Trump thinks he can change the Constitution via EO

Trump plans to sign executive order ending birthright citizenship: Axios

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It should work, since he would be restoring the Constitution. The 14th Amendment was not meant to grant citizenship for people from foreign countries who are born here, it was intended to tell the democrats that their former black slaves actually were citizens...

More red meat for the masses. Even he is not stupid enough to think this will work.

"Under current policy, anyone born in the U.S. – regardless of whether they are delivered by a non-citizen or undocumented immigrant – is considered a citizen. The interpretation has been blamed for so-called 'birth tourism' and chain migration.

The 14th Amendment states: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

I hope he does! It should end. It would end all these mothers having babies in our country and then leaving to go back to their country. Then coming back as they complain, "My baby was born here in the US, so that makes me a citizen, too!"

We need to do something to stop the flow of these illegals coming here. They are taking advantage of our resources. We have enough hard time trying to take care of our own. Nevermind someone's child from another country. Especially, when the parents come here illegally.

Yes... the key point..."and subject to the jurisdiction thereof."

Now now you don't want to throw any water on the Trumptard campfire.

To

In retrospect---who really knows if Trump knows that he can't change the constitution with an Executive order? According to this op-ed that you can listen to he doesn't know a lot. This ignorance is also corroborated in Bob Woodward's new book Fear. You can listen to the op-ed by clicking this link.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/09/05/new-york-times-op-ed-full-bolduan-erin-vpx.cnn-

This country has elected a man with the emotional stability of a teenage drama queen with a 7th grade understanding of U.S. policy.

The only way an amendment to the Constitution can be repealed or changed requires a 2/3's vote of the Senate, a 2/3's vote of the congress, and then it has to be ratified by 38 state legislatures. The odds of that ever happening is zero to none. You'll also note that this has nothing to do with the President.
Paul Ryan disagrees with Trump's call to end birthright citizenship, says it would be unconstitutional

This video will explain just how stupid Trump really is. There is nothing like admitting to Obstruction of Justice right on National T.V.

In the above video they are referring to an article that was confirmed by James Clapper, National Intelligence director, under sworn testimony over a year ago. Here is that article.
British spies were first to spot Trump team's links with Russia

For confirmation of Clapper's testimony scroll down this link until you see Feinstien asking Clapper questions.
Full transcript: Sally Yates and James Clapper testify on Russian election interference

But I imagine that are a lot of Trump tards out there that believe Trump can change the 14th amendment via an Executive order--:iyfyus.jpg:

Last edited:
Of course you do but then again you probably disagreed with the same "calculus" when Trump was doing the same "fire up the base on immigration" dance during the 2016 campaign, right? Seems to have worked for him then and I suspect the Presidents political advisors are in a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode.

.. and there is no "Tinkering with the Constitution" going on, if he does actually do this EO (big IF) then it's just going to force SCOTUS to provide an interpretation of the 14th Amendment, which is something that is well within the purview of SCOTUS according to the current standards of judicial review, or do you not agree with SCOTUS having the authority to do judicial review?

He lost the PV and won the EC by 80,000 votes in 3 states. I hope they do try to overturn the Constitution by EO. What’s next? No more 1st Amendment?

Lib please Trump won the popular vote by 1 million votes in 49 of the 50 states, 30 states out right, and over 300 EC votes, Trump destroyed you.

Here is the root problem; your inability to accept facts.

The fact is your side lost, Trump is POTUS, ouch! :auiqs.jpg:

Hillary got 3M more votes than the blob

...in California I finished your sentence for you snowflake. :auiqs.jpg:

Sure there is, he's getting his base fired up right before the mid terms on his signature issue, whether he follows through on this EO or not, the timing is purely political.

I thought it was kind of funny that during the interview he played coy about being surprised that Axios knew about the EO, I'd be willing to bet he's the one that ordered it to be leaked.

