Trump supporters; what would get you to turn against him?

If he turned out to be a tax cheat?

If he actually did shoot someone on Fifth Ave. in broad daylight?

If irrefutable proof turned up that he is a serial rapist?

If he was caught on camera/tape trash-talking his gullible supporters?

What would it actually take for you to be like, "maybe this guy wasn't the best choice for president"?

Because I know you'd love it if he fired Mueller (not directly, mind you) disbanded the FBI, and declared himself Emperor for Life, despite that running entirely contrary to the ideals the U.S. was founded upon.
I think you misunderstand Trump loyalty. Most of the people you call Trump loyalists are really just hillary anti loyalists.

You see, trump was something fresh, something new, and wasn't tainted by the funk of establishment garb. In other words, he wasn't a politician, and that is what they were looking for.

Most of these people are good people, and not the hate mongering anti (insert phrase here) people. Most of them abide by the rule of law, and want their government to do the same. I would imagine all the stereotype behavior you see here on usmb is probably just a lot of them toying with you.

Myself, I'm not loyal to any particular person, but, rather, to their integrity to the office they hold. If they come up with any concrete evidence of Trump wrong doing, if he indeed has been proven to have commuted crimes for which removal from office was the answer, of be the first to say he needs to go. I can only speak for myself, but I have a hunch most true conservatives would probably feel the same.
But, you sound ... rational.

Are you sure you're a trump supporter...?

:)

What would it actually take for you to be like, "maybe this guy wasn't the best choice for president"?

Because I know you'd love it if he fired Mueller (not directly, mind you) disbanded the FBI, and declared himself Emperor for Life, despite that running entirely contrary to the ideals the U.S. was founded upon.

What would it take for you to admit that he is doing an extraordinarily good job?

It would take him doing an extraordinarily good job?

His ridiculous squabbling with foreign leaders already takes him out of the "excellent" category. The only thing Trump does well is doing nothing. When he leaves things to competent people and sticks to golf, that's when he's at his best. He doesn't really know anything anyway. He needs to play more golf and talk less, and then maybe I can say with a straight face that he's an okay president.

Trouble is, many of his appointments are corporate stooges or just plain incompetent.

Shakespear-S.jpg

I think you misunderstand Trump loyalty. Most of the people you call Trump loyalists are really just hillary anti loyalists.

You see, trump was something fresh, something new, and wasn't tainted by the funk of establishment garb. In other words, he wasn't a politician, and that is what they were looking for.

Most of these people are good people, and not the hate mongering anti (insert phrase here) people. Most of them abide by the rule of law, and want their government to do the same. I would imagine all the stereotype behavior you see here on usmb is probably just a lot of them toying with you.

Myself, I'm not loyal to any particular person, but, rather, to their integrity to the office they hold. If they come up with any concrete evidence of Trump wrong doing, if he indeed has been proven to have commuted crimes for which removal from office was the answer, of be the first to say he needs to go. I can only speak for myself, but I have a hunch most true conservatives would probably feel the same.

I'm not a Republican supporter, nor am I a Democrat supporter. I'm someone who wishes we could finally, for once, get some honesty and real transparency in our government. I'm someone who wants politicians to remember what is is we sent them there to do.

As it stands right now, I don't trust any politician. Most politicians are only there to get re elected. They all run on campaign promises, and will say anything to get elected, but once in office, the main goal is to stay in office. This is why I support term limits for all levels of government. From state elected to nationally elected politicians.

The problem is, while newly elected senators and congressmen may have good intentions upon arrival to their new position, it doesn't take long for them to become integrated into the political machine, and they end up doing whatever it is that their committee leaders want.

We've all seen the stories where a senior legislator will exert pressure on the juniors to vote a particular way, or they will stall all their bills, or have them removed from their committee assignment. How is this representation of the people? It is representation of a certain few, which is not the role we asked them to fulfill.

About stidding my fat face that is...im trying to be good and lose weight, but it's so hard! So many good foods out There! I'm working on it though :D

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes your fat and lonely..

(Wear good shoes , you might get laid tonight by Betsy the cow)

Now back to the subject..
Lol, betsy...thats funny.

This is a prime example of why things are so messed up right now. As in your reply to me, the same in government. There is no civility between us.

These, being my first posts on this forum, were in no manner aggressive toward anyone, yet, your first impulse was to go on the offensive. That is fine, it is how you feel. The problem is, we, as a society, will never advance...any cause, while we are fighting each other.

The problem with republicans and democrats is....republicans and democrats. We are all so caught up in our own political ideology that we fail to see the forest from the other sides perspective.

Politicians are no different. They are so caught up in political posturing that they have all forgotten their primary function, and that is to serve the public.

Ask yourself, do you really think any (both left or right) are there with the best interest of their constituents in mind? I think not.

That is a hackneyed theme and a dangerously naïve way to think. You can pretend to be above the fray, but SOMEONE is going to be elected and you will have to live under that rule. Two sides are shooting at each other, and you're sitting on the fence.......in between them.
True, but it doesn't lessen the crux of the problem any. As long as we are shooting at each other, well always be shooting at each other. Something has to give somewhere, or the state were in will continue perpetually.

I don't consider myself above anyone or anything. I have my beliefs and political stance, but, I'm not above saying "hey, this is a problem. If you really want to help the country, we need to start HERE, then we can advance".

That’s fine but it’s a pipe dream to think it can be fixed. The best that can happen is that it calms down once in a while.

Nothing. He could eat an 8 month old fetus with extra ketchup -- while getting fucked in the ass by Putin on live TV, and the Trump humpers would still support him.

Of course, yours is a perfect example of the imbecilic Left.

