Trump wants Kaepernick & West for White House race summit

Lllll
Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

Maybe they'll find a few points ON WHICH THEY CAN AGREE.

I was hoping for something like this from the prior administration.

A football player and a music star in a race summit? Let’s bill it as a cage match. Let’s get ready to rumble.

How about people who have experience with the issues?
Doesn't matter to me. This country is obsessed with its celebrities and with celebrity. I've been saying all along that this issue runs so deep that any progress may need to start from popular culture. If that's what it takes, great. I don't care.

I'd give Trump credit for trying.

I would agree it is worth trying but it is hard to get around the rank hypocrisy of those NOW applauding it, who smeared the same efforts as racist when a black man in the Oval Office attempted similar conversations.

Suddenly now it isn’t racist?

Lllll
Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

Maybe they'll find a few points ON WHICH THEY CAN AGREE.

I was hoping for something like this from the prior administration.

A football player and a music star in a race summit? Let’s bill it as a cage match. Let’s get ready to rumble.

How about people who have experience with the issues?
Doesn't matter to me. This country is obsessed with its celebrities and with celebrity. I've been saying all along that this issue runs so deep that any progress may need to start from popular culture. If that's what it takes, great. I don't care.

I'd give Trump credit for trying.

I would agree it is worth trying but it is hard to get around the rank hypocrisy of those NOW applauding it, who smeared the same efforts as racist when a black man in the Oval Office attempted similar conversations.

Suddenly now it isn’t racist?
That's just the nature of partisanship and why it's dishonest and counter-productive. I don't care who does it, I don't care who gets the credit.

This, like pretty much everything else, is bigger than politics.

Trump is the guy that campaigned in Michigan and Wisconsin, when every "Reasonable" observer thought he was wasting his time.

He can see it.

The question is, is he going to be hard ball enough to hit the lie head on.

Or is he trying to be liked by people who hate him with every fiber of their being.
I think a combination of both.
He would need to demonstrate that he can see the big picture, and isn't bending over for either side of the issue.

He'd also need to control his impulse to over-promise, to over-showbiz, and to over-interpret the results.

He can do this. Most of the onus would be on West and Kap to stay focused and look for common ground.

Bullshit. The press will give West and Kaepernick a pass and will be looking for the slightest bullshit hint of a pretend reason to smear and attack Trump.
Or maybe something good will come of it.

We won't know unless we try in good faith.

Oh there is certainly a chance that something good can come of it.

But it will not be because the press is doing anything. It will be IN SPITE of all the press is doing to sabotage Trump, and anything that TRump might do,

not to mention any racial healing, at all.

The Press does not have Good Faith.

The press doesn’t control Donald Trump’s tweets, many of which cross the line into obstruction of justice.

Calling the Mueller probe a “witch hunt”, calling the FBI “corrupt”, calling Justice Department employees with subpoenas “Storm Troopers” all cross that line.

Can we agree that monuments to confederate generals and schools named after the same are an adront to people of color and not necessary for a full examination of this nations history?
No.
How about confederate monuments in areas that were never part of the civil war?
I don't recall seeing a Robert E Lee statue here in Davenport. Are you in favor of digging up Confederate cemeteries and tossing the bones in a Garbage dump?

Calling the Mueller probe a “witch hunt”, calling the FBI “corrupt”, calling Justice Department employees with subpoenas “Storm Troopers” all cross that line.
That's what it is. 18 months and they have nothing yet they keep going and ruining innocent lives.

Can we agree that monuments to confederate generals and schools named after the same are an adront to people of color and not necessary for a full examination of this nations history?
No.
How about confederate monuments in areas that were never part of the civil war?
I don't recall seeing a Robert E Lee statue here in Davenport. Are you in favor of digging up Confederate cemeteries and tossing the bones in a Garbage dump?

I don't recall anyone seriously talking about digging up cemeteries do you? On the other hand, I think war commemorations better belong in battlefield historical sites, particularly commemerations of the losers.

