Trump Supporters Consume And Share The Most Fake News, Oxford Study Finds

as a journalism minor, i cry for my profession. every rule i was taught in college is gone and the only thing that matters now is getting reactions and clicks. national enquirer goes mainstream.

CNN is funny to watch though.
They would interview The Dog Whisperer in regards to the President's psychological state ...
If they thought he would say what they wanted to hear.

Do you, like trump think all dems are guilty of treason too? The man speaks out of his neither part
Using classified information to blackmail Republicans and the president is clear-cut treason.
ptbw are you going to be in drumphs parade?

How long are we going to pretend that we can fix stupid?

civil war is inevitable. maga needs to be stopped.
oh what the fuck are you going to do - light a trash can on fire, hide your acne covered face and scream at the sky on coordinated tuesdays while wearing a pussy hat?

you do that.
do I hear applause after the moron said Dems were guilty of treason? That wasn't fake news
you pay attention at all mr selective reading? I've said several times in the thread dedicated to that it was stupid as fuck for him to say that.

why you think anyone who doesn't hate trump as much as you do eats his shit up i'll never understand. you're far too binary for your own good and it does warp your views man.

trump is living rent free in your head. you should do something about that and learn to get happy again, edward.
the truth is ice outside of my children my wife and 3 or 4 bartenders I have no friends All I have are politics and the markets
i have no kids.
i get along with people i work with but very few are "friends" really. but that's on me a lot cause i'm just not an overly social person.

and don't sell yourself short. you got a shit ton of hate dude.

as a journalism minor, i cry for my profession. every rule i was taught in college is gone and the only thing that matters now is getting reactions and clicks. national enquirer goes mainstream.

CNN is funny to watch though.
They would interview The Dog Whisperer in regards to the President's psychological state ...
If they thought he would say what they wanted to hear.

Do you, like trump think all dems are guilty of treason too? The man speaks out of his neither part
Using classified information to blackmail Republicans and the president is clear-cut treason.
ptbw are you going to be in drumphs parade?
Why do you hate Germans?

Are you a dumbass bigot?

How long are we going to pretend that we can fix stupid?

civil war is inevitable. maga needs to be stopped.
oh what the fuck are you going to do - light a trash can on fire, hide your acne covered face and scream at the sky on coordinated tuesdays while wearing a pussy hat?

you do that.
do I hear applause after the moron said Dems were guilty of treason? That wasn't fake news
you pay attention at all mr selective reading? I've said several times in the thread dedicated to that it was stupid as fuck for him to say that.

why you think anyone who doesn't hate trump as much as you do eats his shit up i'll never understand. you're far too binary for your own good and it does warp your views man.

trump is living rent free in your head. you should do something about that and learn to get happy again, edward.
the truth is ice outside of my children my wife and 3 or 4 bartenders I have no friends All I have are politics and the markets
i have no kids.
i get along with people i work with but very few are "friends" really. but that's on me a lot cause i'm just not an overly social person.

I save it for here where the idiot republicans are in great numbers..When not here I'm really mellow ,generous respectful if I must say so myself

you do that.

i have no kids.

I save it for here where the idiot republicans are in great numbers..When not here I'm really mellow ,generous respectful if I must say so myself
like i have said many times - when you stereotype people into your pre-determined hate groups, it saves you from having to:

1) get to know them
2) think for a second you could be wrong

and you wind up sounding like a 8 year old pissed off kid most of the time.

like i have said many times - when you stereotype people into your pre-determined hate groups, it saves you from having to:

1) get to know them

You cannot argue with the fact that more people who were not properly indoctrinated in one of our fine Progressive Liberal universities voted for President Trump.
Facts are facts ... Presentation and interpretation can vary greatly.

i have no kids.

1) get to know them

Was it you who said they love fishing and hunting? Don't you want to go to the lakes etc where the fish are plenty and the forests where your animals abound?? Well I come here where the repubs all gather It's great sport reading some of their nitwit posts

1) get to know them

You cannot argue with the fact that more people who were not properly indoctrinated in one of our fine Progressive Liberal universities voted for President Trump.

and that's where i like to come back and talk over differences to find some common ground.

most people just do the "repukes" or "libtards" and off we go to 4th grade recess.

1) get to know them

and that's where i like to come back and talk over differences to find some common ground.

most people just do the "repukes" or "libtards" and off we go to 4th grade recess.
common ground? I like the tax cuts Just wish they were more equitably spread around and illegals ,,don't need them either but people who know no other country but this should stay here

The nitwits on the right seem to be pretending as well...

Russians already meddling in US midterms, Tillerson says

Read the article ... The quotes Tillerson made ... And remove the editorial bullshit.

Tillerson wasn't quoted suggesting what the article or title does.
He said some things the commentator pretending to be a journalist then elaborated on.

Why am I not surprised you could not identify the fake news ... :dunno:

Did you bother to actually listen to the video? There is no ambiguity in his words if you took the time to listen to the video

Uh, yeah I watched the video ... Tillerson didn't say what the title suggests.

He said something along the lines that if Russia wanted to meddle in the elections there is little we could do to preempt it.
He indicated that if they want to ... They could.

A-Rod could cave your skull in with a baseball bat ... It doesn't mean I think he is going to.

The nitwits on the right seem to be pretending as well...

