Trump wants a Soviet Style MILITARY Parade through the streets of Washington DC

I have to say, I am disappointed. But it isn't the end of the world. I can handle disappointment.

Eighty nine % of people polled said no to a military parade citing costs.

Military Times poll: Majority oppose Trump's military parade

When pollsters “call out” good Americans don’t answer...they’re at work or busy raising families.
The flaw in harvesting data via telephone in the 21st century.
Just think about it...Do productive folks whom are mindful of time management and the value of their time really take calls from pollsters?
How likely is it that data being collected is being collected primarily from the lower 1/3?
How skewed would the data be if most was coming from our lowest grade?

Polls seem to be a primary talking point in politics these days...polls also serve as the primary propaganda machine for Democrats...what if polls were proven to be bullshit...what would Democrats have to play on?

This poll was an on-line poll of self selected individuals who read the Military Times (i.e. military people). There were no phone calls or any of the other bullshit you are talking about.

If you had ever spent a day in the military you would understand why the military folks do not want this parade. If you had ever spent weeks preparing for a Change of Command or a Hail and Farewell with your first sergeant yelling at you, then you would grasp why the military does not want this.

But alas, you will never be able to understand!
The Military Times is owned by the Gannett Company who also owns USA Today, supposedly the News organisation that never endorsed nor opposed a Presidential candidate until Trump, when they posted articles in opposition to his Presidency. I would be very suspicious of any poll from them. The Military Times is not an independent source for Military News

All that being said I doubt the lower ranks give a shit about parades.

That is because you never spent weeks preparing for one

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I have to say, I am disappointed. But it isn't the end of the world. I can handle disappointment.

When pollsters “call out” good Americans don’t answer...they’re at work or busy raising families.
Just think about it...Do productive folks whom are mindful of time management and the value of their time really take calls from pollsters?
How likely is it that data being collected is being collected primarily from the lower 1/3?

Polls seem to be a primary talking point in politics these days...polls also serve as the primary propaganda machine for Democrats...what if polls were proven to be bullshit...what would Democrats have to play on?

This poll was an on-line poll of self selected individuals who read the Military Times (i.e. military people). There were no phone calls or any of the other bullshit you are talking about.

If you had ever spent a day in the military you would understand why the military folks do not want this parade. If you had ever spent weeks preparing for a Change of Command or a Hail and Farewell with your first sergeant yelling at you, then you would grasp why the military does not want this.

The Military Times is owned by the Gannett Company who also owns USA Today, supposedly the News organisation that never endorsed nor opposed a Presidential candidate until Trump, when they posted articles in opposition to his Presidency. I would be very suspicious of any poll from them. The Military Times is not an independent source for Military News

Actually, the lower ranks are the ones most against a parade because they'd be the ones doing all the drilling, standing around, and marching.
The Privates will probably get a kick out of the shit the E4 mafia will try to sham out, E5's to E7's will have nervous breakdowns E8's and above will make everyone below miserable as fuck. Not one Warrant Officer will be seen. O1's and 2's will probably get a kick out of the shit O3's will have nervous breakdowns. What the fuck does an O4 do ? O5 and O6's will make there E9's lives miserable who will in turn make everyone elses lives miserable as fuck . 07's and above will sit in nice covered stands as it rans and or snows

Spoken like someone who never served a day

It seems as if Trump would like to use the military to enhance Trump. It would be Trump's parade and those that came to salute the troops would be saluting Trump.
I'll pass on the chance to salute Trump.

Actually, the lower ranks are the ones most against a parade because they'd be the ones doing all the drilling, standing around, and marching.
The Privates will probably get a kick out of the shit the E4 mafia will try to sham out, E5's to E7's will have nervous breakdowns E8's and above will make everyone below miserable as fuck. Not one Warrant Officer will be seen. O1's and 2's will probably get a kick out of the shit O3's will have nervous breakdowns. What the fuck does an O4 do ? O5 and O6's will make there E9's lives miserable who will in turn make everyone elses lives miserable as fuck . 07's and above will sit in nice covered stands as it rans and or snows

US Army 1996-2003 5 years CSSAMO 10th Mountain Division Ft Drum NY. 1 year 7 months 501st Military Intelligence Brigade South Korea.

Whats your service.

The troops HATE parades. All the practicing, standing in the cold or hot sun every day for weeks carrying their unloaded rifles ...it isn't fun.

