Trump Supporters Consume And Share The Most Fake News, Oxford Study Finds

Oh hell. A nitwit would be one of the nicest things anyone has called me on here! :thewave:

Well ... I am not vicious (most of the time).

Seriously though ... The news is out there ... I just paid attention to what Secretary Tillerson actually said.
I just don't give a rats ass what some nit-wit commentator at Fox News nor MSN would like to suggest it means.

My only point really was that it is not just the left that is running with the idea that Russia meddles in our elections (which we all know they do)
they meddle.
we meddle
n korea meddles
venezuela would meddle if they could afford a computer

to get selectively mad at it kinda cracks me up. to get mad russia does it but ignore the fact we do it a lot more, that's a knee slapper.

Oh hell. A nitwit would be one of the nicest things anyone has called me on here! :thewave:

Seriously though ... The news is out there ... I just paid attention to what Secretary Tillerson actually said.
I just don't give a rats ass what some nit-wit commentator at Fox News nor MSN would like to suggest it means.

i don't care what any "commentator" has to say. CNN to me is mystery science news anymore. you get the quartet of assholes at lunch pulling up videos and tell you want they meant and why it's all wrong and why trump sucks.

that's not news, that's just bitter jr high anger.

but them, tucker or the like - just don't care. MO same on both sides, find the biggest idiot of the day and pretend they represent the entire other side so your side can giggle at their collective stupidity

Let me ask you one question... do you still believe "Trump anti-immigrant" based on the following Google search?
Yet did you know that Trump is married to an immigrant?
Did you know that I like 60 million other people are either legal immigrants or have relatives that are legal immigrants?
So is it any wonder that we have a hard time believing headlines like the below which are used to attract your attention by conveniently leaving out the simple adjective..."ILLEGAL"!
Why would we, 60 million legal immigrants and their relatives hate "immigrants"?
It is then NO surprise that less then 8% of people have "great confidence" in the MSM!
If they are either too ignorant by ignoring those of us that LOVE our "legal immigrants" or they don't like us and therefore millions of us ignore NYT,CBS,NBC,ABC, etc... coupled with
the FACTS that In 2008 85% of media donated money to Democrats!
1,160 (85%) of the 1,353 of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 7.32.27 AM.png

i don't care what any "commentator" has to say. CNN to me is mystery science news anymore. you get the quartet of assholes at lunch pulling up videos and tell you want they meant and why it's all wrong and why trump sucks.

that's not news, that's just bitter jr high anger.

but them, tucker or the like - just don't care. MO same on both sides, find the biggest idiot of the day and pretend they represent the entire other side so your side can giggle at their collective stupidity

Let me ask you one question... do you still believe "Trump anti-immigrant" based on the following Google search?
Yet did you know that Trump is married to an immigrant?
Did you know that I like 60 million other people are either legal immigrants or have relatives that are legal immigrants?
So is it any wonder that we have a hard time believing headlines like the below which are used to attract your attention by conveniently leaving out the simple adjective..."ILLEGAL"!
Why would we, 60 million legal immigrants and their relatives hate "immigrants"?
It is then NO surprise that less then 8% of people have "great confidence" in the MSM!
If they are either too ignorant by ignoring those of us that LOVE our "legal immigrants" or they don't like us and therefore millions of us ignore NYT,CBS,NBC,ABC, etc... coupled with
the FACTS that In 2008 85% of media donated money to Democrats!
1,160 (85%) of the 1,353 of the Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democrats candidates and campaign committees in 2008, according to an analysis by The Examiner of data compiled by the Center for Responsive Politics.
Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters
View attachment 175338

i'll answer that as soon as you can tell me why when people say TRUMP HATE IMMIGRANTS!!! they choose to leave off "ILLEGAL"

every
single
time.

maybe cause it's counter productive to their hate despite its base in reality.

Do you, like trump think all dems are guilty of treason too?
The man speaks out of his neither part

Nah ... I think the Democrats are nit-wits.
I also speculate on the idea President Trump may be doing whatever he can to spur the nit-wits on both sides of the aisle into exposing themselves.

Of course that would require me think that the man who actually won the Presidency, against a Clinton as well, may not be a complete idiot.
When it comes to "draining the swamp" ... He never said how he was going to do it ... And there are a lot of people making fools of themselves.

