Trump thinks wages are to high, get's caught and lashes out

"Prosperity Through Lower Wages!"
Are you saying "prosperity through higher wages" is truth?

Why do you believe that wages are too high for regular workers but they aren't too high for ceos, executives and management?

The wages for those people are in the hundreds of thousands to millions a year.

Yet you have a problem with raising the wages of people who make minimum wage or above. The people who actually do the hard work in a company to make it profitable.

The problem isn't wages for the workers. It's the wages for the ceos, executives and management. They're paid way too much.
lol

We can talk about slavery, forced labor, and all that, but right now, just being a regular full time worker is next to being a wage slave. A friend of mine that worked at Books A Million said basically the same kind of crap went on at their store too.

Think Walmart is an Evil Empire? Wait Until You Read This... - Forward Progressives

Yet the average Walmart employee makes $8.81 per hour. It would take the typical full-time Walmart employee 818,553 years to make as much as one heir to Walmart is worth ($15 billion on average). So keep all of that in mind as I tell you about what it’s like working for these greedy bastards.

When you first get hired you’re given an orientation, like at most jobs. In this orientation you’re shown several videos, one of which is called “The Benefits of Working for Walmart.” But it’s really a 30 minute video bashing unions. No, I’m not kidding. It’s literally a video about 30 minutes long of people telling you how terrible unions are to work for. After that, depending on your job, the training is fairly typical. But the true nature of the greed of this company is found in how they run their business. See, everything is controlled in Arkansas. From the air conditioning and heat, inventory to the scheduling system.

Everything is controlled at their home office in Arkansas. ....

“Full-time” at Walmart is just a term, it definitely doesn’t mean 40 hours per week. It’s common for “full-time” Walmart employees to get 32-34 hours a week. For part-time, sometimes you’re lucky if you get 20 hours. And don’t even think about overtime, they’ll write you up if you go over 40 hours in a week without permission.

If you work over 6 hours you’re required to take a lunch. I’m sure this stems from previous lawsuits against them for not giving employees the legally required break and lunch times. In fact, to ensure those working 6 hours or more take a lunch they lock them out of any system until they clock out for at least 30 minutes. And be careful, they schedule a ton of 5 1/2 hour shifts so you’re only required to be given one 15 minute break, and if you happen to stay a little later and go even 1 minute over 6 hours—you’re required to take a lunch. If you don’t, you get written up as well. Not because they care about ensuring you’re given the breaks/lunches you deserve, but because they don’t want to get sued for not giving them to you.

When you work at Sam’s Club you’re required to sell memberships—and credits, and early renewals and warranties. Honestly, checking out at Sam’s Club borders on harassment. They’re strict on these numbers and ride the employees relentlessly about hitting “goals.” Are there perks to reaching these goals? Well, sure—you get to keep your job. That’s basically it. Mind you, they put this kind of pressure on employees making less than $10 per hour. They treat them more like high-level sales employees than what they are; low-level hourly cashiers.

Towards the end of my time at Sam’s the regional manager, which is the person overseeing all the clubs in a certain area, told every Store Manager that they were required to hit their numbers and cut 110 wage hours—per day, every day. He actually told them, “You’re asking yourselves right now if I really said hit your numbers and cut 110 hours daily, and yes I did. I don’t care how you do it, just get it done. Oh, and make sure we don’t have long lines, our ‘member service’ stays top-notch and our employees have positive attitudes.”
We can talk about slavery, forced labor, and all that, but right now, just being a regular full time worker is next to being a wage slave. A friend of mine that worked at Books A Million said basically the same kind of crap went on at their store too.

Think Walmart is an Evil Empire? Wait Until You Read This... - Forward Progressives

Yet the average Walmart employee makes $8.81 per hour. It would take the typical full-time Walmart employee 818,553 years to make as much as one heir to Walmart is worth ($15 billion on average). So keep all of that in mind as I tell you about what it’s like working for these greedy bastards.

When you first get hired you’re given an orientation, like at most jobs. In this orientation you’re shown several videos, one of which is called “The Benefits of Working for Walmart.” But it’s really a 30 minute video bashing unions. No, I’m not kidding. It’s literally a video about 30 minutes long of people telling you how terrible unions are to work for. After that, depending on your job, the training is fairly typical. But the true nature of the greed of this company is found in how they run their business. See, everything is controlled in Arkansas. From the air conditioning and heat, inventory to the scheduling system.

