Trump Trade Agreement A Grand Slam Home Run

Yes, that's the third time you've pasted that. So how does this disprove what I'e said all along? How does this disprove that reducing the trade deficit can offset the cost of trump's wall?

This is just going in circles.
You seem to be claiming the tariffs are hurting China, that clearly is not currently the case. For it to hurt them their exports to us would have to go down, it is increasing. Meanwhile paying more for Chinese goods certainly hurts us.

Why? Why must they go down? If they don't go down that means we're making money now whereas without tariffs we wouldn't be. That's wall money dude.

Also, as I said, there are way too many variables to make that statement. Just because China has a larger surplus doesn't mean the tariffs aren't working. The goal isn't to make China's trade surplus go down, it's to reduce or offset our deficits. China is just one country, these tariffs were just put into effect. Give our steel industry time to rekindle itself then we will see.

None of this is relevant to the goal of the tariffs. We aren't doing it to hurt china, we're doing it to reduce the damage their tariffs do to our producers.
We pay the tariffs. China is only affected if their production goes down. Given their surplus that is not the case.

I don't care what happens to China. I only care what happens to us. If people keep buying from china, great. It means that the tariffs are generating revenue that can offset taxes. If they don't, great, it means they're buying domestically made steel or they found a cheaper option. This is win/win. China doesn't have to get screwed for us to not be screwed. They've been cheating the whole "free trade" mantra for long enough. They're just spoiled and upset that we're fighting fire with fire.

I will take tariffs over taxes any day. Taxes are often unavoidable while tariffs are a business decision. I'm more a fan of having a choice than not and tariffs give us a choice where taxes don't.

If done right, it means that the tariffs generated will pay for things like the wall, and reduce the trade deficit. What's not to like about this?
We all buy lots of things that are made in China. It's just another tax then. One that will hit the poor harder than the rich. If it gets out of control it will slow the economy.

Yes, that's the third time you've pasted that. So how does this disprove what I'e said all along? How does this disprove that reducing the trade deficit can offset the cost of trump's wall?

This is just going in circles.
You seem to be claiming the tariffs are hurting China, that clearly is not currently the case. For it to hurt them their exports to us would have to go down, it is increasing. Meanwhile paying more for Chinese goods certainly hurts us.

Why? Why must they go down? If they don't go down that means we're making money now whereas without tariffs we wouldn't be. That's wall money dude.

Also, as I said, there are way too many variables to make that statement. Just because China has a larger surplus doesn't mean the tariffs aren't working. The goal isn't to make China's trade surplus go down, it's to reduce or offset our deficits. China is just one country, these tariffs were just put into effect. Give our steel industry time to rekindle itself then we will see.

None of this is relevant to the goal of the tariffs. We aren't doing it to hurt china, we're doing it to reduce the damage their tariffs do to our producers.
We pay the tariffs. China is only affected if their production goes down. Given their surplus that is not the case.

I don't care what happens to China. I only care what happens to us. If people keep buying from china, great. It means that the tariffs are generating revenue that can offset taxes. If they don't, great, it means they're buying domestically made steel or they found a cheaper option. This is win/win. China doesn't have to get screwed for us to not be screwed. They've been cheating the whole "free trade" mantra for long enough. They're just spoiled and upset that we're fighting fire with fire.

I will take tariffs over taxes any day. Taxes are often unavoidable while tariffs are a business decision. I'm more a fan of having a choice than not and tariffs give us a choice where taxes don't.

If done right, it means that the tariffs generated will pay for things like the wall, and reduce the trade deficit. What's not to like about this?
We all buy lots of things that are made in China. It's just another tax then. One that will hit the poor harder than the rich. If it gets out of control it will slow the economy.

Well, only time will tell. So far, it hasn't negatively affected our economy at all. Our economy is doing better than it has in a long long time. Not that I think tariffs are all of that, or even most of it, but it's something. You can always tell who gets screwed by who moans the loudest. When it comes to Tariffs, that's the EU, China,Canada, and Mexico. Right now it's surely not our buyers or our suppliers.

Well, only time will tell. So far, it hasn't negatively affected our economy at all. Our economy is doing better than it has in a long long time. Not that I think tariffs are all of that, or even most of it, but it's something. You can always tell who gets screwed by who moans the loudest. When it comes to Tariffs, that's the EU, China,Canada, and Mexico. Right now it's surely not our buyers or our suppliers.
Most of our buyers bought extra expecting this. As they have to start paying the tariffs it will hurt our economy.

