ago, after an Oval Office meeting with CIA Director Mike Pompeo and national security adviser H.R. McMaster ahead of a July 7 meeting in Germany with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Bout damn time!

Fake News!

LOL

The move to end the secret program to arm the anti-Assad rebels was not a condition of the cease-fire negotiations, which were already well underway, said U.S. officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the secret program

So two things are possible:
  1. This is fake news- since there is no official confirmation- only 'anonymous sources' or
  2. U.S. officials are publicly discussing a secret program- and if that is true- will Trumpsters be calling for the prosecution of these 'officials' leaking information on a secret program?
because this apparently was underway before G20.
It could be fake. It is coming from the media.
Everyone already knows. They voted on it in congress, too, i think..

They voted on it in congress?

When has Congress ever voted on providing aid to anyone in Syria?
U.S. Congress approves arming Syrian rebels, funding government

Trump should hire those 'moderate' Muslims for Obamas SS protection.
look at this from the reuters link i just gave syriusly

Republican Senator Susan Collins of Maine voted for the spending bill, but said Congress should have engaged in a full debate over the overall plan to stop Islamic State.

A member of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Collins said she had not been given enough details, including information about the moderate fighters.

"I'm concerned that the fighters that we train will be focused on what really motivates them, which is removing (Syrian President Bashar al-) Assad, not fighting ISIS," she told Reuters, using an alternate name for the militant group.

:rofl:

So backing Assad is the way to go ? What about all the kudos for Trumps desert bombing raid ?

President Trump has ended the US support for "rebels" in Syria. This does not apply for the SDF. The move is a major step towards peace in Syria and will not only have an impact of the "rebels´" infrastructure and supplies but also on their fighting spirit.

"DAMASCUS, SYRIA (11:30 P.M.) – Over six years after the Syrian revolt first began, the US administration has finally decided to indefinitely give up on its long-standing support for supposedly moderate rebel groups in the war-torn country.

According to US officials, Donald Trump has decided to end the CIA’s covert program to arm and train insurgents opposed to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA). This arming program was put into effect by the Obama administration in 2013 and looked to topple Bashar Al-Assad.

After talks with Russia, the White House will now phase out the secret program, a move which is likely to have grave implications for US-vetted Free Syrian Army (FSA) factions based in southern Syria around the Al-Tanf border crossing.

Although the CIA declined to comment, US officials told the Washington Post that Trump decided to scrap the CIA program nearly a month ago ahead of a meeting on July 7 with Russian President Vladimir Putin. “This is a momentous decision … Putin won in Syria,” said a current official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a covert program.

“It’s probably a nod to reality,” said Ilan Goldenberg, a former Obama administration official and director of the Middle East Security Program at the Center for a New American Security.

Once this sudden change of policy is fully implemented, Al-Masdar News expects the US Army will evacuate its troops from the Al-Tanf military base and fly them to Kurdish-held territory in Hasakah, thereby leaving rebel forces in southern Syria to fend for themselves against the SAA.

The plan does not involve the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), a Kurdish-led fighting force in northern Syria which has had its supply of heavy weapons and armored vehicles increased in recent months."

BREAKING: Trump orders the CIA to halt all financial, military aid for rebels in Syria

So backing Assad is the way to go ? What about all the kudos for Trumps desert bombing raid ?

It's not a matter of backing Assad. It's a matter of truly ridding the country of all the terror groups masquerading as Syrian rebels.

Tell me you understand Timmy that when everyone is running around calling this farce a "civil war" that you realize that if you have Sunni jihadists from over 80 countries according to the UN, it's not a civil war.

In my world it's called a freaking INVASION. Assad was always right on this.

I more than anything would like to believe that he is for the people and the first president we have had since 1978 to follow the constituon but I cant believe this is real and true if THIS link here below is true which i see no reason to not think so.do you?

Trump to sign executive order putting two decades of national monuments in jeopardy
Don't believe Think Progress without verification from at least two independent sources. Think Progress is a George Soros mouth piece.

It's not a matter of backing Assad. It's a matter of truly ridding the country of all the terror groups masquerading as Syrian rebels.

Tell me you understand Timmy that when everyone is running around calling this farce a "civil war" that you realize that if you have Sunni jihadists from over 80 countries according to the UN, it's not a civil war.

In my world it's called a freaking INVASION. Assad was always right on this.

Assad is a brutal dictator.

Yes Syria "is hard " to paraphrase trump. You have good rebels , bad Isis rebels, and bad dictator. It's a disaster.

If true, good on Trump. We don't belong in Syria, we never did. I'm ashamed of my Government for allowing 'Allies' like Saudi Arabia to fund & arm Jihadists there. Wikileaks even showed that Obama and Clinton were well-aware of what Saudi Arabia was doing. Yet they tried to keep it secret from the American People. A truly shameful act. It's time to end the 'Regime Change' policy. Period, end of story.

on the other hand if trump indeed did do this.he just lost faith in me as someone for the american people with this action below which i see no reason to doubt is an accurate link.

I more than anything would like to believe that he is for the people and the first president we have had since 1978 to follow the constituon but I cant believe this is real if THIS link here below is true which i see no reason to not think so.do you?

Trump to sign executive order putting two decades of national monuments in jeopardy

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this. The link provided by the OP, is a notorious Democrat Fake News outlet. Just read their headline, it infers Trump only did it to help Putin. So i'm very skeptical of the whole story. I'll wait for credible confirmation.

Well sure he did now we are Assad and Putins side.

A big but though, we should not be in the ME.

America is admitting its defeat, and abandoning the Syrian people who only wanted their freedom from the brutal dictator Assad. ..... :(

With all due respect Sunni man, for the most part Syrian's government is as secular as you can get in the ME with the exception of Egypt. Women have rights, to vote, to be educated, to be elected to office you name it.

The legal system has both civil and religious courts. The civil law comes from the days of the French Mandate. And most importantly Christians, Jews, Shia, Sunni, Alawites, Druze, Yazidis and others have all functioned quite well for many a year before the BS of the so called civil war.

Let the people of Syria decide their own fate. Not NATO. Not America. Not the EU. And most importantly tell Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey to stop meddling in the affairs of Syria and trying to replace Assad with the Muslim Brotherhood.

And a question for everyone who has bought into the "brutal dictator Assad" propaganda. We in the west seem to have no problemo being buddies with the Saudi's right?

Well in just one week a 17 year old boy getting ready to fly to Michigan to attend university was arrested for having attended a pro democracy rally when he was a young teenager.

He will be beheaded.

And just a couple of days ago a young woman was thrown in jail for wearing a mini skirt. BUT these are our buddies.
WTF?

Forum List

Back