For example - there are commorations in Kentucky - a state that officially declared neutrality and was later pillaged by the confederacy. Other states where statues commererating the confederacy that took no part in the war (or did not exist at the time) or were clearly union include Colorado, Arizona, California, Washington, Utah, and more.

Time to put them in their proper historical context - the battlefield sites and cemetaries. That's not dishonoring them.

That's what it is. 18 months and they have nothing yet they keep going and ruining innocent lives.

75+ charges, 5 guilty pleas, and 4 cooperating witnesses isn’t “nothing”. Innocent people don’t plead “guilty”.

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
So the beer summit doesn't matter and I'm the guy obligated to spin for pointing out a fact? Sure bud, your a real true independent!:laugh:
I'm hoping for the best, you're deflecting.

Even though I voted against Trump, I don't care if he gets credit if this goes well. I just care about results.

The last thing you'd want is for this to actually work. Not with Trump in the White House.

The beer summit was calling the cop into a hostile situation and putting him in his place.
What was hostile about it?

Obama, the most powerful man in the world, who called the cop an idiot, invited the working class stiff into his house for a "teaching moment".

NO ONE, thought that Obama was referring to himself as the student.

He was the "teacher" and the stupid student(s) were the cop and White America.
I think he was referring to the the three of them together as learning from it since he admitted he could have handled it better. Just my opinion.

Standard propaganda technique. Be vague. Let the moderates hear what they want to hear. Let the radical racists on your side hear what you really mean.

What is really funny though is what comes out of Trump’s mouth, far more arrogant and insulting, but you aren’t bothered? Trump, the most powerful man in the world, as you noted, wants a “conversation” with a man he personallyattacked in public and another man who has publically heaped praise on Trump’s ego.

The cop that arrested the guy who was breaking into a house and was an asshole about it, was not doing anything wrong.

Obama was being a dick, when he called that cop stupid.

Kaepernick, was being an asshole, when Trump rightfully pointed out that he was being an asshole.

I think a combination of both.
He would need to demonstrate that he can see the big picture, and isn't bending over for either side of the issue.

He'd also need to control his impulse to over-promise, to over-showbiz, and to over-interpret the results.

He can do this. Most of the onus would be on West and Kap to stay focused and look for common ground.

Bullshit. The press will give West and Kaepernick a pass and will be looking for the slightest bullshit hint of a pretend reason to smear and attack Trump.
Or maybe something good will come of it.

We won't know unless we try in good faith.

Oh there is certainly a chance that something good can come of it.

But it will not be because the press is doing anything. It will be IN SPITE of all the press is doing to sabotage Trump, and anything that TRump might do,

not to mention any racial healing, at all.

The Press does not have Good Faith.

The press doesn’t control Donald Trump’s tweets, many of which cross the line into obstruction of justice.

I was actually referring specifically to this situation,

BUT, Mueller's probe is a witch hunt and calling it that, is certainly not obstruction of justice, and the FBI has been corrupt and the Justice Department has been greatly abusing their power too. Stormtrooper is closer to the truth than what you just claimed.

Why would this moron want Kaepernick and West for a "race summit"? A photo op with athletes and entertainers to supposedly prove that he is some sort of "nice guy"? I am in the DC area.I know that African-American movers and shakers abound in D.C. If this turd wants to talk about racial issues, tell him to fit his ugly backside into his limo, and take the less than three-mile trip to Capitol Hill, where he can meet with African-American leaders like the Congressional Black Caucus, and such Senators as Corey Booker and Kamala Harris.

I'm hoping for the best, you're deflecting.

Even though I voted against Trump, I don't care if he gets credit if this goes well. I just care about results.

The last thing you'd want is for this to actually work. Not with Trump in the White House.

The beer summit was calling the cop into a hostile situation and putting him in his place.

Obama, the most powerful man in the world, who called the cop an idiot, invited the working class stiff into his house for a "teaching moment".