Most parades are held at about 2:00 in the afternoon . This is about the warmest hour of the day. In Washington DC in November (Veterans Day), the average high is 58 degrees. That's not really cold, and certainly not hot. And nobody stands around for "weeks" practicing for parades.

It seems as if Trump would like to use the military to enhance Trump. It would be Trump's parade and those that came to salute the troops would be saluting Trump.
I'll pass on the chance to salute Trump.
Liberals love to create things. Got to admit, they do have creativity. :rolleyes:

The People have spoken and, more importantly, so has The Military. Remember back during the Obama reign and a topic or issue came up where The People ( majority) spoke out against a policy, the Liberals would say that the People did speak when they voted for him therefore, what he says goes. What if Trump took a page from Obama?

US Army 1996-2003 5 years CSSAMO 10th Mountain Division Ft Drum NY. 1 year 7 months 501st Military Intelligence Brigade South Korea.

Whats your service.

Probably a cook in a mess hall.

'The People' say a lotta stupid things. Trump only mentioned it in passing. He had good intentions. But of course the loony Democrat Hater-Bots freaked out. Now they're suddenly so concerned with spending. Where were they the previous 8ys? What a buncha disingenuous hypocrites.

Last edited:
Yes the people have spoken :)

oval office.jpg

Whats your service.

USMC 1988-2009. MOS 7041 GySgt (E7) Retired.

Units attached to:

1st LAAM Bn
MACG-18
MCAS Beaufort
VMFA-451
1st MAW G3
MCAS Yuma
Recruiting Station St Louis
MCAS New River.

Shocking that you were in that long and never figured out how much the lower ranks hate parades.

These Veterans Say Trump's Military Parade Would Be A Big Waste Of Time | HuffPost

WASHINGTON — For the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines who would be tasked with making it happen, a military parade like the one President Donald Trump reportedly envisions would be a colossal pain in the rear guard.

Trump has long fantasized about being in the center of a celebration involving thousands of soldiers marching in formation alongside tanks and missile launchers. And in January, after watching 6,000 soldiers march through Paris last summer to commemorate a turning point in the French Revolution, he told military brass to start planning a parade “like the one in France,” The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

Unlike France, the U.S. is ill-prepared to host a massive display of military might — in large part because it doesn’t do so very often. With the exception of small local celebrations, the last military parade in this country was at the end of the Persian Gulf War nearly 30 years ago. The one before that was to celebrate the end of World War II.

The military people are distancing themselves from the PINO.

Hold on...did I read that right?
So you're saying a Gook and a wetback "Veteran" don't approve of something Donald Trump wants to do? That's so fucking weird.
Ask a Jason Smith what he thinks?

Yanno..................I'm a Navy veteran who has over 20 years of service (yes, I'm retired with a full pension), and I'm also white, as well as am a descendant whose ethnicity is Norwegian (full blood on my Grandfather's side, he's an immigrant), as well as am German and Irish on my Grandmother's side. My father's lineage is French, German and English. I'm as white as they can be.

I think that this is a waste of time and energy. And I say that as a person who is as white as most come, as well as a veteran of 20 years of service to this country.

Is it "weird" that I also think that a parade to stroke Trump's ego is a bad thing as well?
Again, I believe he wanted to show the country our military. He believes they were abused under obummer. it was a way to create good will. It's obvious this country is beyond that ability. fk everyone is the state of the union.

Whats your service.

Units attached to:

1st LAAM Bn
MACG-18
MCAS Beaufort
VMFA-451
1st MAW G3
MCAS Yuma
MCAS New River.
Thank you for your service next time don't question others.

Whats your service.

Units attached to:

1st LAAM Bn
MACG-18
MCAS Beaufort
VMFA-451
1st MAW G3
MCAS Yuma
MCAS New River.

I apologize, and thank you for your service as well.

I had just never met anyone that was in who didn't hate parades and other dog and pony shows. Perhaps it was different in the Army.

Whats your service.

Units attached to:

1st LAAM Bn
MACG-18
MCAS Beaufort
VMFA-451
1st MAW G3
MCAS Yuma
MCAS New River.

I apologize, and thank you for your service as well.

I had just never met anyone that was in who didn't hate parades and other dog and pony shows. Perhaps it was different in the Army.
Its the Military everyone hates them except new recruits but you do as your told and keep the obvious bitching to a minimum.

The parade was a stupid idea. I can't even shit on Trump for it. If I was a world leader I'd probably think a military parade would kick ass for about 5 minutes as well. We probably won't hear about it again.

Forum List

Back