Trump to pressure governors to reopen schools

Except for 10% of their budget, the Feds have NO Control over Elementary and High Schools!
Trump CANNOT tell states to open their schools to kids. THAT is a Governors call.
Texas' Governor Abbott has mandated that schools open safely, but without any money to buy
the equipment to do that. Also, no firm guidelines on anything. Just free flowing BS.
Moreover, the WH can't seem to be able to cite the authority by which Capt. COVID can make good on his threat.

We know what this is about. The country will struggle to re-open if schools can't provide what is essentially day-care for millions of kids, preventing the parents of young kids from going back to work.

The organizing principle of Trump's reaction to COVID from the beginning has been to prevent damage to the economy. He has done this largely by downplaying the health risks from the virus and thus by not providing leadership to prevent its spread. The result, a resurgence of the first wave and now demands that the resurgence be ignored for the sake of enhancing his re-election chances by ramping up economic activity. He couldn't care less that this will put more people's health in jeopardy.

I heard on the radio yesterday that instead of our leader, its up to each state when the kids go back to school, so if people don't like when their kids are to return, dial up whoever your govern is I guess.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Trump has seemingly threatened to withhold or somehow hinder federal funds for schools if his demands for opening schools are ignored.

If the localities and states don't open the schools, why would they need Federal Funds at all?
Stop drinking Brawndo or similar drinks. Stop it now.

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.
The shit that Trump and crew has been throwing at the wall lately is not sticking.
The distraction tactics to upcoming events is amazingly all the same.

You are aware that Trump had nothing to do with the release of Paul Manafort or Michael Cohen. I was sure you knew that.

Why doesn't the left want children to get an education?
Stupid question!
You're right. It's a fact. The left does not want children to get an education.
Can you provide documentary evidence of that? Of course not. But then again, your reputation as a liar on this board is well known. And you have no debating skills.
I don't debate you because you are a lying enemy and beneath my contempt.

Wallace: Someone with Trump's incompetence will not decide if my kid goes back to school Words cannot explain the sheer incompetence and evil of sending children back to school, just to try and make Trump look good. And by the way, he's making the decision? I thought the states were on their own to do their own deciding?

Just to put this into perspective, Trump wants to expose the kids, teachers, and staff to Covid, but has Michael Cohen, and Paul Manafort released early because of possible exposure. am I understanding this correctly? covid-19 is so deadly that Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen had to be released from prison early, but it's also so benign that we need to be packing the nation's children back into their schools pronto? ok cool, that checks out Trump and his administration have failed this country and put us all in danger. And the kids? To hell with them.

The Federal Government and the President of the United States isn't in charge of opening or closing schools. It isn't one of his constitutional powers.

As far as schools, remember, President Trump has a school aged kid at home. He understands how important it is for children to get an education.
Why do you think Euro countries have been able to send their kids back to school? Any idea?
Well it's not time here in the U.S. Why is that?

The goal in the United States is to try to take down President Trump. Opening up in Europe while keeping the US locked down as tight as the President's Rear End is going to be used to try and destroy the American Presidency and Middle Class.
To communist democrats its a side door to attacking the economy. School closures are used to keep working parents home. The communist democrats measure their success by how much misery they can bring to others.

Why shouldn’t schools reopen?
Why should I even bother explaining this if you already know what I am going to say?

Of course I know what you were going to say. You are a predictable imbecile. Why don’t you try and educate yourself on the subject first.

Right so you’re an idiot for asking. Glad we cleared that up.

How typical. You post an article about what OTHER countries are doing. As in, countries that have a much better grasp on the virus than we do. See those nations are at risk for a “second wave”, but the US? Our nation is a hotbed for the virus and we are still in the first wave. We lead the world by a big margin in cases and there is no sign of a slowdown in infections.

COVID 19 is a psy-op and the bar has been lowered so low that if you have a cough? You are put into the "COVID -19" positive camp. If someone comes in that was killed in a car accident and allegedly tests positive for COVID-19, that death is put in the stats of COVID....this is all bullshit and the sheeple are being scared into compliance. I bet ya Billy boy will be the first in line for the fast-tracked "vaccine" for this alleged self-mutating virus that is lurking everywhere......what a joke Billy is.

You are the one who is a psy-op. You need a good psychiatrist. Go tell that to someone who has lost a loved one. They would rigyhtly beat your brains out. You are the joke and a bad one at that.

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Luckily, none of them are going to listen to this moron anyway.

Yeah, it's only most of the world getting kids back in school. But you don't care, because this is a political football you can use, and you hate educated kids anyway, that's why you support those public schools where kids come out dumber than they went in.

The rest of the world took tough action to beat the coronavirus. Trump has been fixated on re-election no matter how many people die. If he had been more of a leader then he wouldn't be in the position he is. Trying to protect the Confederacy.

Exactly! How can parents GO to work, and Home-School their kids?
They can't!
NOT everyone has the luxury of being able to stay home with their kids...
And those of you who do are gonna teach your kids that Democrats are "the spawn of the Devil!"

