Trump wants to allow religious institutions to openly advocate political views - tax-exempt

I prefer the term natural rights. No "creator" gave them to us.

Natural rights given to you by whom? Those that have the guns?

Why do you think your rights have been "given" to you? They just are based upon instinct!

Because the Bible says so...and our founding fathers believed so as well....that's why. What we have now in this country that is no longer home of the brave or home of the brave is a bunch of sheeple that don't have the slightest clue as to how we have been used and manipulated....and excuse me for saying this...but since I started down this road and learned how things REALLY work and how they really are, I have become a bit of a snob and I have very little patience here of late for those that do not understand what we are up against.

MANY people don't share your biblical beliefs! Understand that.

And I am fine with that many don't believe....but leave me the fuck alone and let me live my life the way I see fit.

Sure. Just don't expect tax exempt status while you do it.

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

So much for the separation of church and state.

Yes....I heard about this a few weeks ago after Trump met with Evangelicals....he first learned about that stupidity from them...he had asked them why, with their numbers, they didn't fight harder for religious rights...and they told him....he promised them he would get rid of that crap.....

There is no provision of separation of Church and state in the constitution.......you guys hate Thomas Jefferson...but it was just in a private letter he wrote...and you morons take it for gospel.....

allowing churches to speak on political topics is what you call Religious liberty twit......

Churches are absolutely allows to speak on political topics. They simply aren't entitled to tax exempt status while they do it.

Twit.

An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views.

I am going to work very hard to repeal that language and protect free speech for all Americans.

Read The Draft Text Of Donald Trump's 2016 Republican National Convention Speech

Yes....I heard about this a few weeks ago after Trump met with Evangelicals....he first learned about that stupidity from them...he had asked them why, with their numbers, they didn't fight harder for religious rights...and they told him....he promised them he would get rid of that crap.....

There is no provision of separation of Church and state in the constitution.......you guys hate Thomas Jefferson...but it was just in a private letter he wrote...and you morons take it for gospel.....

allowing churches to speak on political topics is what you call Religious liberty twit......

Churches are absolutely allows to speak on political topics. They simply aren't entitled to tax exempt status while they do it.

Twit.
and is what the Donald stated in his speech, so?

Like organized crime, organized religion is a racket - and should be charged with racketeering. Al Capone was sent to prison for tax evasion. At least Capone provided tangible products and services - alcohol and prostitution.

When are you ignorant Libtards ever going to get it into your thick skulls - NOWHERE IN THE U.S. CONSTITUTION DOES IS SAY SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!

What it DOES say is that there will be no official government religion like they have in Britain.

This speech-stifling monstrosity MUST be repealed so that individuals of ALL KINDS can speak their minds! That is what this nation stands for.

When are you ignorant Libtards ever going to get it into your thick skulls - NOWHERE IN THE U.S. CONSTITUTION DOES IS SAY SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE!

Where in the constitution does it mandate tax exempt status for churches?

One of the reasons that people came to this country was for religious freedom and to get away from the oppressive counter-reformation being put upon the people of Europe by the Jesuits and if you don't know about this,you need to do your own due diligence. The U.S constitution put the clause in there about no state religion to keep the catholics/Jesuits from being able to make their religion the only religion. I have no issue with ANY minister or preacher talking about what is really going on in this country and taking either bought and paid for political party to task for the immorality that goes on. It cracks me up that the leftard clown posse wants to give tax-free status to groups like the SPLC, ACORN, Planned Parenthood that sells dead fetuses for profit....but if a preacher says anything against homosexuality? He must be punished and censored while being taxed on what the parishioners give to keep the doors open......it would be funny if it wasn't so true.

See you're exposing your hate toward people that are different from you again. That is why the U.S. Constitution is there, to protect the people from people like you that would force your RELIGIOUS beliefs and bigotry onto them.

You cannot legislate your version of morality from Washington D.C. no matter how hard to try, and to give religious groups tax exempt status for political gain will never happen.

Bullshit....
It wasn't always that way.......Johnson did it for selfish reasons....shock!!!!!!!

And democrats play politics in church all the fucking time......time.to make it even!!!!!!

Natural rights given to you by whom? Those that have the guns?

Why do you think your rights have been "given" to you? They just are based upon instinct!

Because the Bible says so...and our founding fathers believed so as well....that's why. What we have now in this country that is no longer home of the brave or home of the brave is a bunch of sheeple that don't have the slightest clue as to how we have been used and manipulated....and excuse me for saying this...but since I started down this road and learned how things REALLY work and how they really are, I have become a bit of a snob and I have very little patience here of late for those that do not understand what we are up against.