The establishment Republicans have unmasked themselves.
Perhaps the President is just a little too optimistic the Democrats are susceptible to the same scrutiny by their constituents.

Do you, like trump think all dems are guilty of treason too?
The man speaks out of his neither part

Nah ... I think the Democrats are nit-wits.
I also speculate on the idea President Trump may be doing whatever he can to spur the nit-wits on both sides of the aisle into exposing themselves.

Of course that would require me think that the man who actually won the Presidency, against a Clinton as well, may not be a complete idiot.
When it comes to "draining the swamp" ... He never said how he was going to do it ... And there are a lot of people making fools of themselves.

unfortunately he's doing it at a time where "exposing yourself" is ok and encouraged. :)

How long are we going to pretend that we can fix stupid?

civil war is inevitable. maga needs to be stopped.
oh what the fuck are you going to do - light a trash can on fire, hide your acne covered face and scream at the sky on coordinated tuesdays while wearing a pussy hat?

you do that.
do I hear applause after the moron said Dems were guilty of treason? That wasn't fake news
you pay attention at all mr selective reading? I've said several times in the thread dedicated to that it was stupid as fuck for him to say that.

why you think anyone who doesn't hate trump as much as you do eats his shit up i'll never understand. you're far too binary for your own good and it does warp your views man.

trump is living rent free in your head. you should do something about that and learn to get happy again, edward.
I'm unhappy now because ocean is rough and no sun today So all that's left for me is politics and the markets I met him once in the 90's at a boom boom mancini fight in AC said hello and goodbye The friend I was with had some fight business to talk about with him

Fifty-five percent of all junk news traffic on Twitter can be linked to Trump supporters, researchers said.

Trump supporters and extreme conservatives consume and share more “junk news” on social media than every other political group combined, a University of Oxford study has found.

The three-month study, published Tuesday as part of the school’s Computational Propaganda Research Project, scrutinized the habits of 13,477 politically active U.S. Twitter users and 47,719 public Facebook pages in the months leading up to the State of the Union address late last month.

The authors then mapped how links to junk news sources flowed through the social media networks. Based on the links users shared and other factors, researchers separated them into distinct (yet often overlapping) cohorts, which they labeled “Hard Conservative,” “Women’s Rights,” “Conspiracy,” “Libertarian,” “Trump Support,” “Democratic Party,” etc.

The study linked a full 55 percent of all junk news traffic on Twitter to the “Trump Support” group. “On Twitter, a network of Trump supporters shares the widest range of known junk news sources and circulates more junk news than all the other groups put together,” the authors noted.

For comparison, the “Democratic Party” and “Progressive Movement” groups together accounted for 1 percent of junk news traffic on Twitter, according to the study.

And on Facebook, the study found that “extreme hard right pages—distinct from Republican pages—share the widest range of known junk news sources and circulate more junk news than all the other audiences put together.” The “Hard Conservative” group accounted for 58 percent of junk news traffic on Facebook. (The “Democratic Party” group accounted for 12 percent.)

More: Trump Supporters Consume And Share The Most Fake News, Oxford Study Finds

This should come as no surprise to most honorable and sane people. We see it 24/7 right here on USMB.

You just consumed and shared fake news.

My only point really was that it is not just the left that is running with the idea that Russia meddles in our elections (which we all know they do)
they meddle.
we meddle
n korea meddles

to get selectively mad at it kinda cracks me up. to get mad russia does it but ignore the fact we do it a lot more, that's a knee slapper.

we do/have done lots of things that we do not want others to do to us, do they all crack you up?

For example...

We have nukes but feel we have the authority to tell others who can and cannot have them.

We invade sovereign nations that are no threat to us, and yet we get upset when other countries do the same thing.

I suppose that depends on how you define fake news doesn't it?

No, it doesn't and that's really the problem. There is only one definition of fake. Something is either fake or it's not. Simply labelling something as fake does not make it so.

Fifty-five percent of all junk news traffic on Twitter can be linked to Trump supporters, researchers said.

Trump supporters and extreme conservatives consume and share more “junk news” on social media than every other political group combined, a University of Oxford study has found.

The three-month study, published Tuesday as part of the school’s Computational Propaganda Research Project, scrutinized the habits of 13,477 politically active U.S. Twitter users and 47,719 public Facebook pages in the months leading up to the State of the Union address late last month.