“Full-time” at Walmart is just a term, it definitely doesn’t mean 40 hours per week. It’s common for “full-time” Walmart employees to get 32-34 hours a week. For part-time, sometimes you’re lucky if you get 20 hours. And don’t even think about overtime, they’ll write you up if you go over 40 hours in a week without permission.

If you work over 6 hours you’re required to take a lunch. I’m sure this stems from previous lawsuits against them for not giving employees the legally required break and lunch times. In fact, to ensure those working 6 hours or more take a lunch they lock them out of any system until they clock out for at least 30 minutes. And be careful, they schedule a ton of 5 1/2 hour shifts so you’re only required to be given one 15 minute break, and if you happen to stay a little later and go even 1 minute over 6 hours—you’re required to take a lunch. If you don’t, you get written up as well. Not because they care about ensuring you’re given the breaks/lunches you deserve, but because they don’t want to get sued for not giving them to you.

When you work at Sam’s Club you’re required to sell memberships—and credits, and early renewals and warranties. Honestly, checking out at Sam’s Club borders on harassment. They’re strict on these numbers and ride the employees relentlessly about hitting “goals.” Are there perks to reaching these goals? Well, sure—you get to keep your job. That’s basically it. Mind you, they put this kind of pressure on employees making less than $10 per hour. They treat them more like high-level sales employees than what they are; low-level hourly cashiers.

Towards the end of my time at Sam’s the regional manager, which is the person overseeing all the clubs in a certain area, told every Store Manager that they were required to hit their numbers and cut 110 wage hours—per day, every day. He actually told them, “You’re asking yourselves right now if I really said hit your numbers and cut 110 hours daily, and yes I did. I don’t care how you do it, just get it done. Oh, and make sure we don’t have long lines, our ‘member service’ stays top-notch and our employees have positive attitudes.”

Does the vast majority of minimum wage workers have a IQ of less than 80?

There are government programs to help those who truly need it, no one is starving.

You mean disability?

No.

Oh, welfare then. I mean if they cut back on janitors, and now one is out of work, who was living paycheck to paycheck and his unemployment runs out, as everyone is cutting back on janitors, what is this unskilled worker to do. He has 2 children in school and his wife is working part time at Walmart?

What now?? They have not been able to save a dime, but both of them are hard workers , never missed a day of work and were there on time all the time.

Oh their car broke down and wife takes the bus to work. What now?? His low IQ is rather a disability , he did graduate from HS but that was when they didn't care if one knew how to read or not.

What the hell are you babbling about?

Who says living paycheck to paycheck is a bad thing? Hell, most everyone lives paycheck to paycheck. If it's dimes you want to save then you should not live above your means. You should not get married and have children if you can't afford to. Why should the rest of society pay for your bad choices?

This is not me, but I'm sure there are many people in this situation. Are you now saying the poorer levels of society should not get married or have kids? I thought that is the reason for open boarders, is to have younger people who work for less.

No one should have children until they are able to adequately provide for them.

I'll ignore your open borders comment because it has nothing to do with the conversation and is designed to pettifog the issues.

I find it very interesting that the trump followers have no problem with all the lies trump is telling them.

How can you believe a word he says?

And how can you trust him to do the right thing?

If he will lie to you now, what else will he lie to you about and why do you want a leader who can't tell the truth?

Why do you want a leader who will quickly say the opposite of what they said just because that leader knows that someone else in the campaign could steal his voters?

Why can't you people see trump is a snake oil salesman who will continue to lie for his own personal gain?

Well you're all conservatives, you like to be lied to. Look who you've been supporting, defending and voting for the last couple decades.

All you're doing is supporting, defending and voting for the same garbage you've been supporting, defending and voting for, for the last couple decades.

And you're all too stupid to see it.

I find it very interesting that the trump followers have no problem with all the lies trump is telling them.

If he will lie to you now, what else will he lie to you about and why do you want a leader who can't tell the truth?

Why do you want a leader who will quickly say the opposite of what they said just because that leader knows that someone else in the campaign could steal his voters?

Why can't you people see trump is a snake oil salesman who will continue to lie for his own personal gain?

Well you're all conservatives, you like to be lied to. Look who you've been supporting, defending and voting for the last couple decades.

All you're doing is supporting, defending and voting for the same garbage you've been supporting, defending and voting for, for the last couple decades.

who you voting for?

You have me confused with a liberal.

No, I think you are a Birther type, Alex Jones fan from the sound of you.

I think welfare should only be for those that truly need it and those that are committing welfare fraud should be locked up.

Agreed.

