Trump to Puerto Rico....I gave you paper towels, why arent you better already?

[Puerto Rico is an impoverished territoryLike most of the Caribbean, they invest in modern infrastructure in the tourist and wealthy areas and the rest of the island (surrounded by water, ocean water) suffers
`
Why is it "impoverished?" Could widespread criminality be the cause of that?

No more than the rest of the Caribbean. Many of those islands are extremely wealthy with billionaire estates, exclusive beachfront resorts, plantations, rum factories. But like with most capitalism, the wealth of an island goes to the few while most of the people live in poverty. It is not the poor people who scratch out a living that are making the economic decisions...it is the wealthy

It is the poor people of Puerto Rico that we are trying to save

I just saw a report where PR politicians are hording supplies and doling them out to their supporters only. That tells you all you need to know about the political mindset in PR.

Show us

See post #124 for a link.

Gee whiz, what happened to the republicans' respect for the sanctity of life and all that stuff, or are they just are just talking about abortion maybe. Yeah that's it. Bitching about abortion's a freebie and no money spent.
A few billion to save a country like puerto rico and thousands of lives shouldn't be too much to ask considering the trillions wasted on blowing up and rebuilding iraq, no? And American companies would get in on the action too. C'mon trump and you republicans, do it for the children at least.

`
Does that include rebuilding an energy grid, criminally neglected by their elected (but wealthy) officials?
^Criminally stupid.
Even if it were state of the art, it would have still been destroyed.

I live on the Jersey shore and we were hit by Sandy which was a Cat 1 hurricane. We were without power for eight days and we have some of the most up to date power infrastructure in the country. We had trucks from power companies around the country coming to repair the storm damage and we still waited eight days to get power restored

Puerto Rico got hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes ten days apart. I don't consider it "criminal" that their power grid was destroyed. Since Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water you can't just drive in repair crews from other states

I was without power for 16 days after Ike, I ran two generators 24/7 at my own expense. I've since installed a propane operated whole home generator.

North East has some of the best infrastructure in the country and still got smashed by a Cat1 storm

To criticize PR for two Cat 5 s is nonsense

You might want to inform the OP, your comrade seems to be under the impression that a 3,500 square mile power grid can be reconstructed in a few weeks.

If it can't be reconstructed in a few weeks....why is Comrade Trump threatening to pull FEMA

Gee whiz, what happened to the republicans' respect for the sanctity of life and all that stuff, or are they just are just talking about abortion maybe. Yeah that's it. Bitching about abortion's a freebie and no money spent.
A few billion to save a country like puerto rico and thousands of lives shouldn't be too much to ask considering the trillions wasted on blowing up and rebuilding iraq, no? And American companies would get in on the action too. C'mon trump and you republicans, do it for the children at least.
If there was a Trump Golf Course in Puerto Rico, he wouldn't be threatening them

If there was a Trump Golf Course in Puerto Rico, he wouldn't be threatening them

Only one there is a course he said he would fix and didn't.

^Criminally stupid.
Even if it were state of the art, it would have still been destroyed.

I live on the Jersey shore and we were hit by Sandy which was a Cat 1 hurricane. We were without power for eight days and we have some of the most up to date power infrastructure in the country. We had trucks from power companies around the country coming to repair the storm damage and we still waited eight days to get power restored

Puerto Rico got hit by two Cat 5 hurricanes ten days apart. I don't consider it "criminal" that their power grid was destroyed. Since Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water you can't just drive in repair crews from other states

I was without power for 16 days after Ike, I ran two generators 24/7 at my own expense. I've since installed a propane operated whole home generator.

North East has some of the best infrastructure in the country and still got smashed by a Cat1 storm

You might want to inform the OP, your comrade seems to be under the impression that a 3,500 square mile power grid can be reconstructed in a few weeks.

If it can't be reconstructed in a few weeks....why is Comrade Trump threatening to pull FEMA

He didn't, he just said the islanders need to step up and do more for themselves. They've cleared less than 10% of the roads at this point, electrical crews and aid can't make it down blocked roads. Trump is just trying to motivate them to step up and take more responsibility.

He didn't, he just said the islanders need to step up and do more for themselves. They've cleared less than 10% of the roads at this point, electrical crews and aid can't make it down blocked roads. Trump is just trying to motivate them to step up and take more responsibility.

They've been stepping up. Trump is the one who hasn't.

The Orange Mother Fucker Hates Brown Americans....The Orange Harvey Weinstein wants to Abandon American citizens from Puerto Rico to their fate while continuing to spend in Afghanistan etc

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

We have wasted an enormous amount of blood and treasure in Afghanistan. Their government has zero appreciation. Let's get out!

4:06 PM - Nov 21, 2013

Trump wants to abandon Puerto Rico in order to stay in Afghanistan ..............16 years of rebuilding Infrastructure in all those places where Americans do not live ....why is that ?

Cost of War in Iraq & Afghanistan
$1,791,574,357,772

The GOP evangelical Right to Lifers are ready to spend any amount of Money in useless unnecessary wars while proclaiming they are in favor of a "Culture of Life" what a Giant pile of Horse Shit

PR is a third world shithole, always has been. Not sure why you think Trump can change that.

I agree and frankly I couldn't give shit one about PR. Let em take care of themselves.

Nice concern for your fellow citizens, douche.

Since they aren't fellow citizens the douche is on you. Dumbass.

But they are fellow citizens.

No they aren't. They are Puerto Ricans, Not
Americans.
Every time the vote comes up for them to become a State, they vote it down.

They don't pay taxes and they don't vote because they aren't Americans.

They are no more American than Syrians are.

Catch a clue dumbass.

Once again, Trump is blaming the victim
Why doesn't Texas, Florida and California take more responsibility? They are better situated economically than Puerto Rico

PR is a third world shithole, always has been. Not sure why you think Trump can change that.

I agree and frankly I couldn't give shit one about PR. Let em take care of themselves.

Americans.

Catch a clue dumbass.
Seems they are better Americans than you are

How do people work when their time is spent just trying to survive? It requires a lot of time daily to gather the necessary resources.
This is literally a post-apocalyptic world they are living in.

Americans.

Catch a clue dumbass.

They are Americans. Puerto Rico is an American territory.

They do pay taxes.

The Federal Income Taxes Puerto Ricans Pay - Puerto Rico Report

They are, dope.
I see you are in the lower 50th percentile of Americans.

Nearly Half of Americans Don’t Know Puerto Ricans Are Fellow Citizens

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Americans.

Catch a clue dumbass.

^ Truly retarded.

Catch a clue dumbass.
Catch a clue shit for brains ...stop being a Trump cock holster...

On March 2, 1917, the Jones–Shafroth Act was signed, collectively making Puerto Ricans United States citizens without rescinding their Puerto Rican citizenship.

22050047_10155622283998796_7838089873174378043_n.jpg

Trump Doesn’t Care That Americans Are Dying As He Plans To Cut Off Puerto Rico Aid

The death toll from preventable illnesses is growing in Puerto Rico as President Trump announced that he would limit aid to the island.…

By Jason Easley on Thu, Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:01 am

Rachel Maddow Destroys Trump By Explaining How He Is Killing People In Puerto Rico
MSNBC's Rachel Maddow connected the dots and showed how Trump's dysfunction and incompetence are killing people in Puerto Rico.…

Last edited:

Forum List

Back