MANY people don't share your biblical beliefs! Understand that.

And I am fine with that many don't believe....but leave me the fuck alone and let me live my life the way I see fit.

Sure. Just don't expect tax exempt status while you do it.

Lol yeah you go tell ever black church and reverend your yanking that away.....in date you

Like organized crime, organized religion is a racket - and should be charged with racketeering. Al Capone was sent to prison for tax evasion. At least Capone provided tangible products and services - alcohol and prostitution.

Religion, the biggest and most successful scam ever pulled.

It doesn't.

What it DOES say is that there will be no official government religion like they have in Britain.

This speech-stifling monstrosity MUST be repealed so that individuals of ALL KINDS can speak their minds! That is what this nation stands for.

Fine. If they want to "speak their minds" - let them pay their fair share of taxes - just like business. Then, they can "speak their minds" all they want. Then they could even have religious super PACs if they want.

It doesn't.

Then how could denying churches tax exempt status violate their free speech or religious liberties?

It doesn't.

Then how could denying churches tax exempt status violate their free speech or religious liberties?

It wouldn't. Religious institutions get their tax-exempt status from the tax codes - not the Constitution.

The real issue is the reluctance of anesthetists, or humanists, to accept and provide those who believe in God the rights and privileges of free worship. The belief in God, and rights provided under God, will always remain an obstacle to centralized government control. In the event Church's no longer receive favorable tax incentives only the poor and indigent will suffer from a reduced amount of support. The intended result of destroying religious beliefs will never be realized for the belief in God is greater then that of state. Do yourselves a little favor and research the attempts and controls used to squash organized religion in the soviet block, didn't work, Lenin and communism were defeated. The Church rose against the government with their support of Lech Walesa in Poland. Those church's did not receive tax breaks, only persecution for voicing their beliefs, God won the battle.

In America today we are no longer ruled by majority opinion, or will of the people, we have become subservient to minority interests as adjudicated by the courts.

Are they not? They seem to be selling something, people seem to pay for it.

Nope.... people donate to maintain the church and pay the pastor. Get a clue.
it also goes to help them serve the poor and needy families.

Fine, then let their charitable donations to help the poor and needy be tax-exempt - but tax the rest. Charities are also tax-exempt.
what exactly is it you're afraid of here?

I'm not "afraid" of anything here - I just want religious institutions to pay their fair share - just like business. The NaziCons I see posting on this board are living proof that religion is a sham - and they don't deserve a free ride. Religious welfare is bullshit.
Except they're not business. They're non-profit, just like a Native American historical society would be.

Nope.... people donate to maintain the church and pay the pastor. Get a clue.
it also goes to help them serve the poor and needy families.

Fine, then let their charitable donations to help the poor and needy be tax-exempt - but tax the rest. Charities are also tax-exempt.
what exactly is it you're afraid of here?

I'm not "afraid" of anything here - I just want religious institutions to pay their fair share - just like business. The NaziCons I see posting on this board are living proof that religion is a sham - and they don't deserve a free ride. Religious welfare is bullshit.
Except they're not business. They're non-profit, just like a Native American historical society would be.
these fools have a hard time learning what a business does.

The real issue is the reluctance of anesthetists, or humanists, to accept and provide those who believe in God the rights and privileges of free worship.

You're free to worship. You're simply not entitled to tax exemptions if you're engaged in politics.

You're equating tax exemptions with freedom to worship. They aren't the same thing.

The belief in God, and rights provided under God, will always remain an obstacle to centralized government control.

And you're more than welcome to whatever beliefs you want. Yet rights are still what we say they are. And they exist as long as we protect them.

The real issue is the reluctance of anesthetists, or humanists, to accept and provide those who believe in God the rights and privileges of free worship.

You're free to worship. You're simply not entitled to tax exemptions if you're engaged in politics.

You're equating tax exemptions with freedom to worship. They aren't the same thing.

The belief in God, and rights provided under God, will always remain an obstacle to centralized government control.

And you're more than welcome to whatever beliefs you want. Yet rights are still what we say they are. And they exist as long as we protect them.
why should they pay taxes again? are they not for profits? What is it they sell? I'm just saying, what are the goods sold? Who do they buy their parts from?

why should they pay taxes again? are they not for profits? What is it they sell? I'm just saying, what are the goods sold? Who do they buy their parts from?

Why should they be held to different standards than everyone else? They sell services. And services are thoroughly taxable. As is real property.

Why should churches be exempt from the services they sell, why should their land be exempt from property taxes?

Forum List

Back