Trump to Accept Jan 6 Committee Subpoena on One Condition: He Testifies on Live TV

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, interesting. If I were the Democrats I would call that bluff. Not only do they have the opportunity to let Trump make himself look like a crazy man on live TV but, not even Trump knows what he is going to say from minute to minute, giving him the opportunity to say something that could be used against him, even if he had just misspoken.
And they still won’t agree

Think the committee will take Trump up on that? They could, but I seriously doubt for very obvious reasons.

“He’s been talking to advisers about how, you know, he would consider testifying if they would air it live, which is also not surprising…it seems hard to imagine the committee would go for that.”
Tump knows he's not smart enough to stand up to committee questioning. He never testifies voluntarily, and he takes the 5th on almost every question. That's proof that he knows he isn't up to the task of meeting them on equal footing. Run and hide is what trump does best. and he certainly hasn't grown enough balls to change that now.

And they still won’t agree
Maybe not but I think they will. The investigation is an investigation, biased or not. Just having one person up there bloviating how innocent he is with no proof or other witnesses to his side (which the left won't allow), it would open Trump up to exactly what they want out of him. They'd actually be stupid not to let Trump do that and Trump should have never offered. It was probably a bluff but a bad bluff.

Tump knows he's not smart enough to stand up to committee questioning. He never testifies voluntarily, and he takes the 5th on almost every question. That's proof that he knows he isn't up to the task of meeting them on equal footing. Run and hide is what trump does best. and he certainly hasn't grown enough balls to change that now.
Trump has not testified because of the obvious perjury trap they would set up. If you were truly informed you would know that.

Trump has not testified because of the obvious perjury trap they would set up. If you were truly informed you would know that.
Don't lie, Don't get caught lying. Problem solved. Trump knows he isn't smart enough to answer questions without lying.

Think the committee will take Trump up on that? They could, but I seriously doubt for very obvious reasons.

“He’s been talking to advisers about how, you know, he would consider testifying if they would air it live, which is also not surprising…it seems hard to imagine the committee would go for that.”
Gotta love him.

He used some very scathing words in his formal response to the Jan 6th committee, and he even included four pictures of the Jan 6th crowd size and his state by state proof of election fraud....

1665770343454.png

His testimony would be useless. He won’t answer anything he doesn’t want to and there’s no way to force him to do so.

He testified in the NY AG probe and couldn’t even answer if he was president of the Trump Organization.

From your link:

The twice-impeached former president initially made it known to associates that he might forgo challenging the subpoena and choose to appear if his testimony were aired live on television.

I'm sure he did whisper his intent, like a little bitch, to the unnamed associates around him. What he hasn't done is make that request to the committee. In fact the headline of your link is

Trump refuses to say if he’ll testify in four-page letter response to Jan 6 committee subpoena vote​

Yeah, whatever...this is entertainment anyway.

Forum List

Back