Because, basically, nothing's changed.

Oh, the name, right, fair enough.

Hey, libtardo, if nothing changed then why did Mexico and Canaduh have to be dragged kicking and screaming in to a new agreement?

God, the left is so fucking stupid.

When you point your finger at someone else, there are four pointing back at you dumnass! Nothing materially changed. This is not a whole new agreement. This is NAFTA with tweaking. But with true Trumpian hyperbole, everthing he does has to be labelled the great thing ever in the history of the world, and like a total idiot here you are claiming that this is absolutely correct.

As for your idiot comment that Canada and Mexico had to be "dragged and screaming" to the negotiating table, hardly. Canada and Mexico had long wanted to update the agreement which was written before there was such a thing as a publically available internet. So much needed to be updated.

Don't get too excited about your big dairy "win". Any milk exported to Canada has to be Canadian production standards, which means no steriods and no antibiotics. Good luck with that one.

Your President likes to do everything with a lot of unnecessary drama and bullshit. NAFTA 2.0 is no exception.

Brian, There is not point in arguing with a Trumpet. They do no understand that they pay these tariffs themselves. They are actually taxes on the population of America, but there is no point in explaining this to Trumpets. It is above their pay grade.

Because, basically, nothing's changed. Oh, some auto conditions, which may push manufacture of smaller vehicles out of the US, some IP restraints developed by Obama's administration for the TPP, some dairy with Canada, some environmental and labour with Mexico, and not until 2020 or so. Big deal.

Oh, the name, right, fair enough. 'Now it's a brand new deal.' What a doofus.
Ya know... I'd never post something as STUPID as you just did... really.. I mean don't you worry about people knowing how STUPID you are?

Why did you post something STUPID. We know you are STUPID because all Trump supporters are STUPID.
My God... you're so fucking dumb you couldn't even be original. You had to copy as much of my post as you could. You obviously aren't smart enough to scratch your own tits.

Take a break, bubble head, I think you just overloaded your insect brain... you idiot democrat twit.

You are so stupid that you are nothing but a monkey who learned a little about reading and writing. You don't even know where your own ass is located so blow it out your asshole if you can find it.

Take your Russian ass and take a break because you have to find your brain you idiot Trump sexual assault supporter.,

Lmao!

Where'd the Russian bot touch you? Did he Putin it in the wrong hole?

You are the wrong hole Commie!

Did you not even read what I wrote? What action is he supposed to take when he, by constitutional mandate, isn't the one to write the funding bills? The guy campaigns endlessly on reducing the deficit and does his best to convince voters and congressional leaders to reduce the budget deficits. He's doing all that he can. It's not his fault you only follow fake news and listen to lies.

As you pointed out, he can veto it. What are the chances of the veto being overridden with the razor thin margin in Congress? Slim I would say, then they have to come back with something better.

You are like most of the Trump sheep, you are won over by smooth words and pep rallies. I am won over by actions.

He submitted a budget request to congress ,was it smaller or larger than the one from the previous year? Do you even know?

His actions show that he cares a great deal about the economy, which is why people are better off today than they have been in over a generation. That's just less than 2 years into his 8 years also. He's already out performed Reagan and reversed much of the damage dealt by Bush and Obama. Unfortunately, he has little control over the retardation of congress.

If he cared about the debt, he would not have pushed through tax cuts that reduced revenue without demanding spending cuts.

For FY-18, the three months before the tax cut we were adding $2,692,377,671 to the debt each day on average.

For the 9 months after the tax cut we added 3,748,935,609 to the debt each day on average.

That is an average of $1,056,557,938 per day that was added to the debt as a direct result of less revenue.

That is not the actions of a man that gives a shit about adding to the debt.

The only thing he has out preformed Reagan on is adding to the debt, Trump oversaw the single largest one year increase in the deficit in the history of our country when the FY ended on Sunday.

The problem with the tax bill also is that they retained loopholes for the rich. When Reagan did his tax reform, he cut out loopholes for the rich. The Republican tax bill retained the carried interest deduction which is a sop to Wall Street. A new passthrough rate which will lower taxes for the wealthy, and a tax break for real estate trusts which Trump personally benefits.

What is also not accounted for is that when we have a deficit with a nation, it may not be because they are robbing us blind as some think. If this is the case, Wal Mart has a trade deficit with everyone who shops there. Few consumers sell anything to Wal Mart.