I thought republicans cared about states rights? Not anymore! Trump wants it so now his supporters must insist it is a good idea.

Trump just proves daily that Bolton was honest for once in saying Trump's only guiding principle is reelection. But ironically, he may be turning Ariz blue and putting Tex actually in play. Americans tend to find the health and safety of children motivational

That works, I blame the governors for not shutting their states down soon enough and losing over a million lives. They also opened back up to soon and guilty of those lives as well.
So the virus has "killed over a million lives"?
Better tell that to fauci and the CDC. I'm sure they would want to know...........LYING ASSHOLE!
Already apologized. Sorry you are late to the apology.

The Federal Government and the President of the United States isn't in charge of opening or closing schools. It isn't one of his constitutional powers.

As far as schools, remember, President Trump has a school aged kid at home. He understands how important it is for children to get an education.
Why do you think Euro countries have been able to send their kids back to school? Any idea?

The goal in the United States is to try to take down President Trump. Opening up in Europe while keeping the US locked down as tight as the President's Rear End is going to be used to try and destroy the American Presidency and Middle Class.

In Europe the number of coronavirus cases are decreasing. In the US, it is skyrocketing. Europe took tough actions early. Republicans opened up while cases were going up. That is why.
Good luck with that polish robot. He has specific programming only.

The truth hurts Trump supporters.

How typical. You post an article about what OTHER countries are doing. As in, countries that have a much better grasp on the virus than we do. See those nations are at risk for a “second wave”, but the US? Our nation is a hotbed for the virus and we are still in the first wave. We lead the world by a big margin in cases and there is no sign of a slowdown in infections.

That has nothing to do with it, dumb ass. For once, how about you shut up and actually try and learn something. After all, you think you're some big critical thinker, right?

:itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok::itsok:

Trump just proves daily that Bolton was honest for once in saying Trump's only guiding principle is reelection.

Is that not every politician? I can't think of any off the top of my head who I've ever heard say "I'm doing this because it's the right thing to do and if it costs me reelection then so be it."

Not one bedwetter has explained to us how children are in danger by going back to school. Children don’t get ill from the virus, and certainly don’t die from it at any significant rate. I mean out of 130,000 plus deaths, 14 were in the age group of 5-14. And I bet most if not all had some other very serious conditions.

No takers? Science and statistics scare you off?
BWK , okfine ?
14 is 14 too many. Also they have families as well. They can infect their family.

Hey moron, according to the CDC, out of all the deaths in the US, only 14 deaths are in the age group of 5-14. School age kids are virtually unaffected by the virus. In Arizona the only minor to die with the virus had many other medical conditions.

But, we all know you people are science deniers, and you only object to it because the politics matter more than statistics and science. The left want to keep kids at home and single moms unemployed. Your only goal is the total destruction of the economy. You could care less when a black child is shot dead in Chicago where Dems refuse to send police. So stop pretending you give a shit about the children going to school as if it is even dangerous.

There is no point whatsoever in providing facts about anything to Democrats. To them, the only thing that matters are FEELINGS!

If President Trump suggested to NOT open the schools until Fall 2021, and there had been no new cases of COVID-19 in six months, the Democrats would be screaming and stomping their little feet in faux outrage and that it was insane to not wait a full year.

Democrats have no clue as to what to do. All they know is that ANYTHING President Trump does is a calamity!

You and Trump have no clue what is happening. Cases are skyrocketing and at this time it is hard to see how schools open on time.

To communist democrats its a side door to attacking the economy. School closures are used to keep working parents home. The communist democrats measure their success by how much misery they can bring to others.

You want as many people to die so Trump can be re-elected. If he was doing his job in fighting the coronavirus, he wouldn't need to do the stupid things he is doing.

Trump just proves daily that Bolton was honest for once in saying Trump's only guiding principle is reelection.

Is that not every politician? I can't think of any off the top of my head who I've ever heard say "I'm doing this because it's the right thing to do and if it costs me reelection then so be it."
Reagan bet his second term on his tax cut, and Obama bet his on killing Bin Laden. W was sort of unique in that he bet his second term but then beat Kerry as being a waffler on supporting troops in war and scaring the shit out of people. (-: Slick didn't really face any crisis. HW was really just Reagan's third term, and then he raised taxes.

The job sometimes requiring not putting self before America.

I don't see a problem with sending kids back to school, as long as they are issued and wear masks and wash their hands between classes and only remove the masks after leaving school. They can skip lunch while actually in the school and if that's the only meal they get before getting their evening meal, they are still eating better than millions in third-world nations.

I can't complain too much about this, as I thought this was a good idea before the Corona Panic.

Close the brick and mortar Government Schools, and go strictly to online. No more gas bills, no more lunch ladies, no more school buses, no more books, no more paddles. The teachers could live anywhere. Hermitage PA School District could hire new educators in Bangalore or Mumbai and no one would be the wiser.

A lot of money could be saved.

Forum List

Back