I think employers and employees can agree on a fair salary and the government shouldn't get in the way.

Whoa. Without government standards we would have silk tongued bastards talking people into indentured servitude contracts all over again. Some people are just that stupid, the lower 30% of the gene pool I refer to.

Letting them be exploited hurts everyone economically and is inhumane to allow.

You call bullshit on people living from paycheck to paycheck? Most people I know count on ever single paycheck and can't afford to miss a single one or a bill will go unpaid.

Most people I know have a set amount that they save and they only live 'paycheck to paycheck' with those deductions coming out first for their 401k, TSP or IRAs. They have health care pretax deductions that go into savings. Their mortgages are another big investment that they build up equity in and is another form of savings, not to mention enough insurance to float a battleship.

No most people in fact do not live paycheck2paycheck.

Like I said moron, if you CAN"T afford to get married or have children you shouldn't. But too many of you idiots do.

Children can be put to work after they hit the age of 8 or so, if not on a farm then doing chores that makes the life of the family easier and more more comfortable. God determines how many kids we have and to tell Him what that number is is just horse shit.

Less than half of US workers have a 401k or any kind of pension. I guess the people I know are a lower class than the ones you know. Most of the ones I know rent and are not buying a house.

Does God determine when you can engage in sexual intercourse?

Does God not care if the children he determines you can have are being provided for?

I'm thinking God would not want you to have a child that you cannot raise properly.

Then God would not allow the conception of the child, dude.

All children are a blessing from God.

So God doesn't allow conception of children unless they can be well provided for?

I think the millions of starving children in Africa would disagree.

Hungry children in africa

Who the hell are you to tell anyone if they can have children? You just graduate to God or something? lol

I'll ignore your open borders comment because it has nothing to do with the conversation and is designed to pettifog the issues.

Open borders has EVERYTHING to do with the subject, bubba.

Yeah because 'You can keep your own doctor, period,' Obama and 'Stand by Your Man' Hillary Rodham are such beacons of Truth.

Global companies do not want to live in China or India , they want to live here in the US.

I think welfare should only be for those that truly need it and those that are committing welfare fraud should be locked up.

Agreed.

I think employers and employees can agree on a fair salary and the government shouldn't get in the way.

Whoa. Without government standards we would have silk tongued bastards talking people into indentured servitude contracts all over again. Some people are just that stupid, the lower 30% of the gene pool I refer to.

You call bullshit on people living from paycheck to paycheck? Most people I know count on ever single paycheck and can't afford to miss a single one or a bill will go unpaid.

Most people I know have a set amount that they save and they only live 'paycheck to paycheck' with those deductions coming out first for their 401k, TSP or IRAs. They have health care pretax deductions that go into savings. Their mortgages are another big investment that they build up equity in and is another form of savings, not to mention enough insurance to float a battleship.

Like I said moron, if you CAN"T afford to get married or have children you shouldn't. But too many of you idiots do.

Children can be put to work after they hit the age of 8 or so, if not on a farm then doing chores that makes the life of the family easier and more more comfortable. God determines how many kids we have and to tell Him what that number is is just horse shit.

Less than half of US workers have a 401k or any kind of pension. I guess the people I know are a lower class than the ones you know. Most of the ones I know rent and are not buying a house.

Does God not care if the children he determines you can have are being provided for?

I'm thinking God would not want you to have a child that you cannot raise properly.

So God doesn't allow conception of children unless they can be well provided for?

Oh, welfare then. I mean if they cut back on janitors, and now one is out of work, who was living paycheck to paycheck and his unemployment runs out, as everyone is cutting back on janitors, what is this unskilled worker to do. He has 2 children in school and his wife is working part time at Walmart?

What now?? They have not been able to save a dime, but both of them are hard workers , never missed a day of work and were there on time all the time.

Oh their car broke down and wife takes the bus to work. What now?? His low IQ is rather a disability , he did graduate from HS but that was when they didn't care if one knew how to read or not.

Who says living paycheck to paycheck is a bad thing? Hell, most everyone lives paycheck to paycheck. If it's dimes you want to save then you should not live above your means. You should not get married and have children if you can't afford to. Why should the rest of society pay for your bad choices?

This is not me, but I'm sure there are many people in this situation. Are you now saying the poorer levels of society should not get married or have kids? I thought that is the reason for open boarders, is to have younger people who work for less.

Your right, I agree with Trump, and herein lies the problem:
"During the debate, Trump said, “But, taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world. I hate to say it, but we have to leave it the way it is. People have to go out, they have to work really hard and have to get into that upper stratum. But we can not do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.”