It is the same with nations. Do they automatically need what we are exporting? To think that a nation needs what we manufacture just because we need what they manufacture is pretty silly. We’re good at making cars here for example. Afghanistan has a lot of raw materials. Are we to expect them to buy enough cars to equal or exceed what they sell us?

Why America Can't Just Make Everything It Needs

Give it some thought.

A deficit can mean many things, but I would fall short of calling it good. It should be minimized. Why? Because of security, in case of war, you want to be self sufficient, tax revenue which you can more easily get from local production rather than tariffs which are avoidable, or to be more efficient, energy wise.

There's a difference between getting something we absolutely cannot make, and letting a country flood our country with cheap goods because they have no human rights, we have no tariffs.

Consider that most of our deficit is comprised of goods that once were made here, but are now cheaper to make elsewhere. It's cheaper to make elsewhere, in part, because the tariff issue is one way right now. We can't make anything here and export it because tariffs make it too expensive. It/s far cheaper to make it in china, then sell it to us with no tariffs. That's what is happening. Nobody will buy our goods because they have all made it impossible for our goods to compete in their markets. WHile buyers over there might pay more initially, it's our producers who have been eviscerated. The proof is in the pudding.

It's killed our manufacturing centers.

It has not. One of the reasons employment in manufacturing has gone down is because companies are able to produce more products with fewer people. Also growing automation is another reason. Automation is why Carrier is laying off people.

The fact is that little things like pencils, shower curtains and other products like that cannot be made cheaply in the US. Tariffs will hurt low income and lower middle class people but you don't give a damn. That is interesting since red states are generally near the bottom when it comes to per capita income.

Tariffs are taxes; taking one over the other is like saying you would rather drink arsenic because you don’t want to drink poison.

Hey, libtardo, if nothing changed then why did Mexico and Canaduh have to be dragged kicking and screaming in to a new agreement?

When you point your finger at someone else, there are four pointing back at you dumnass! Nothing materially changed. This is not a whole new agreement. This is NAFTA with tweaking. But with true Trumpian hyperbole, everthing he does has to be labelled the great thing ever in the history of the world, and like a total idiot here you are claiming that this is absolutely correct.

As for your idiot comment that Canada and Mexico had to be "dragged and screaming" to the negotiating table, hardly. Canada and Mexico had long wanted to update the agreement which was written before there was such a thing as a publically available internet. So much needed to be updated.

Don't get too excited about your big dairy "win". Any milk exported to Canada has to be Canadian production standards, which means no steriods and no antibiotics. Good luck with that one.

Your President likes to do everything with a lot of unnecessary drama and bullshit. NAFTA 2.0 is no exception.

"Canada and Mexico had long wanted to update the agreement"

Thanks for the laugh, petunia. Obama didn't do a fucking thing to improve it and now you use an excuse of Canaduh wanted to improve it all along.

Damn, why are you taking this opportunity to make an ass out of Obama?

"Canada and Mexico had long wanted to update the agreement"

Thanks for the laugh, petunia. Obama didn't do a fucking thing to improve it and now you use an excuse of Canaduh wanted to improve it all along.

Damn, why are you taking this opportunity to make an ass out of Obama?

Look a squirrel!!! Nobody mentioned Obama but you, but nice deflection.

Trump is an idiot who started a trade war saying trade wars are easy to win. So far he's not winning. The big stumbling block for the US was trade dispute mechanism. You know, the one that keeps ruling AGAINST the US softwood lumber tariff on Canadian lumber. That stays. The wording of the auto content requirement has shifted from 75% US made to 75% North American made. And the requirement that auto makers be paid a minimum wage is moot since the Canadian wage is already well in excess of that amount.

So what exactly did the US get out of the trade war with Canada and the Mexico?

Analysis | USMCA: Who are the winners and losers of the ‘new NAFTA’?

That's a whole lot of sound and fury for not a whole lot accomplished.

And WTG Justin!! Our "weak and dishonest" Prime Minister gave up almost nothing and Dumb Donald caved.

Finally a US President negotiating based on doing what's best for American Citizens. So refreshing. Nice job Trump. :thup:

Finally a US President negotiating based on doing what's best for American Citizens. So refreshing. Nice job Trump. :thup:

A couple minor tweaks and a new name...is that what you morons call the "art of the deal".

A couple minor tweaks and a new name...is that what you morons call the "art of the deal".

In all fairness, there are 2 or 3 dairy farmers in Vermont that are happy with Trump.

Yep, that half a billion dollars into Canadian dairy market is going to make all the difference in our trade deficit. :21::21::21:

Forum List

Back