I think he was referring to the the three of them together as learning from it since he admitted he could have handled it better. Just my opinion.

Standard propaganda technique. Be vague. Let the moderates hear what they want to hear. Let the radical racists on your side hear what you really mean.

What is really funny though is what comes out of Trump’s mouth, far more arrogant and insulting, but you aren’t bothered? Trump, the most powerful man in the world, as you noted, wants a “conversation” with a man he personallyattacked in public and another man who has publically heaped praise on Trump’s ego.

The cop that arrested the guy who was breaking into a house and was an asshole about it, was not doing anything wrong.

Obama was being a dick, when he called that cop stupid.

Kaepernick, was being an asshole, when Trump rightfully pointed out that he was being an asshole.

Kaepernick wasn't doing anything wrong. Trump was not "rightfull". No more than Obama for calling a cop stupid for acting like an asshole.

Obama was being a dick, when he called that cop stu

Kaepernick wasn't doing anything wrong. Trump was not "rightfull". No more than Obama for calling a cop stupid for acting like an asshole.

1 Kaepernick was an American actively disrespecting America during a ritual to show respect, and loyalty to America and his fellow Americans. That fits my definition of wrong.

2. Trump was right to call him out on it. Too long we Americans have let assholes being anti-American assholes without any cost.

3. The cop was just a regular guy trying to do his job, and doing it well. Kaepernick was making an asshole political statement by actively disrespecting the nation as a whole.

What Obama did was wrong. What Trump did was right.

1 Kaepernick was an American actively disrespecting America during a ritual to show respect, and loyalty to America and his fellow Americans. That fits my definition of wrong.

2. Trump was right to call him out on it. Too long we Americans have let assholes being anti-American assholes without any cost.

3. The cop was just a regular guy trying to do his job, and doing it well. Kaepernick was making an asshole political statement by actively disrespecting the nation as a whole.

1. Kaepernick was an American expressing his rights in a respectful manner (he even talked with a veteran on the best way to do it without showing disrespect and the veteran recommended kneeling).

2. The cop was trying to do his job but did not do it well in that instance and ended up disrespecting a legitimate home owner.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Kaepernick did not disrespect the United States of America or our military. His was and is a protest against the people in various offices who have strayed from our national principles and values.

1. Kaepernick was an American expressing his rights in a respectful manner (he even talked with a veteran on the best way to do it without showing disrespect and the veteran recommended kneeling).

2. The cop was trying to do his job but did not do it well in that instance and ended up disrespecting a legitimate home owner.

1. Kaepernick was an American expressing his rights, by KNEELING during a ritual where STANDING is done to show respect.

That is actively showing DISRESPECT, to America and Americans, and not just military service vets.

2. THe cop was called to investigate a man breaking into a house and the guy they stopped to question had a hissy fit and they properly arrested the ass.

I agree, the hypocrisy of the Left is astounding.

Kaepernick did not disrespect the United States of America or our military. His was and is a protest against the people in various offices who have strayed from our national principles and values.

Yes, he did. He clarified his intent with his words for those dense enough to not understand KNEELING during the National Anthem.

And it is not disrespect to our military.

The Flag is not a symbol that represents our military.

The Flag is a symbol for the nation as a whole, ie "and the nation for which is stands".

Kaepernick did disrespect the nation as a whole and all of it's citizens.

He is an asshole and should be shunned by normal, healthy society.

1. Kaepernick was an American expressing his rights, by KNEELING during a ritual where STANDING is done to show respect.

That is actively showing DISRESPECT, to America and Americans, and not just military service vets.

2. THe cop was called to investigate a man breaking into a house and the guy they stopped to question had a hissy fit and they properly arrested the ass.

I agree, the hypocrisy of the Left is astounding.

It's ok for Trump to call Kaepernic and "asshole" but not ok for Obama to call the cop "stupid". You guys are unreal in your attempt to justify your hypocritic stances.

Forum List

Back