Russians already meddling in US midterms, Tillerson says

Read the article ... The quotes Tillerson made ... And remove the editorial bullshit.

Tillerson wasn't quoted suggesting what the article or title does.
He said some things the commentator pretending to be a journalist then elaborated on.

Why am I not surprised you could not identify the fake news ... :dunno:

Did you bother to actually listen to the video? There is no ambiguity in his words if you took the time to listen to the video
Sec. of State are not usually chosen by the President, not really. Do some research into the CFR.

They are chosen by the establishment. It is the establishment and the military-industrial complex that is pushing this narrative, and if Trump wants to remain POTUS, he has to go along. It is pretty much bogus. You can safely just ignore it.

Tillerson was just playing along to appease Richard Haas and establishment goons like Mueller. There is no "hacking," just attempts to influence, just like the US attempts to influence every other nation's elections.

Get over it already.

So, in your little tinfoil hat world Tillerson was the establishment choice? really? :itsok:
Not really.

I've read some articles about the tension between Tillerson and Haas.

I think it has more to do with Trump's governing style. For clues on this, refer to, "The Are of the Deal."

This guy is doing what Trump has a hard time doing. . . diplomatically.

computers-internet-web-online-conspiracy-conspiracy_theories-cgon507_low.jpg

Amen to that.

I suppose that depends on how you define fake news doesn't it?

No, it doesn't and that's really the problem. There is only one definition of fake. Something is either fake or it's not. Simply labelling something as fake does not make it so.
Agreed.

I pointed that out on my first post in this thread.

This study defined a lot of pages as "fake news," which weren't.

It defined Sean Hannity as fake news.

Sure, I detest the guy, and yes, he has been duped into using shady sources, but has come clean, (usually,) when he has done so, but that doesn't mean that all of his stuff is bad.

On the same token, I KNOW for a fact, that WaPo has posted blatantly fake stuff, does that mean EVERYTHING they post is fake? How come WaPo didn't make this study's list of fake sources?

IOW, the study this article is based on is biased, so this HuffPo article, by definition, is, Fake News, as is most of HuffPo's crap. Does that mean everything that HuffPo prints is?

(Well, most of it is. . . but that doesn't mean all of it is.)

No, it doesn't and that's really the problem. There is only one definition of fake. Something is either fake or it's not. Simply labelling something as fake does not make it so.
Agreed.

Sure, I detest the guy, and yes, he has been duped into using shady sources, but has come clean, (usually,) when he has done so, but that doesn't mean that all of his stuff is bad.

On the same token, I KNOW for a fact, that WaPo has posted blatantly fake stuff, does that mean EVERYTHING they post is fake? How come WaPo didn't make this study's list of fake sources?

IOW, the study this article is based on is biased, so this HuffPo article, by definition, is, Fake News, as is most of HuffPo's crap. Does that mean everything that HuffPo prints is?

Funny. The actual study (done by experts) paints a different picture.

http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-cont...018/02/Polarization-Partisanship-JunkNews.pdf

Right, so some Oxford eggheads decide what constitutes "junk news sources" and then they proceed from there. Thanks for sharing more worthless propaganda again.

Agreed.

Funny. The actual study (done by experts) paints a different picture.

http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/wp-cont...018/02/Polarization-Partisanship-JunkNews.pdf
Everyone is an “expert” to an idiot Democrat who doesn’t know anything.

1) get to know them

common ground? I like the tax cuts Just wish they were more equitably spread around and illegals ,,don't need them either but people who know no other country but this should stay here
it's a %, if you put less in, you get less back. not sure why that is hard to understand.

and trump seems to be working to allow dreamers but wants the overall issue fixed along the way.

Fifty-five percent of all junk news traffic on Twitter can be linked to Trump supporters, researchers said.

Trump supporters and extreme conservatives consume and share more “junk news” on social media than every other political group combined, a University of Oxford study has found.

The three-month study, published Tuesday as part of the school’s Computational Propaganda Research Project, scrutinized the habits of 13,477 politically active U.S. Twitter users and 47,719 public Facebook pages in the months leading up to the State of the Union address late last month.

The authors then mapped how links to junk news sources flowed through the social media networks. Based on the links users shared and other factors, researchers separated them into distinct (yet often overlapping) cohorts, which they labeled “Hard Conservative,” “Women’s Rights,” “Conspiracy,” “Libertarian,” “Trump Support,” “Democratic Party,” etc.

The study linked a full 55 percent of all junk news traffic on Twitter to the “Trump Support” group. “On Twitter, a network of Trump supporters shares the widest range of known junk news sources and circulates more junk news than all the other groups put together,” the authors noted.

For comparison, the “Democratic Party” and “Progressive Movement” groups together accounted for 1 percent of junk news traffic on Twitter, according to the study.

And on Facebook, the study found that “extreme hard right pages—distinct from Republican pages—share the widest range of known junk news sources and circulate more junk news than all the other audiences put together.” The “Hard Conservative” group accounted for 58 percent of junk news traffic on Facebook. (The “Democratic Party” group accounted for 12 percent.)

More: Trump Supporters Consume And Share The Most Fake News, Oxford Study Finds

This should come as no surprise to most honorable and sane people. We see it 24/7 right here on USMB.

in other news, the sun rose in the east this morning and water is wet.

Forum List

Back