Trump voters voted for his policies, not the man.

Had any other candidate come out against illegal immigration, tax cuts, the lying pols and media, pro-Israel, and treating all Americans equally, well...who knows who the President would be.

About stidding my fat face that is...im trying to be good and lose weight, but it's so hard! So many good foods out There! I'm working on it though :D

Sent using Tapatalk

This is a prime example of why things are so messed up right now. As in your reply to me, the same in government. There is no civility between us.

These, being my first posts on this forum, were in no manner aggressive toward anyone, yet, your first impulse was to go on the offensive. That is fine, it is how you feel. The problem is, we, as a society, will never advance...any cause, while we are fighting each other.

The problem with republicans and democrats is....republicans and democrats. We are all so caught up in our own political ideology that we fail to see the forest from the other sides perspective.

Politicians are no different. They are so caught up in political posturing that they have all forgotten their primary function, and that is to serve the public.

Ask yourself, do you really think any (both left or right) are there with the best interest of their constituents in mind? I think not.

That is a hackneyed theme and a dangerously naïve way to think. You can pretend to be above the fray, but SOMEONE is going to be elected and you will have to live under that rule. Two sides are shooting at each other, and you're sitting on the fence.......in between them.
True, but it doesn't lessen the crux of the problem any. As long as we are shooting at each other, well always be shooting at each other. Something has to give somewhere, or the state were in will continue perpetually.

I don't consider myself above anyone or anything. I have my beliefs and political stance, but, I'm not above saying "hey, this is a problem. If you really want to help the country, we need to start HERE, then we can advance".

That’s fine but it’s a pipe dream to think it can be fixed. The best that can happen is that it calms down once in a while.
I know, highly unlikely, but one can hope. What I do know is "doing something the same way but expecting a different result....."

I know, highly unlikely, but one can hope. What I do know is "doing something the same way but expecting a different result....."

We did get a different result. We got the POTUS to go along with the house and senate.

If he turned out to be a tax cheat? Only if he didn't teach me how to do it.

If he actually did shoot someone on Fifth Ave. in broad daylight? Depends on who. If he shot a dem pol dead, I'd take that as permission to go on a spree.

If irrefutable proof turned up that he is a serial rapist? Depends on the kind of cereal.

If he was caught on camera/tape trash-talking his gullible supporters? He was, and they voted him in anyway.

What would it actually take for you to be like, "maybe this guy wasn't the best choice for president"? If it turns out he actually is orange and that's not his real hair.

I'd turn against him if he let Hezbollah conduct illegal drug trade in the U.S. in order to make nicey nicey with Iran.

I'm not a Republican supporter, nor am I a Democrat supporter. I'm someone who wishes we could finally, for once, get some honesty and real transparency in our government. I'm someone who wants politicians to remember what is is we sent them there to do.

As it stands right now, I don't trust any politician. Most politicians are only there to get re elected. They all run on campaign promises, and will say anything to get elected, but once in office, the main goal is to stay in office. This is why I support term limits for all levels of government. From state elected to nationally elected politicians.

The problem is, while newly elected senators and congressmen may have good intentions upon arrival to their new position, it doesn't take long for them to become integrated into the political machine, and they end up doing whatever it is that their committee leaders want.

We've all seen the stories where a senior legislator will exert pressure on the juniors to vote a particular way, or they will stall all their bills, or have them removed from their committee assignment. How is this representation of the people? It is representation of a certain few, which is not the role we asked them to fulfill.
STOP !!! I can't stand any more of this!

You are far too reasonable. This is probably the first post I've read that I agree with 100 percent.

One of my gripes is that our politicians (both parties, local & national) campaign as "normal" people. But when they get elected they become arrogant pricks who act as if they're too important and too busy to talk to constituents or the press. Who the fuck do they think they work for?

Another gripe is that the parties refuse to work together. Like it or not, the U.S. is a big place, we have over 300 million citizens and all of them have a stake in what policies are enacted and which laws are passed. Compromise is necessary to the survival of a marriage, to getting kids to do what they're supposed to do, to keep a job, to get along in life. Who, with half a brain, cannot understand the importance of compromise when it comes to governing something as complex as this country?

Not sure if I qualify. I didn’t vote for trump. But he is our president. I’ve said since the election I’ll support him when he does good and oppose him when he doesn’t. Same attitude I had with Obama

And if he commits a crime he faces justice.

But he hasn’t and he has been doing good so I’ll support him when people lie about him. Just like I did Obama

Trump voters voted for his policies, not the man
Haha....oh really? Like...healthcare for all? Like, reining in hedge fund management? Like paid maternity leave, or childcare deductions? Like no cuts to social security or Medicare? Ha, boy did they get fooled, eh?

Haha....oh really? Like...healthcare for all? Like, reining in hedge fund management? Like paid maternity leave, or childcare deductions? Like no cuts to social security or Medicare? Ha, boy did they get fooled, eh?

Supposedly Rick Santorum is fighting for paid maternity leave. Of all people.

But only for women, amd only for women who gave birth. Not adoptive parents, not male gay couples, etc. He is a fundamental religious nutball who is not tryimg to institute parental leave, but rather incentivize traditionally married people to have more babies, in order to swing the demographic back to his Christian vision of paradise

But only for women, amd only for women who gave birth. Not adoptive parents, not male gay couples, etc. He is a fundamental religious nutball who is not tryimg to institute parental leave, but rather incentivize traditionally married people to have more babies, in order to swing the demographic back to his Christian vision of paradise

Welp, gotta start somewhere, I guess.

Welp, gotta start somewhere, I guess.
Okay then, I say, paid maternity leave only for Muslims. Cool?

Forum List

Back