There is only room for so many at the top, real hard work, I'm just not sure what he means by that, working hard, or becoming what he is a deal maker. Very easy for someone born with a silver spoon to say. That should also include cutting wall street pay and Ceo's pay, I am for higher taxes on the rich, no more non profit orgs and charitable deductions allowed, and stopping wasteful gov. spending. The charitable orgs they give to are usually self made, and so are the non profits as a way to filter money and avoid taxes.

Trump never said that American workers wages SHOULD BE LOWERED. He was saying that in the global free trade economy we have Americans are making too much to be competitive.
Donald Trump, November 10, in the Republican debate: There is nothing that we do now to win. We don’t win anymore. Our taxes are too high. I’ve come up with a tax plan that many, many people like very much. It’s going to be a tremendous plan. I think it’ll make our country and our economy very dynamic. But, taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world. I hate to say it, but we have to leave it the way it is. People have to go out, they have to work really hard and have to get into that upper stratum. But we cannot do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.

Donald Trump, December 28, on Twitter: Wages in are country are too low, good jobs are too few, and people have lost faith in our leaders.We need smart and strong leadership now!

Who the hell are you to tell anyone if they can have children? You just graduate to God or something? lol

Open borders has EVERYTHING to do with the subject, bubba.

Hey stupid, I'm not telling anyone they can't have children. I'm saying they shouldn't have children they can't take care of.

Open borders wasn't even mentioned until she brought it up so how can it have EVERYTHING to do with the subject?

Did I say that? No, I did not.

As if you gave a shit.

Yes you did say that in response to my questions:

As if you gave a shit.

Global companies do not want to live in China or India , they want to live here in the US.

Agreed.

"During the debate, Trump said, “But, taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world. I hate to say it, but we have to leave it the way it is. People have to go out, they have to work really hard and have to get into that upper stratum. But we can not do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.”

There is only room for so many at the top, real hard work, I'm just not sure what he means by that, working hard, or becoming what he is a deal maker. Very easy for someone born with a silver spoon to say. That should also include cutting wall street pay and Ceo's pay, I am for higher taxes on the rich, no more non profit orgs and charitable deductions allowed, and stopping wasteful gov. spending. The charitable orgs they give to are usually self made, and so are the non profits as a way to filter money and avoid taxes.
The government has no business in messing with wages. ESPECIALLY capping it.

Trump never said that American workers wages SHOULD BE LOWERED. He was saying that in the global free trade economy we have Americans are making too much to be competitive.
Donald Trump, November 10, in the Republican debate: There is nothing that we do now to win. We don’t win anymore. Our taxes are too high. I’ve come up with a tax plan that many, many people like very much. It’s going to be a tremendous plan. I think it’ll make our country and our economy very dynamic. But, taxes too high, wages too high, we’re not going to be able to compete against the world. I hate to say it, but we have to leave it the way it is. People have to go out, they have to work really hard and have to get into that upper stratum. But we cannot do this if we are going to compete with the rest of the world. We just can’t do it.

Donald Trump, December 28, on Twitter: Wages in are country are too low, good jobs are too few, and people have lost faith in our leaders.We need smart and strong leadership now!
so he didn't say it... lol

But Jihadi Don DID say first they were too high, and then too low. But when he said they were too high, he said you can't raise them and be able to compete, so if they are now too low then they must stay low to be competitive.

Agreed.

So who gets your vote? Hillary or Bernie?

But Jihadi Don DID say first they were too high, and then too low. But when he said they were too high, he said you can't raise them and be able to compete, so if they are now too low then they must stay low to be competitive.
I know. I just didn't understand why you reposted that info and didn't discredit the poster you were replying to.

I know. I just didn't understand why you reposted that info and didn't discredit the poster you were replying to.
I was showing the argument was that Jihadi Don Trump said that wages were both too high and too low, not that they should be lowered. The only thing consistent with both is that whether too high or too low wages can't be raised.

6b4ec4849c07e0edb6b5193d4ebbed3e.jpg

Agreed.

So who gets your vote? Hillary or Bernie?

Neither as of now, can't do Bernie although I like some of his ideas, but communism follows too much socialism, and cant' do Hillary right now as she is a war monger, right now the only one who stands a chance for my vote is Trump only due to the fact he believes more in diplomacy than war (so it sounds) and is into fixing infrastructure, and fairer trade. War Is not the answer to anything.

Forum List

Back