Trump wants Kaepernick & West for White House race summit

Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

Maybe they'll find a few points ON WHICH THEY CAN AGREE.

I was hoping for something like this from the prior administration.
I doubt it happens. Kaepernick strikes me as an intellectual coward.
Oh, I think he's a True Believer.

Neither party is a terribly good representative, but to me that doesn't matter. The public would be watching because we're so goddamned addicted to celebrity. Fine, whatever it takes. We need dialogue, communication.
No doubt we need the dialogue but we need honest actors in the debate.
Kaepernick was not even honest with himself. He didn't even vote ffs. The man is a fraud.
And if I'm to be honest Kayne seems to have problems articulating his message without sounding crazy.

Well, I hope Trump can see both sides of this, at least to some degree.

Yeah, Stormy Mac, i know you see Trump as a savior.

Hey, here's an idea. Instead of having a discussion between two Celebrities, let's have a discussion between two academics or people who can articulate the problem..

Naw, that would be boring.

Nice. Thanks, Mr. President, this is LONG OVERDUE. Two well-known figures TALKING with high national visibility.

We need to start somewhere: President Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, Quarterback He Vilified, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

I hope this happens, and I hope it starts REAL dialogue and communication and LISTENING.

I doubt it happens. Kaepernick strikes me as an intellectual coward.
Oh, I think he's a True Believer.

Neither party is a terribly good representative, but to me that doesn't matter. The public would be watching because we're so goddamned addicted to celebrity. Fine, whatever it takes. We need dialogue, communication.
No doubt we need the dialogue but we need honest actors in the debate.
Kaepernick was not even honest with himself. He didn't even vote ffs. The man is a fraud.
And if I'm to be honest Kayne seems to have problems articulating his message without sounding crazy.

Can't argue. But this situation is so bad, and it's continuing to decay. I'm ready to throw pretty much anything at it.

why is that important? It's not like we actually COUNT votes in this country. kind of seems like a wasted activity if we have to pick between the two white candidates rich people have chosen for us, and when we say no to one of them, we are stuck with him anyway.

If Trump opens, or even includes a mea culpa, that's a hard fail, right there.

The myth needs challenged. Anyone that pushes it, needs called out.
There's a lot of ground between a mea culpa and just admitting that both sides have work to do. It's not one or the other.

If something that obvious can't be admitted, then there's no hope. I think Trump has the capacity to be honest on this.

IF he starts talking about republicans or even white racism, everyone will stop listening.

The whites will see it, correctly as just more of the same bullshit lecturing, and that's it.

The blacks and liberals will have their pre conceived notions validated and stop listening.
Is it fair to say then, that you believe white racism is a myth?

I believe that white racism has been crushed and defeated and what little remains is pretty much powerless.

A far LARGER problem is the use of the False Accusation of Racism as a weapon.

It is tearing this nation apart, and denying the normal political process to large percentages of people.

If Trump starts talking about what WE need to do, that will just be feeding into the lie narrative of the vile, or as you call it, the regressive, left.

And ends the conversation right there.

People might keep talking, past that point, but no one will be listening.

As I explained above.

Trump is the guy that campaigned in Michigan and Wisconsin, when every "Reasonable" observer thought he was wasting his time.

He can see it.

The question is, is he going to be hard ball enough to hit the lie head on.

Or is he trying to be liked by people who hate him with every fiber of their being.

Can't argue. But this situation is so bad, and it's continuing to decay. I'm ready to throw pretty much anything at it.

the situation is bad because one party continues to use racism to get stupid people to vote against their own economic interests.

That's why the situation is bad, Stormy Mac.

There's a lot of ground between a mea culpa and just admitting that both sides have work to do. It's not one or the other.

If something that obvious can't be admitted, then there's no hope. I think Trump has the capacity to be honest on this.

IF he starts talking about republicans or even white racism, everyone will stop listening.

The whites will see it, correctly as just more of the same bullshit lecturing, and that's it.

The blacks and liberals will have their pre conceived notions validated and stop listening.

I believe that white racism has been crushed and defeated and what little remains is pretty much powerless.