The authors then mapped how links to junk news sources flowed through the social media networks. Based on the links users shared and other factors, researchers separated them into distinct (yet often overlapping) cohorts, which they labeled “Hard Conservative,” “Women’s Rights,” “Conspiracy,” “Libertarian,” “Trump Support,” “Democratic Party,” etc.

The study linked a full 55 percent of all junk news traffic on Twitter to the “Trump Support” group. “On Twitter, a network of Trump supporters shares the widest range of known junk news sources and circulates more junk news than all the other groups put together,” the authors noted.

For comparison, the “Democratic Party” and “Progressive Movement” groups together accounted for 1 percent of junk news traffic on Twitter, according to the study.

And on Facebook, the study found that “extreme hard right pages—distinct from Republican pages—share the widest range of known junk news sources and circulate more junk news than all the other audiences put together.” The “Hard Conservative” group accounted for 58 percent of junk news traffic on Facebook. (The “Democratic Party” group accounted for 12 percent.)

More: Trump Supporters Consume And Share The Most Fake News, Oxford Study Finds

This should come as no surprise to most honorable and sane people. We see it 24/7 right here on USMB.
Thanks for confirming the right wing is usually full of fallacy the most.

they meddle.
we meddle
n korea meddles

we do/have done lots of things that we do not want others to do to us, do they all crack you up?

For example...

We have nukes but feel we have the authority to tell others who can and cannot have them.

We invade sovereign nations that are no threat to us, and yet we get upset when other countries do the same thing.

So you don't believe after several centuries of helping other countries throw off their dictators and in the process we created the A-bomb we are no better than the
dictators we helped over throw and have no moral authority regarding nukes?

they meddle.
we meddle
n korea meddles

For example...

like i said - hypocritical. we do a lot of bad shit on our own. we meddle with other elections much more than hacking an e-mail server. hell, we'll take out a leader and force democratic elections on people. think those are not geared?

like i say - we only get mad when done to us but we don't get mad really when we do it to others.

Do Trump's almost daily lies count as fake news?
How about these LIES?
View attachment 175353
Is Mr. Trump's administration any better?

Well there are MAJOR 180 degree differences like these:
Trump does NOT want to do as Obama wanted to:
bankrupt 1,400 companies, that pay $100 billion a year in taxes and un-employ 450,000 people that work for these companies!
(Obama told us he favored a "single payer health system"... so what happens to the above?)

Trump would never encourage any company to go bankrupt!
Obama: " if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can – it’s just that it will bankrupt them.” (Pretty easy way of increasing unemployment.)

Again why would any President much less Trump say as Obama did: "I prefer higher gas prices". (And Obama signed 40% fewer Federal oil lease exploration then Bush).
Trump will never tell a foreign country such as Obama said to "Brazil to develop oil and that the USA will be their best customer"!

And everyone knows that Trump is so antithetical to what
Obama said:"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket."

Trump will never tour the world tearing America and Americans down as Obama did his first year... just so he could travel!

Trump like most of us understand that the more the government attaches rules and regulations the more costs to the company, especial smaller companies which put these smaller companies at a disadvantage.

as a journalism minor, i cry for my profession. every rule i was taught in college is gone and the only thing that matters now is getting reactions and clicks. national enquirer goes mainstream.

CNN is funny to watch though.
They would interview The Dog Whisperer in regards to the President's psychological state ...
If they thought he would say what they wanted to hear.

Do you, like trump think all dems are guilty of treason too? The man speaks out of his neither part
Using classified information to blackmail Republicans and the president is clear-cut treason.

How long are we going to pretend that we can fix stupid?

civil war is inevitable. maga needs to be stopped.
oh what the fuck are you going to do - light a trash can on fire, hide your acne covered face and scream at the sky on coordinated tuesdays while wearing a pussy hat?

you do that.
do I hear applause after the moron said Dems were guilty of treason? That wasn't fake news
you pay attention at all mr selective reading? I've said several times in the thread dedicated to that it was stupid as fuck for him to say that.

why you think anyone who doesn't hate trump as much as you do eats his shit up i'll never understand. you're far too binary for your own good and it does warp your views man.

trump is living rent free in your head. you should do something about that and learn to get happy again, edward.
the truth is ice outside of my children my wife and 3 or 4 bartenders I have no friends All I have are politics and the markets

Forum List

Back