I disagree with the calculus. Tinkering with the Constitution is disastrous. The hardcore Trump supporters may be on board...suburban soccer moms? No.

Of course you do but then again you probably disagreed with the same "calculus" when Trump was doing the same "fire up the base on immigration" dance during the 2016 campaign, right? Seems to have worked for him then and I suspect the Presidents political advisors are in a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mode.

.. and there is no "Tinkering with the Constitution" going on, if he does actually do this EO (big IF) then it's just going to force SCOTUS to provide an interpretation of the 14th Amendment, which is something that is well within the purview of SCOTUS according to the current standards of judicial review, or do you not agree with SCOTUS having the authority to do judicial review?

He lost the PV and won the EC by 80,000 votes in 3 states. I hope they do try to overturn the Constitution by EO. What’s next? No more 1st Amendment?

Lib please Trump won the popular vote by 1 million votes in 49 of the 50 states, 30 states out right, and over 300 EC votes, Trump destroyed you.

No. He didn’t. And the only people that believe that are Trumpanzees.

Moot point. With a week before the election, only Trumpanzees care about the caravan. Nobody else, and that includes the majority of women, independents, seniors, minorities, and young voters do.

It’s all about healthcare, and Republicans taking it away, cutting social security and Medicare, and giving tax cuts to billionaires, that they don’t agree with, and curiously enough, Republicans are not running on.

LMAO you suck at math fool. Hillary won 4 million more votes in California, Trump won the other 49 states by 1 million votes. Tissue?

everything for the general warfare instead of the general welfare from the right wing.

Trump to end anchor babies, so much for Dem's plans to collude with Mexico to undermine US elections Trump just bitch slapped the left again. Good job Trump :eusa_clap:

:abgg2q.jpg:

Ahhh Trump...what a joke.

I cannot imagine how staggeringly stupid/mental disturbed you HAVE to be to look up to this manchild.

everything for the general warfare instead of the general welfare from the right wing.

Trump to end anchor babies, so much for Dem's plans to collude with Mexico to undermine US elections Trump just bitch slapped the left again. Good job Trump :eusa_clap:
nobody takes the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

nobody takes the right wing seriously about the law, Constitutional or otherwise.

Only voters in 30 states who entrusted us with confirming 2 new SCOTUS justices...ouch! :auiqs.jpg:

Only voters in 30 states who entrusted us with confirming 2 new SCOTUS justices...ouch! :auiqs.jpg:
lol. even more reason to not take the right wing seriously. it requires an amendment.

lol. even more reason to not take the right wing seriously. it requires an amendment.

Do something about it, stop losing elections.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage; and, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed, is being advanced on the left.

It's just something for him to get his base fired up about. Actually doing it would take a constitutional amendment.

Not gonna happen.
I dunno. If the gop loses the House, I can see him doing it just to distract from the House going after his financials and possibly making Mueller's report fully open to the public.

a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage; and, unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed, is being advanced on the left.

The left is advancing a plan for failure? :eusa_eh:

It's just something for him to get his base fired up about. Actually doing it would take a constitutional amendment.

Not gonna happen.
I dunno. If the gop loses the House, I can see him doing it just to distract from the House going after his financials and possibly making Mueller's report fully open to the public.
He could try, it would definitely keep the GOP base distracted.

And it saves we the tax payer billions each year.

Actually the exact opposite is true. I hope he tries to subvert the Constitution before the midterm. Manna from Heaven
I respectfully disagree. His base is so far gone they will NOT wake up if he tries to subvert the Constitution. They will continue to applaud because....MAGA!
------------------------------------------- Trump can't subvert the Constitution with an EO . Trump is just getting his thinking out in the public and signaling more actions after the Election . Its just a signal to his Deplorables Bode . [imo]
This isn't subverting the Constitution.
ok then, Obama could have nullified the 2nd amendment.
8aylmcw89dv11.jpg
Trump isn't talking about repealing the 14th amendment.

Forum List

Back