It is tearing this nation apart, and denying the normal political process to large percentages of people.

If Trump starts talking about what WE need to do, that will just be feeding into the lie narrative of the vile, or as you call it, the regressive, left.

As I explained above.

Trump is the guy that campaigned in Michigan and Wisconsin, when every "Reasonable" observer thought he was wasting his time.

He can see it.

Or is he trying to be liked by people who hate him with every fiber of their being.
I think a combination of both.

the situation is bad because one party continues to use racism to get stupid people to vote against their own economic interests.

That's why the situation is bad, Stormy Mac.
I totally agree! If the far left would just quit that shit we could make progress.

As I explained above.

He can see it.

He would need to demonstrate that he can see the big picture, and isn't bending over for either side of the issue.

He'd also need to control his impulse to over-promise, to over-showbiz, and to over-interpret the results.

He can do this. Most of the onus would be on West and Kap to stay focused and look for common ground.

As I explained above.

He can see it.

He would need to demonstrate that he can see the big picture, and isn't bending over for either side of the issue.

He'd also need to control his impulse to over-promise, to over-showbiz, and to over-interpret the results.

He can do this. Most of the onus would be on West and Kap to stay focused and look for common ground.

Bullshit. The press will give West and Kaepernick a pass and will be looking for the slightest bullshit hint of a pretend reason to smear and attack Trump.

As I explained above.

He can see it.

Bullshit. The press will give West and Kaepernick a pass and will be looking for the slightest bullshit hint of a pretend reason to smear and attack Trump.
Or maybe something good will come of it.

We won't know unless we try in good faith.

The prior administration had the beer summit that was widely mocked by republicans.
Ah, the "beer summit". Eight years, and we got the "beer summit".

We've never had a President more prepared and qualified to tackle our race issues head-on than Obama. Not even close. Yet in eight years, he did little more than vote "present".

I know you're ideologically obligated to spin for him. But as an Independent, that was by far my biggest disappointment with his administration.
How did the right treat the Beer Summit? It was exactly what you are applauding Trump for attempting but when Obama did it it it was “racist”.

Conversations are good whether over a beer or a more formal structure. Kudos for Obama in doing it and if Trump pulls this off in a respectful manner, kudos to him.

The prior administration had the beer summit that was widely mocked by republicans.

We've never had a President more prepared and qualified to tackle our race issues head-on than Obama. Not even close. Yet in eight years, he did little more than vote "present".

I know you're ideologically obligated to spin for him. But as an Independent, that was by far my biggest disappointment with his administration.

And how were his attempts at doing so received? Reformining the justice and prison systems? The right labeled him a racist at anything that looked to remotely address black concerns. And now it is ok because a white man is initiating it?

So the beer summit doesn't matter and I'm the guy obligated to spin for pointing out a fact? Sure bud, your a real true independent!:laugh:
I'm hoping for the best, you're deflecting.

Even though I voted against Trump, I don't care if he gets credit if this goes well. I just care about results.

The last thing you'd want is for this to actually work. Not with Trump in the White House.

The beer summit was calling the cop into a hostile situation and putting him in his place.
What was hostile about it?

How did the right treat the Beer Summit? It was exactly what you are applauding Trump for attempting but when Obama did it it it was “racist”.

Conversations are good whether over a beer or a more formal structure. Kudos for Obama in doing it and if Trump pulls this off in a respectful manner, kudos to him.
The Right mocked the "beer summit" for the same reason the Left is mocking this: Blatant partisanship.

As I say all the time, the two ends are very similar in their behaviors.

Either way, Obama was/is equipped to do much more than that, and he has chosen not to.

Improving race relations is going to start a Shit Storm with the Left. They are totally invested in identity politics. That's why they are having an orgasim to think that whites will be in the minority in 30 years. What are they hoping for? Extermination? LOL.

And how were his attempts at doing so received? Reformining the justice and prison systems? The right labeled him a racist at anything that looked to remotely address black concerns. And now it is ok because a white man is initiating it?
You'll have to take this up with a right winger.

All I care about is results, regardless of who gets the credit.

Forum List

Back